Unwanted Adverts

Simbo

Another thing that might happen is you are using the right scroll bar to read and accidently click one of the Google advertisements. If your mouse has a wheel to scroll that might help to keep your finger off the trigger button

Another thing that might happen is you are using the right scroll bar to read and accidently click one of the Google advertisements. If your mouse has a wheel to scroll that might help to keep your finger off the trigger button

I think the latter may be it. I'll try and be more careful with my mouse. Thanks.

Simbo. It's not just you. I had a similar problem a little while back and asked the question here.

A couple of others noted that they had similar problems. At the time I thought it was related to my touch pad failing (started sending random clicks and opening all sorts of crud).

Touch pad is now disabled in BIOS, and I have a nice new Microsoft Wheel Mouse, I still occasionally (just occasionally) get redirected to a commercial (as far as I can tell it's the Google ad that appears at the top of the screen).

Now, I'm 99% sure I'm not accidentally clicking on an ad, I'm 100% certain I don't have a virus or unwanted adware.

This ONLY happens on TV. Whilst it's a bit of a bind and mildly annoying it's not really a major issue.

A quick click of the BACK button in your browser will get you back to TV and allow you to go in the intended direction.

Edited by Crossy

Now, I'm 99% sure I'm not accidentally clicking on an ad, I'm 100% certain I don't have a virus or unwanted adware.

This ONLY happens on TV. Whilst it's a bit of a bind and mildly annoying it's not really a major issue.

A quick click of the BACK button in your browser will get you back to TV and allow you to go in the intended direction.

:o I thought I was going click crazy until I read this thread. It has happened to me twice today. :D