Dials And Switches - Domestic Discussion Turns Into Ww3

Dorkers

just pondering a domestic discussion with my Thai sidekick that escalated into a major event from humble beginnings.

my mindset is that i tend to have a dial in regard reaching my limit. It can gradually go either way, up or down before hitting maximum as opposed to the off/on switch that mrs dorkers has, with no inbetween.

I wonder if this switch could ever be converted into a dial? or a lost cause perhaps?

or is it just a Male/Female thing? anyones partner have a dial? or are they all equipped with the 'switch only' model?

who knows!?!

Using my great powers of intelligence and deduction, sir, I suppose that you are talking about light switches? And not for instance, an erotic sex toy? The temperature of your shower? Your whiskey distiller?

I think this post should be in the mystery Forum

• Like 1

That is located on the Y-Chromosome which women don't have (well in Thailand, some "women" do, but that is another topic).

So no way to find one that is reasonable....Everything related with reason is on that Y-Chromosome.

I sort of agree, and have spoken about this many times with er' indoors. She proclaims that she does have a dial, but as a mere man, i fail to notice it sliding up to defcom 5. So to me, it appears Anger On, Anger off. Most definately the dial and switch reverses after the verbal set to though. Takes me a while to get up there, but it turns off pretty quickly; seconds sometimes.Hers hovers around defcom 4 /5 and gradually returns to a simmering 2 or 3 a day later.

On / Off I could live with. Random; its tough lol

Personally, I think many Thai women exhibit classic symptoms of bipolar disorder... the dial or on/off switch fails to work when emotions have exceeded a certain (lowish) level

Simon

I suppose one should be lucky one is deaf.

"Yes, dear. I was just telling my friends here that I was deaf..."

EDIT: She seems to be angry about something, and the worst of it is, its drowning out the commentary...

... oh for goodness sake referee, that was never forward...

"Yes, yes, that's what I thought..."

I wonder if her anger is anything to do with what time I came home last night? I suppose I should ask, but I probably wouldn't understand the answer..

SC

Personally, I think many Thai women exhibit classic symptoms of bipolar disorder... the dial or on/off switch fails to work when emotions have exceeded a certain (lowish) level

Simon

I don't think this is a man/woman thing - more of a Thai thing. I've noticed Thai's in general seems to blow the fuse quite suddenly.

That is located on the Y-Chromosome which women don't have (well in Thailand, some "women" do, but that is another topic).

So no way to find one that is reasonable....Everything related with reason is on that Y-Chromosome

no.

im the dial....... it takes forever to move to danger zone, but when it does its is very very nasty (occurs about once a year at work, once or twice a year with people)but then i reset right away..... hubby is on/off - and a slow restart to boot up again after meltdown. he's the thai one.