Thaksin Receives US Visa: Noppadon

webfact

quote name='h90' timestamp='1341565184' post='5459308'

Come on! It is complete irrelevant what someone in Thailand fills. The USA is doing what they want, they did worse things than brake a extradition treaty with a country that no US president since Carter can even find on the map.

Oh, I don't know about that - I imagine Clinton knows where Phuket and Pattaya are! tongue.png

I believe she knows Phuket and Pattaya. But can she find it on the map, a real with all that strange countries with similar names...Taiwan, Thailand, Taipei, all full with yellow people who steal American jobs, or Arab terrorists or European monarchists. Some are friendly some not.

It isn't easy for the land of the free home of the brave.

Uhmmmm.... you were talking about Presidents. I was referring to Bill, not Hillary. wai.gif

Last off-topic post from me on this thread: Both Clinton and Bush were here in 2005, after the tsunami. http://billclintonda...onesia-sri.html

Obviously about Bill, and obviously tongue in cheek.

Where the cigar was put is another issue.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without the information on the application for a visa, it is very difficult to speculate. We don't know what type of visa he applied for and received. Is it a tourist visa or a business visa?

Having a criminal record does complicate the visa process, but it does not preclude someone from getting a visa. There are some crimes that will exclude an applicant from a visa, such as crimes against humanity and some drug convictions (trafficking).

In order for him to be extradited, there has to be an extradition order. An extradition order would occur at a high level--I believe the Foreign Ministry. His sister is PM, so it's likely that there is no extradition order.

He would have to overcome two presumptions to be given the visa: First, that he would become a public charge and second, that he is likely to remain in the US.

(Also, an off-topic post has been deleted)

All they need is evidence of Thaksin getting

part of a kick-back from a USA company

and they can hjold and prosecute him easy as pie.

Without the information on the application for a visa, it is very difficult to speculate. We don't know what type of visa he applied for and received. Is it a tourist visa or a business visa?

Actually, without proof, we don't know if he even has a visa.

• Like 1

i'll bet he does though.

Yeah I want to see the long form visa application! Where's Donald Trump when you want him? sick.gif

Plus detailed medical records and long form proctology exam.

How do we know Thaksin isn't a unicorn? Unicorns can't get visas.
  • Like 1

The USA is a good place for Thaksin in my opinion........cheesy.gif

I think he should run for President. The Democrats all ready have there shoo in but there is still time to buy the Republicans.

Besides if it is a fact why is it not being publicized by a reputable source.

If they have a extradition treaty with the states can the states initiate the process? Please

i'll bet he does though.

I'll wait for the proof.

Yeah I want to see the long form visa application! Where's Donald Trump when you want him? sick.gif

Plus detailed medical records and long form proctology exam.

How do we know Thaksin isn't a unicorn? Unicorns can't get visas.

If Thaksin was a Unicorn, then Noppadum would have

a narrow concave hole in his forehead that goes all the way through.

From all the constant kissing up to the boss.

Which might explain this persistant whistling sound,

when he's let out of his closet into a mild breeze.

Edited by animatic

I'll wait because the last time this yokel made a similar proclamation it turned out to be completely bogus:

December 05, 2010

Voice of America News

An aide to Thaksin Shinawatra says Thailand's former prime minister will visit Washington next week to testify about the political and human rights situation in Thailand.

Noppadon Pattama, the legal representative for Mr. Thaksin, said Monday that the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe has invited him to testify in the U.S. capital on December 16.

http://www.voanews.c...939/166737.html

Edited by Buchholz

I'll wait because the last time this yokel made a similar proclamation it turned out to be completely bogus:

December 05, 2010

An aide to Thaksin Shinawatra says Thailand's former prime minister will visit Washington next week to testify about the political and human rights situation in Thailand.

Noppadon Pattama, the legal representative for Mr. Thaksin, said Monday that the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe has invited him to testify in the U.S. capital on December 16.

so... are you waiting or are you speculating?

i'm confused whistling.gif

December 05, 2010

What are you confused about?

I'm waiting for proof or corroboration because the source is unreliable.

Edited by Buchholz

December 05, 2010

confused that you said you would wait for the proof and then speculated that it might be bogus.

i was therefore confused on what you mean by the 'wait' for proof.

i thought you meant you would wait on making a speculation of whether it's true or not, guess not.

so i'm no longer confused about it.

Edited by nurofiend

Obviously the US State Dept,( Hillary Clintons domain), who oversees such visas has a certain vision for the future cooperation between the two countries under the second Thaksin regime.

He can brief them about the discussions between the current foreign minister and China and the nasa project. Cuts both ways.

December 05, 2010

confused that you said you would wait for the proof and then speculated that it might be bogus.

i was therefore confused on what you mean by the 'wait' for proof.

i thought you meant you would wait on making a speculation of whether it's true or not, guess not.

so i'm no longer confused about it.

I explained the reason I would wait for proof is because the source is not credible.

The source is not credible for the reasons I cited.

I'm not speculating that he has one or doesn't have one.

I don't know because I haven't seen proof.

Pretty simple, really, but if you're no longer confused, even if it's for the wrong reason, I don't want you to struggle further.

I explained the reason I would wait for proof is because the source is not credible.

Pretty simple, really, but if you're no longer confused, even if it's for the wrong reason, I don't want you to struggle further.

stating that the source is not credible is speculating on whether he might have one or not in my book, but i guess we're reading from different books.

so, as you were.

Seems strange the American autjorities let a criminal on the run into USA while Julian Assange is being hounded for telling the honest truth

Either you are fabulously naive, or you just do not understand US foreign policy. If you are our friend, we like you and work with you, regardless of your ethics or human rights record. One need only look as far as Bharain, or Saudi Arabia. If you do not play nice, we come after you. Victor Bout, Noriega, Saddam, and on and on. All friends of the US at one point, while they were useful and cooperative. Foreign policy of an empire on the wane.

stating that the source is not credible is speculating on whether he might have one or not in my book, but i guess we're reading from different books.

so, as you were.

whatever makes you happy

the important thing is you're no longer confused

Let's say he doesn't have a visa. That puts the US government in a sticky situation. If they report no he doesn't have a visa, that disrespects Sister's government. So I bet they would say nothing. Either way.

If he dosen't they will say a lot if he tries to enter the country.

so, as you were.

enough you two

Beam me up Scotty.

post-46292-0-77321600-1341593501_thumb.j

FLICK U

That passport picture doesn't look right.

I couldn't even figure out what country it was from. He has three of them that I know of. The stamp was useless to. Do you think maybe being a clone he is starting to be like his clone sister. Never pass up a opportunity for a photo op?

Seems strange the American autjorities let a criminal on the run into USA while Julian Assange is being hounded for telling the honest truth

Either you are fabulously naive, or you just do not understand US foreign policy. If you are our friend, we like you and work with you, regardless of your ethics or human rights record. One need only look as far as Bharain, or Saudi Arabia. If you do not play nice, we come after you. Victor Bout, Noriega, Saddam, and on and on. All friends of the US at one point, while they were useful and cooperative. Foreign policy of an empire on the wane.

With a little help from your friends i hasten to add ;-)

Let's say he doesn't have a visa. That puts the US government in a sticky situation. If they report no he doesn't have a visa, that disrespects Sister's government. So I bet they would say nothing. Either way.

If he dosen't they will say a lot if he tries to enter the country.

My point was meant to suggest the possibility there is no visa and the announcement of the visa is just to make Thaksin look more internationally acceptable as a message to the domestic Thai audience. So if that's the case they can say he has a visa and I think the US won't say anything to confirm or deny. That's just being diplomatic. Edited by Jingthing

.enough you two

Beam me up Scotty.

I most certainly will not beam you up! I have, however, deleted some posts with profanity and all caps as well as replies.

Now your stuck here far from the Mother Ship, but please stay on topic.

• Like 1