Absolutely No Idea What To Ask For My Bike!

Hey there,

I am hoping that someone can help a girl out here, apart from riding a bike I really haven't got a clue about them.

Well, I will be looking to sell my Kawasaki Boss 175cc (in the next couple of months) and was just wondering how much I could ask for it, because I really have no idea. She's gonna be 7 years old next month, only had one owner (me) and she's done just 32,000km. Some guy at my school was like I'll give you between $300-$500, but that seemed a bit low to me, so I asked at the Kawasaki shop how much they would give me for a trade in but they said they weren't interested because of her age. In the last year I have bought a new chain, new shock absorbers, new battery and changed the petrol distributer thingy (I don't know what it is called, but it was leaking and was costing me a fortune in petrol)

Thanks in advance

RedHotChilli

really comes down to condition of the bike (and assuming it has green book), but anywhere from THB 25k to 40k seems to be the general asking prices.

I really appreciate the input thanks, it's alot more than I was thinking, that's good news, because the money I make will go towards the Honda CBR 150 that I am wanting to buy :)

Yep, I have the green book and I guess she's in pretty good nick, well apart from that she could do with a dam_n good clean!

Umm, just one more question, but when I find a buyer what happens then, I mean how do we go about transferring names. Do I like just hand over the book, or is there something I need to be doing?

Thanks again.

Edited by RedHotChilli

really comes down to condition of the bike (and assuming it has green book), but anywhere from THB 25k to 40k seems to be the general asking prices.

I have the same bike but 9 years old. I am told by my mechanic, Thai brother in law to ask 25 to 35K Baht.

• Like 1

I am actually hoping to sell it at the end of August, because that is when I will have the cash to buy the new bike.

I guess a good way to sell it is using the ThaiVisa.com forum.

Ummm, I wouldn't say it is in outstanding condition. There is no rust, but the exhaust pipe isn't like shiny anymore, looks kind of dull and scratched, but the tank of the bike still looks good (It's a light metallic gold colour.)

I really appreciate the input thanks, it's alot more than I was thinking, that's good news, because the money I make will go towards the Honda CBR 150 that I am wanting to buy smile.png

Yep, I have the green book and I guess she's in pretty good nick, well apart from that she could do with a dam_n good clean!

Umm, just one more question, but when I find a buyer what happens then, I mean how do we go about transferring names. Do I like just hand over the book, or is there something I need to be doing?

Thanks again.

quite a few topics in the bike forum about transfer the most recent one is

http://www.thaivisa....g-off-a-farang/

Basically in selling your bike (greenbook in your name) you will need to give a copy of passport, a copy of current visa page/s and maybe a resident certificate from your local immigration (unless you have a yellow house book, then a copy of that). You might also have to sign a DLT transfer form and DLT power of Attorney form if you are not going to go to the DLT with the new owner.

The DLT forms are in this topic

Edited by taichiplanet

I really appreciate the input thanks, it's alot more than I was thinking, that's good news, because the money I make will go towards the Honda CBR 150 that I am wanting to buy smile.png

Thanks again.

quite a few topics in the bike forum about transfer the most recent one is

http://www.thaivisa....g-off-a-farang/

Basically in selling your bike (greenbook in your name) you will need to give a copy of passport, a copy of current visa page/s and maybe a resident certificate from your local immigration (unless you have a yellow house book, then a copy of that). You might also have to sign a DLT transfer form and DLT power of Attorney form if you are not going to go to the DLT with the new owner.

The DLT forms are in this topic

http://www.thaivisa....rm#entry5338424

Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!