What'S With Thai Young Women & Ugly Breast Tattoos?

I am 39 and dislike tattoes but they definitely have become an acceptable fashion accessory. I don't think it looks cool or unique. You can age a woman from where her tattoo is. Ankle became shoulder became small of the back which seems the latest trend in most countries. You see a girl in a nice sun dress at age 40 and there's her tramp stamp on her shoulder from the time she wanted to be different ... by doing exactly the same thing as everyone else.

If I see one more 'traveler' with a small gecko tattoo on their shoulder ... grrrr. People really really think they are breaking the mould, don't they.

The tattoo on the breast is hideous. I think it would put me off someone actually as I can't understand a nice girl wanting that there .. oh forgot the rebelious streak they had or the bad break up which made them do it rolleyes.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a matter of freedom to do with your own body as one wishes,if you dont like it,its up to you as the thais say, i have many tattoos since i got my 1st when i was 13 years old my mam gave me the money for my birthday ever since then i cant stop,my wife and mother now keeps begging me not to get any more but a few drinks one just appears on my body,so better you stop going with them if it annoys you.ps have a nice day

I think I pretty clearly said above, I'm NOT going with them... Never have... Never will...

The purpose of my post was not to criticize the women and their choices...but rather to ask the question... WHY???

And not just why get a tattoo, but why such ugly ones placed so visibly and prominently?

As for your post above... I think this pretty much tells the whole story:

my wife and mother now keeps begging me not to get any more but a few drinks one just appears on my body,

Listen to your wife and mother...

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

BTW, re the various comments above:

--The photos I posted are all cropped profile photos of ladies on ThaiLoveLinks, i.e. photos those ladies chose to post themselves to display to potential mates. I could have posted the full photos, but that would have been not respecting their privacy. So I cropped the photos just to show the tattoos in question.

--My post wasn't meant as criticizing all tattoos, although I personally don't care for them myself. I've seen some that are small or cute or unoffensive to my tastes, FWIW... But the ones I was seeing and led to my post were generally large, ugly and placed on or around the women's breasts. And I was simply asking the question WHY? Why those...and why there?

Someday, perhaps, those now young ladies are going to be mothers and grandmothers... And barring laser surgery, they're likely to be carrying those ink splotches around on their breasts for the rest of their lives... age 40... age 50.... age 60.... IMHO, those tattoos really don't look good now on 20 and 30 somethings... And they're not going to look any better with age.

As one poster put it above, I'm not "offended" by them... But for me, those kind of tattoo markings really spoil what otherwise is often quite attractive cleavage.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

BTW, re the various comments above:

--The photos I posted are all cropped profile photos of ladies on ThaiLoveLinks, i.e. photos those ladies chose to post themselves to display to potential mates. I could have posted the full photos, but that would have been not respecting their privacy. So I cropped the photos just to show the tattoos in question.

TLL is mainly bar girls and gogo dancers ....... I guess a tattoo there will help customers identify them when they are dancing naked.

'Send over the one with the scorpion on her right breast, please'

• Like 1

I've met and dated and known any number of women from TLL, and NONE of them have been bar girls or go-go dancers.

Clearly, TLL has those women present among their members, and certainly in some numbers. And perhaps a lot of the ladies sporting the ugly tattoos such as those I posted in the OP come from those ranks.

But to say the women there on TLL are "mainly" bar girls just isn't the case. Rather, there are plenty of nurses, nurse's aides, teachers, company office workers, and various others who get up and go to work every day in jobs have nothing to do with bars.

Some guys go looking for the bar ladies on sites like TLL. Others such as myself go looking for those having nothing to do with bars. The trick, of course, is being able to tell the difference between the two types.

• Like 1

Dont agree with it being about attention. Maybe some cases is, but a lot of people get tattoos in areas that are hidden.

There is no ONE reason why anyone, man or woman, gets a tattoo..or ten or more. Some people who have a few tattoos dont like the look of many tattoos. Personal preference and choice.

I have a few, for a very very long time, and still no regrets yet. Only one could be deemed visible, but even then can cover it up when IF i feel like it. Boyfriend has one large one, and i find it sexy.

When i was in hospital, the nurses showed interest in my tattoo, and so i showed them the others...and they showed theirs! So many of the sweet nurses, with some big tattoos! As an aside, nurses cannot have tattoos here that are visible in general as against hospital rules.

For some it can be about conforming in general, so they are doing something a bit shocking for their own enjoyment.

For some its marking an occasion.

For others its drunken additions even when their wife and MIL hope they wont.

Waaaaaaaaaaaayy to many variables.

The only part i dont get personally, is why get it done by just any artist. I went to a multi-award winning one. I took time, and i knew what i wanted. A conscious decision, no alcohol involved! If your are going to mark your body in pretty much a permanent form, at least make sure you are SURE, then make sure the person knows what they are doing.

I also personally dont like the look of tattoos in certain areas, but its all about personal preference right, thats the beauty of having choice.

• Like 1

Um just a short story ive remembered..on one occasion, there was a man who was a bit stalkery with me tbh. and I kept making polite excuses, and hoping he would eventually back off.

Considering he mainly pounced on me whilst i was at the swimming pool, where my tattoos were visible, what happened later on was just silly. He saw me in the street and he must have caught me rolling my eyes,as id had enough. I was wearing something where a part of my tattoo was visible (nothing or any place inappropriate!), he looked at it, scrunched up his face, and made some retort about how he didnt realise i was one of those kinds of woman that did that to themselves, and had thought differently of me up until then. Had a smug look on his face. I just felt relieved. Moron.

Um just a short story ive remembered..on one occasion, there was a man who was a bit stalkery with me tbh. and I kept making polite excuses, and hoping he would eventually back off.

Considering he mainly pounced on me whilst i was at the swimming pool, where my tattoos were visible, what happened later on was just silly. He saw me in the street and he must have caught me rolling my eyes,as id had enough. I was wearing something where a part of my tattoo was visible (nothing or any place inappropriate!), he looked at it, scrunched up his face, and made some retort about how he didnt realise i was one of those kinds of woman that did that to themselves, and had thought differently of me up until then. Had a smug look on his face. I just felt relieved. Moron.

Stalkers are scary, creepy, freak me out thingies!!

I've never had one.....I feel as though I'm missing out.

@OP, my pal has a body to die for, think Kelly Brook and you'll get the idea. She got a breast tattoo and it's a mess, she seriously regrets it.

Some tattoos are beautiful, sexy, tasteful...others are scars.

Personally I detest tattoos on hands.

Lo and behold, a cute blondie walked into my shop this afternoon, aged about 22, low cut t-shirt, D cup, playboy bunny tattoo on her left breast.

I tried to get a photo so I could upload it and let you judge for yourself, but I got caught and I've just spent the afternoon in a police cell.

The things I do for TV.

I've met and dated and known any number of women from TLL, and NONE of them have been bar girls or go-go dancers.

Clearly, TLL has those women present among their members, and certainly in some numbers. And perhaps a lot of the ladies sporting the ugly tattoos such as those I posted in the OP come from those ranks.

But to say the women there on TLL are "mainly" bar girls just isn't the case. Rather, there are plenty of nurses, nurse's aides, teachers, company office workers, and various others who get up and go to work every day in jobs have nothing to do with bars.

Some guys go looking for the bar ladies on sites like TLL. Others such as myself go looking for those having nothing to do with bars. The trick, of course, is being able to tell the difference between the two types.

I am married to a girl from TLL and she has never worked near a bar nor does she even want a tattoo.

Lo and behold, a cute blondie walked into my shop this afternoon, aged about 22, low cut t-shirt, D cup, playboy bunny tattoo on her left breast.

I tried to get a photo so I could upload it and let you judge for yourself, but I got caught and I've just spent the afternoon in a police cell.

The things I do for TV.

Must not have been a SO that caught you, it would have been the morguewink.png

Ask any copper. Tattoos are the best way of identifying criminals.

A truly ridiculous comment.

BTW, got my first (and only tattoo) at age 67 - wanted to, did it.

No criminal record and no charges pending.

I think he meant "you could tell one criminal from another by their tattoos" because shifty looks and ridiculous accents are easily assumed or concealed as appropriate. I am sure we have all read descriptions of villains "a shifty, unshaven lout with a delicate dragon and butterfly motif tattooed in three colours above on the left buttock"; a distinguishing mark which will make him very easy to identify and apprehend before next he robs a post office...

I normally assume that anyone whistling tunefully is innocent, though I could imagine that the more cunning and devious of the villainous fraternity may be wise to this now.

you have completely misunderstood the post. there was no judgment there. tattoos are identifying marks -- ie. did you see his face? no, but he had a hello kitty on a motorcycle tattoo on his hand.

you have completely misunderstood the post. there was no judgment there. tattoos are identifying marks -- ie. did you see his face? no, but he had a hello kitty on a motorcycle tattoo on his hand.

Didn't you mention Hello Kitty on another thread? You must really like Hello Kitty.

Didn't you mention Hello Kitty on another thread? You must really like Hello Kitty.

Maybe he's just trying to throw a false trail with respect to some dastardly villianry the commission from which he is fresh. No doubt, even as we speak, he is whistling a jaunty George Formby ditty in all apparent innocence, which ditty may well even have salacious alternative lyrics... to which our own. less virtuous minds may inexorably be drawn

SC

• Like 1

I wasn't suggesting that if you have a tattoo, you are a criminal.

Tattoos, like fingerprints and DNA, are unique, but unlike fingerprinting and DNA, you don't need forensic comparisons to make a positive identification. Other forms if ID, such things as clothing, hairstyle can be changed, and such things as race, height, eye colours are too generic in the community to be relied on in isolation. So, tattoos ARE the best way of identifying criminals. Ask any copper? I was, for 30 years.

Congratulations on your clean police record.

Edited by Radar501

I too am not a big fan of women with tattoos, especially when they are on show all the time as on the breasts, arms or legs.

The odd discreet and well done tattoo is no problem.

Reminds me of the nose rings or studs some wear, They look terrible, yet a stud in the belly button can be quite sexy.

Have to agree with the OP about large ugly tattoos around the breast area, and not understanding the logic for the action......

....however, I do admire good artwork when it comes to tattoos and even small discreet ones around the breast area. I personally don't have one but to get one is on my bucket list, just haven't decided what or where.

I always like asking people who have tattoos, what is the story behind the tattoo, I have heard some very interesting reasons and of course there are the "got pissed and when I woke up...it was there, don't remember", but a lot of the time it is a worthwhile reason.

As for the girls with the big ugly ones on their boobs, would like to hear their stories.

I wasn't suggesting that if you have a tattoo, you are a criminal.

Tattoos, like fingerprints and DNA, are unique, but unlike fingerprinting and DNA, you don't need forensic comparisons to make a positive identification. Other forms if ID, such things as clothing, hairstyle can be changed, and such things as race, height, eye colours are too generic in the community to be relied on in isolation. So, tattoos ARE the best way of identifying criminals. Ask any copper? I was, for 30 years.

Congratulations on your clean police record.

We all have clean records on TV

No villains here, officer, I wouldn't even know what one looked like, apart from the tattoos. And the fact that he wasn't whistling a jaunty tune...

SC

de de dee de de de deee, dee de deeedle de deee!

I've never dated or personally socialized with a Thai woman sporting a tattoo, and especially the ugly variety depicted above.

But I have no doubt that there's any number of TV members here who have had or still have Thai GFs -- short-term or long-term -- with tattoos of this sort and who might have some ideas on what led to their placement.

As for the question above, I wasn't looking at all to explore about ladies' tattoo trends. But with all those ugly markings staring you in the face time after time, it's kind of hard to ignore them.

They are a total turn-off for me personally. I see that a number of young women are sporting them, misguidedly thinking that it makes them attractive.

All I can think of when I see tattoo's on a woman is 'BARGIRLS' - I know that many women in all walks of life have them but I think it makes them look 'trashy' and lacking in self confidence. Just my opinion, but I cannot understand why they ruin their bodies with these ugly 'stains'.

Another thing - what are they going to be thinking about adorning them in 50 years time when they are in their 60's, 70's or even 80's?

They are a total turn-off for me personally. I see that a number of young women are sporting them, misguidedly thinking that it makes them attractive.

They are a turn off for you personally therefore how can it be misguided? They're only misguided if they're trying to be attractive to you - I think you will find there are so many more reasons for getting a tattoo which don't revolve around you or any other external person.

Personally I find a lot of body art attractive - I don't like those large fish or completely covered bodies but then I have seen some great Japanese ones that completely covered a back. And don't discount there effect when rippling under you in the doggy style position.

I don't like crap tattoos (or crap graffiti) - but I'm not going to pre-judge people for having them because they upset my sensibilities.