Kindle Repair

pazza

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Thailand that can repair/replace the screen of my Kindle, I am lost without it.

If anyone has a phone number it would help a lot.

BTW I live in Nong Khai and assume if there are any repairers they will most likely be situated in BKK.

Thanks for any help guys

Steve

My Kindle DX was dropped and broken but out of warranty. Called Amazon in the US and was told there are no repair facilities for Kindles anywhere but in the US. You might be better off purchasing a new one. They are now being sold in T'land and for same price as in the US. There was an article in ThaiVisa just a few days ago giving merchant names.

Kindles are for sale in Thailand but not at anything resembling USA prices. The $79 basic Kindle can only be purchased in the USA (per talk with Kindle-Amazon sales person). The next one up is Kindle Touch for $99; the cheapest I have seen listed in Thailand is 4500 baht.

Kindles are for sale in Thailand but not at anything resembling USA prices. The $79 basic Kindle can only be purchased in the USA (per talk with Kindle-Amazon sales person). The next one up is Kindle Touch for $99; the cheapest I have seen listed in Thailand is 4500 baht.

Wow thats quite a mark-up, glad I know someone in the states that can purchase and bring it over for me, (got to wait until the end of July though and I am having withdrawl symptoms already :) )

Thanks for the info

Steve wai.gif

• 11 months later...

Amazon will now ship to Thailand. Mine will arrive next week unless a postal worker steals it.

The screen on my present one went belly-up and is way out of warantee. Went to Pantip Plaza to see about repair, they all just laughed. Called Amazon to see if they could repair it, but they do not do repairs. So I upgraded to the one with built-in light and Amazon gave me a $30 credit. Nice of them since they didn't have to do anything.