Looking To Lease Farm Close To Andaman Sea. What Areas Do You Suggest?

buzzer

Hi,

I was in Khao Lak, and it is definitely someplace I want to explore further.

I'm looking to long-term lease some farmland with some friends - get away from the city - grow mostly food for our own consumption.

These are some of the qualifications I have in mind. Hope they don't sound to unrealistic. Khao Lak seems to meet most of them, but I haven't explored anywhere else.

1. Close enough to sea to enjoy it (daily, weather permitting)

2. Property itself around 50+ meters above sealevel.

3. A couple hours drive to major city. (Shopping/Hospitals)

4. A local market nearby.

5. Good school for children - Private, not government.

There's a great deal more, but these should exclude a lot of areas. My friends and I are going to drive from BKK to Phuket in the next week. We want to check out other places than just Khao Lak. Perhaps you know of a spot worth checking somewhere in that area of Thailand. As they are like my family - but are Thai, I wanted them to do the communicating, and, if a deal is made, have it made by them, for many reasons. This will be a preliminary trip, and I don't think we're going to strike a deal at this time. I'm going to rent a place in Phuket, from which to base further explorations. Having always lived by the sea, that's what I want to do. I felt that I got burnt by hastily moving to Pattaya, where the gulf is dirty, and later to Samui, where it isn't much better in many ways.

I eagerly await any informed responses.

Thanks!

Buzzer