Sym Maxsym 400I First 1000Km Review

sgunn65

The SYM maxiscooters are the better bikes compared to Forza. But i visited a SYM shop in BKK two years ago (one of the few official ones that only sell SYM) and was shocked seeing their service area. It was basically looking the same as every somchai shop at the corner. Tools laying on the ground, no bike lift, mechanics sleeping somewhere. Hope this has changed now, but i wouldn't rely on it. Seems the typical thai way of starting a business. Hard to understand for westeners.

No that has not changed here in Phuket, no bike lift and a service area that is very small, did not see any tools in tool boxes, it does not give you confidence but the bike looks awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

The other thing is if you visit a Sym dealer / service center you can be much more confident that they have parts for the Sym Maxsym 400i… the chance is much less with the average Honda dealer having parts on stock for the Forza 300i.

Yes, Honda has more dealers in Thailand, but are this Honda dealers who ever worked on a Honda Forza 300 and do they have parts on stock?

The other thing is if you visit a Sym dealer / service center you can be much more confident that they have parts for the Sym Maxsym 400i… the chance is much less with the average Honda dealer having parts on stock for the Forza 300i.

Yes, Honda has more dealers in Thailand, but are this Honda dealers who ever worked on a Honda Forza 300 and do they have parts on stock?

How many sym dealers are there in Thailand? for the money it is a far better buy than the Forza, 399cc as opposed to 270cc with the Forza, but again it's just having confidence in the service, when I walk into many Honda dealers the service center is professional with the sym in Phuket it certainly Isn't, there is no top case bracket available for the 400i which is a downside for me because I do like to have a top box, Givi Thailand has said though they should be available within the next 4 months!

Edited by Alwayssunny

The workshop at the Bangkok Sym dealer looks pretty okay

Not the one i have seen. Where is the workshop showed in your video. Never seen such quiet and clean working area. Looks more like an office, doesn't it? They are working barefoot and with socks whistling.gif

Edited by wantan

I can't find any good reason to buy the sym over the Forza, the dealer support is there for Honda plus I think resale value will be far better for the Forza, was not impressed by the sym dealer in Phuket at all!!

I can't find any good reason to buy the sym over the Forza, the dealer support is there for Honda plus I think resale value will be far better for the Forza, was not impressed by the sym dealer in Phuket at all!!

The Forza is extremely well supported all over Thailand, yes it's only 270cc but that's plenty for me, I think it will be the Forza! it's a shame because the sym looks a very good bike!

If you want to frame it and hang it on your living room wall, get the Sym (a red one would look nice on the wall, with a gold and black frame). If you want to drive it any distance, get the Forza (any color) -- full stop.

Edited by Thailaw

The Forza is extremely well supported all over Thailand, yes it's only 270cc but that's plenty for me, I think it will be the Forza! it's a shame because the sym looks a very good bike!

If you want to frame it and hang it on your living room wall, get the Sym (a red one would look nice on the wall, with a gold and black frame). If you want to drive it any distance, get the Forza (any color) -- full stop.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Forza everything is in place, if a dealer does not have parts they can be got quickly, the only thing with the Forza is the seat but that can be rectified easily, yes I think it will be the Forza!! shame Honda have not brought out a 400 Forza it would sell huge!

I don't think you can go wrong with the Forza everything is in place, if a dealer does not have parts they can be got quickly, the only thing with the Forza is the seat but that can be rectified easily, yes I think it will be the Forza!! shame Honda have not brought out a 400 Forza it would sell huge!

I agree with you. I have a Forza (and a PCX150) and the power is more than adequate. The power on the PCX is ok, but I seldom use the PCX any more as the Forza is so much quicker. I was surprised, however, at the reduction in pick-up when I recently had a male rider on the back. It is a rare occurrence, so it doesn't affect me, but if you are riding two up frequently, you may be disappointed with the Forza. I also wish it came in a 400 or 600 cc version -- that would be a great bike. The seat is ok for me, but I can see how you might want to modify it, which is as you note easily done. I never seriously considered the Sym, but I did speak to the sales lady at Mityon in Pattaya about both bikes before I bought the Forza. They sell both, but she strongly recommended the Forza over the Sym. Perhaps she gets a larger commission on the Forza, who knows. I am happy with the Forza, and I would make the same choice again, although I do like the look of the Sym better. For mounting on my wall, i would definitely choose the Sym. Cheers,

• Like 1

You get 130 extra cc as the Forza is 270cc, the sym seat is far superior and there is more room on the bike, 12v socket and USB for phone, not sure what headlights they are but certainly look better, rear lights are LED, indicators in the wing mirrors, bike comes with a tall screen, not sure what other features are different as the brochure is in Thai, certainly looks better than the Forza!

Much thinking about which bike to get, sym not a good idea, T Max far too expensive and far too expensive to maintain, so it's the Forza!

Edited by Alwayssunny

Just back from a Yamaha Tricity day, the tricity looks very good but oh dear it's a 125cc!! they had some big bikes there for test drives but unless you arrived on a big bike you can not test the T Max or any of the other big bikes!

Edited by Alwayssunny

The SYM maxiscooters are the better bikes compared to Forza. But i visited a SYM shop in BKK two years ago (one of the few official ones that only sell SYM) and was shocked seeing their service area. It was basically looking the same as every somchai shop at the corner. Tools laying on the ground, no bike lift, mechanics sleeping somewhere. Hope this has changed now, but i wouldn't rely on it. Seems the typical thai way of starting a business. Hard to understand for westeners.

No that has not changed here in Phuket, no bike lift and a service area that is very small, did not see any tools in tool boxes, it does not give you confidence but the bike looks awesome!

Yes a clean and tidy workshop is a good indicator of a bad management.

But in Thailand, if they can do a good job there it does not matter really. It is all about if they can service your bike nicely or not.

It was mention the SYM spanner twirlers were asleep...I can explain. SYM scooters never break down! So, all they have to do is routine service and pre-delivery work. biggrin.png

• Like 1

No answer to your question "where is this workshop" seems strange to me!!

No answer? The location of the workshop is written above the Youtube video

It was mention the SYM spanner twirlers were asleep...I can explain. SYM scooters never break down! So, all they have to do is routine service and pre-delivery work. biggrin.png

The more accurate explanation is, I suspect, that since the Forza was introduced by Honda in Thailand, they haven't sold enough Maxsyms to keep their three mechanics (country-wide) busy with pre-delivery set-up work and rountine maintenance, which presently keeps their mechanics busy just under 17.5 minutes per week. So, sleeping (and spit polishing the workshop floors) is their most useful on-the-job activity until Sym figures out how to sell some of these pieces of "art" .....

Edited by Thailaw

The more accurate explanation is, I suspect, that since the Forza was introduced by Honda in Thailand, they haven't sold enough Maxsyms to keep their three mechanics (country-wide) busy with pre-delivery set-up work and rountine maintenance, which presently keeps their mechanics busy just under 17.5 minutes per week. So, sleeping (and spit polishing the workshop floors) is their most useful on-the-job activity until Sym figures out how to sell some of these pieces of "art" .....

Stop sucking lemons....it's affecting your fingers!

Stop sucking lemons....it's affecting your fingers!

No lemon sucking here. The only thing that might be affecting my fingers is squeezing melons, which generally has a calming effect. And what is your excuse -- trying to write posts with you thumb stuck up your bum? Or perhaps that is your head.... whistling.gif