A German Society In Ubon Ratchthani?

lostinisaan

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and just moved to Ubon. Are there many Germans here in Ubon? I'd love to have a chat in my mother tongue, haven't used it for centuries.

I've met a German guy at the bus station in Ubon last evening, his name was Martin, lost his address with phone number. Does anybody know him?

He said he's living here for a while. I need to buy a car, furniture etc.'' Seems that he's selling his car, any posts would be deeply appreciated.

Where do foreigners go to hang out? I can't speak Thai, so how are the chances to find the right woman for my life?

How much is a small house. monthly? Any advice would be deeply appreciated.

Good day.

I hope herr Gerhart is ok with you putting his name and phone number on an open forum, even though it's not the correct name? rolleyes.gif

Why, is he wanted by the BKA???????????tongue.png It's normally Gerhard, or Gerhardt. Pucking German language......wub.png

The phone number has been removed. Do not post personal information in the open forum.

Here's the rule (relevant portion in bold):

5) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

You should pay a visit to Kantharalak, about 80 kilometres south west of Ubon. The Pizza4U cafe bar opposite the bus station is run by Norbert, a German, and around most lunch hours there is a motley collection of German-speakers (German, Swiss, Austrian) plus a few Brits, Americans, etc. More German is spoken there than English and the TV is often showing sports or films in German.

If you need more precise directions you only need ask on this thread.

I think that the cafe/bar Livin in the Past in northern Sisaket is also German-run, but my wife and I have been the only customers in there on the two day-time occasions we have been there.

• Like 1

I have a few German guys come into my coffee shop on a regular basis. It is in Ubon, opposite the air force base and is called Peppers Bakery.. Pop in some time for a chat. Maybe able to help you with a house to rent as well. Cheers John

I have a few German guys come into my coffee shop on a regular basis. It is in Ubon, opposite the air force base and is called Peppers Bakery.. Pop in some time for a chat. Maybe able to help you with a house to rent as well. Cheers John

Thanks mate, will pop by asap. Hope they're not from LOWER Saxony....lol

You should pay a visit to Kantharalak, about 80 kilometres south west of Ubon. The Pizza4U cafe bar opposite the bus station is run by Norbert, a German, and around most lunch hours there is a motley collection of German-speakers (German, Swiss, Austrian) plus a few Brits, Americans, etc. More German is spoken there than English and the TV is often showing sports or films in German.

I think that the cafe/bar Livin in the Past in northern Sisaket is also German-run, but my wife and I have been the only customers in there on the two day-time occasions we have been there.

I agree his place is not crowded by germans because there is a small, small community in Sisaket Town. Most of his guys are nateive english speakers. But he can provide you with some german food. Imported from Germany incl. cheese, Sausages, pickles and more.

I agree his place is not crowded by germans because there is a small, small community in Sisaket Town. Most of his guys are nateive english speakers. But he can provide you with some german food. Imported from Germany incl. cheese, Sausages, pickles and more.

I hope these guys are not angry with you that you call them naive English speakers. Are they from Nottingham Forrest?

German cheese and sausages imported? Saw TGM products at Tesco Ubon, tastes good to me, even Nuernberger Bratwurst, almost no difference when you eat them in Ex- Adolf headquarter town in Germoney.

Sent via tablet from China

Edited by lostinisaan

I hope these guys are not angry with you that you call them naive English speakers. Are they from Nottingham Forrest?

German cheese and sausages imported? Saw TGM products at Tesco Ubon, tastes good to me, even Nuernberger Bratwurst, almost no difference when you eat them in Ex- Adolf headquarter town in Germoney.

Sorry with my misspelling it shouldt be "native". Where they are from ? Aussieland,NZ. Uk, US, Ireland

SantiSuk was referring to a restaurant in Kantharalak, where there indeed are several Germans, Swiss, Austrians and others gathering on a regular basis! wink.png

Gerhard in Ubon gave his name card a few years ago. He spells his name GERHARD on the card. This must be his preferred spelling of his name in Ubon. Whether it is correct or not I don't know. But for sure, if I got my name card printed I would print correctly the name I would like to be called.

Gerhard in Ubon gave his name card a few years ago. He spells his name GERHARD on the card. This must be his preferred spelling of his name in Ubon. Whether it is correct or not I don't know. But for sure, if I got my name card printed I would print correctly the name I would like to be called.

Who said incorrect had anything to do with the first name? blink.png

SantiSuk was referring to a restaurant in Kantharalak, where there indeed are several Germans, Swiss, Austrians and others gathering on a regular basis! wink.png

Yes, but the subsequent posters were commenting on my other reference to Livin in the Past in Sisaket (town), Bergen.

For the avoidance of doubt, both Pizza4U in Kantharalak and Livin in the Past in Sisaket Town have eclectic mixes of falang. Both do Pizzas and sell beer. Both are run by Germans (long time expatriated) and both serve some basic German food. Pizza4U is a bit more heavily populated and has a distinct element of German speakers in its customer base.