Can I Invest In Thai Real Estate With My Belgian Company.

Hey guys,

I've got a question for you all. Back in belgium I have a successfull company that invests solely in real estate. Being married with a Thai lady and having lived in thailand for over two years I'm rather keen to start investing in thai property as well. So my question is is it legally possible to invest in thai real estate with my belgian company.

On the belgian side I have everything checked out and this would be no problem. But I would like to know if I formed a thai company would it legally be possible to have a part of the shares owned by a belgium company. If this is possible it would be much more taxfriendly for me then taking out the money of my belgian company to reinvest in Thailand afterwards.

I'll be waiting for your responses

Aonsamui

The following was posted on the web by an on line Thai Law Company specializing in Real estate:

Foreign juristic entities (e.g. a BVI company) can register ownership within the 49% foreign ownership quota of a condominium just as any natural foreign person. A minutes of meeting is required approving the purchase, company documents of incorporation must be prepared, notarized, translated and submitted with the land office (all or specific company documents, depending on the local land office requirements), together with documents such as a foreign exchange transaction form, as when a foreign individual is buying a condo in Thailand.

Based on this info. I would think that you can-No idea what a BVI company is .

You will need the employ the services of a reputable Thai legal Company to carry out the notarization- translation etc. etc.

Edited by Delight