Would You Take Your Children To Pattaya For A Family Holiday?

coolhandjoe

Would you take your children to Pattaya for a family holiday?Let's be honest now....  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can remember 20 years ago when my wife and I were in Bangkok for a few days (we were tourists then) and needed a break from Bangkok and we decided to look for a place on the sea for just a few days with our 5 year old daughter. The travel agency back then advised us not to go to Pattaya. Now that I have lived here I feel Pattaya would be fine with a family if one could afford to stay at one of the 5 star hotels that are not close to Walking Street and all the soi bars. There are plenty of things to do here with kids as the replies have suggested. Just because you have a kid in Pattaya doesn't mean that you have to take a stroll down walking street. True, the sea isn't great to swim in, but if you are staying at the Dusit, Holiday Inn, or Sheraton Hotel...there are pools that overlook the sea. Like I said Pattaya IS a choice if one doesn't have the time to fly to Phuket (which is more expensive) or Krabi.

• Like 1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We took my 12 year old son to Pattaya for a week. Stayed at a comfortable hotel in North Pattaya - great swimming pool, almost empty hotel (it was July). He had a great time - fed the crocs, rode an elephant, got to parasail twice on Pattaya Bay. We had a day at the water park (the one with the slides that need a proctologist to find your bathers after you've whooshed into the pool).

He did Walking Street with us. My Thai wife and her sister with us; but was more interested in finding a drum to take home than looking at the bar girls - we found a good one. Go early before the drunks start making fools of themselves.

Needless to say we didn't do the Girlie Bar scene, but we all enjoyed ourselves.

Pattaya? Great town - just take what you want from it and leave the rest.

We took my 12 year old son to Pattaya for a week. Stayed at a comfortable hotel in North Pattaya - great swimming pool, almost empty hotel (it was July). He had a great time - fed the crocs, rode an elephant, got to parasail twice on Pattaya Bay. We had a day at the water park (the one with the slides that need a proctologist to find your bathers after you've whooshed into the pool).

He did Walking Street with us. My Thai wife and her sister with us; but was more interested in finding a drum to take home than looking at the bar girls - we found a good one. Go early before the drunks start making fools of themselves.

Needless to say we didn't do the Girlie Bar scene, but we all enjoyed ourselves.

Pattaya? Great town - just take what you want from it and leave the rest.

I'm sure johnny came away with some great memories that he will cherish for years to come, and someday return to fulfill them!

Edited by jacktrip
  • Like 1

My 12 year old loves Pattaya. He gets to do things not allowed in Oz like travelling on the back of a baht bus, shopping for affordable software, go karting and some of the other things in sotsira's list.

He also comes home realising things are not so bad at home, as some people have it worse than him.

• Like 1

Lol, Nice to know they cater for dogs in Pattaya as opposed to catering them as they do in most of Thailand.

Although a Thai will never admit this to a farang.

Back on topic, No i wouldn't even take my dog to the dump and he's part of the family.

• Like 1

Lol, Nice to know they cater for dogs in Pattaya as opposed to catering them as they do in most of Thailand.

Back on topic, No i wouldn't even take my dog to the dump and he's part of the family.

Lassie come home !and don't go walkabout in Asia

On Topic- Nice to see some positive advice on this thread, however i still sharn't be taking my kids or pets there.

Peace to all.

Bought our son to Patts back in the 80s and our Grandaughter 2 years ago.

Didn't go to walking street after hours but still had normal 'fun' at the Fishing places , Golf , etc.

I personally still look at Pattaya as a sex tourist area , but that part of it has no interest to me & my wife and we still have a ball there when we are there.

There are sex worker areas in every City I have been to and been to plenty when I am on assigmnment , the only thing that gets under my skin is the 'Kiddy Fiddlers' I see sometimes in Pattaya . But I saw much more of it in Cambodia.

Don't personally think Pattaya will ever becom a 'Family Destination' per se but if you are sensible it is OK.

Nearly every trip back to Thailand we will try and fit in a week or so in Patters. Our Daughter is nearly and there is so much more to keep her occupied than anywhere else. Croc Farm, Nong Nooch, Water park, Underwater World (or park) etc. Lots of child friendly hotels and restaurants etc. We love it and will carry on going.

Well I'm not quite sure what one Russian family was thinking when they all walked into the number-one-a-gogo in Jomtien last

week. They had a 13 year old boy with them. He just seemed to be embarrassed. Didi they think he would enjoy the popcorn?

Families eh?

Well I'm not quite sure what one Russian family was thinking when they all walked into the number-one-a-gogo in Jomtien last

week. They had a 13 year old boy with them. He just seemed to be embarrassed. Didi they think he would enjoy the popcorn?

Families eh?

Have to wonder why the door staff let a 13 year old even enter.

I've seen some crazy stuff over the last few years. Like muslim women in full clad veils and burkas(they do know this is a drinking town, right?ermm.gif ). Russian kids walking down soi 6. It's just insane. So many seriously uniformed people are coming here it's not even funny.

Didn't go to walking street after hours but still had normal 'fun' at the Fishing places , Golf , etc.

I personally still look at Pattaya as a sex tourist area , but that part of it has no interest to me & my wife and we still have a ball there when we are there.

There are sex worker areas in every City I have been to and been to plenty when I am on assigmnment , the only thing that gets under my skin is the 'Kiddy Fiddlers' I see sometimes in Pattaya . But I saw much more of it in Cambodia.

Don't personally think Pattaya will ever becom a 'Family Destination' per se but if you are sensible it is OK.

A sensible post in this thread.wai.gif
  • Like 1

I've seen some crazy stuff over the last few years. Like muslim women in full clad veils and burkas(they do know this is a drinking town, right?ermm.gif ). Russian kids walking down soi 6. It's just insane. So many seriously uniformed people are coming here it's not even funny. [sC: My and my underlining]

How can you say that's not funny? I suppose it depends on your sense of humour. Though I smiled at the visions of petticoats turned up by the word under-lining...

SC

Where is the best place in Thailand for a family holiday?

During the 4 years my family and I lived quite happily in Pattaya we enjoyed our get aways to Koh Chang. I would recommend the island to any family with the provision that you really do need your own car to get the best from the place.

It would be foolish to say it's the best place for a family holiday but from our experiences there were few things we could fault.

So how did you know they are kiddy fiddlers?

You do know there are loads of farangs married to local girls with small children, don't you?

I never saw anyone in Pattaya that was being inappropriate with small children ( in public ), and I lived there for a long time.

• 1 month later...

So how did you know they are kiddy fiddlers?

You do know there are loads of farangs married to local girls with small children, don't you?

I never saw anyone in Pattaya that was being inappropriate with small children ( in public ), and I lived there for a long time.

]When the question of "would you take your children to Pattaya for a family holiday?" turns to talk of kiddy fiddlers then i believe the answer is a resounding NO!
  • Like 1

Ha ha for somebody who has made it obvious he detests Pattaya and takes every opportunity to bad mouth it, you spend a lot of time on the Pattaya forum!! I wonder why that is?

Ha ha for somebody who has made it obvious he detests Pattaya and takes every opportunity to bad mouth it, you spend a lot of time on the Pattaya forum!! I wonder why that is?

This thread began in General Topics but was moved here, probally to curry favour with the Pattaya stalwarts as is the re-introduction of the poll which incidently was removed on day one otherwise it would read - 568 No's 5 Yes's.
  • Like 1

This thread began in General Topics but was moved here, probally to curry favour with the Pattaya stalwarts as is the re-introduction of the poll which incidently was removed on day one otherwise it would read - 568 No's 5 Yes's.

coffee1.gif

At the risk of being sent on enforced holiday again! I have to say ........+1

So the opinions from those of us that live with our families in Pattaya shouldn't count?

So the opinions from those of us that live with our families in Pattaya shouldn't count?

Right on. Many of my friends live in Pattaya with their families. If you don't like Pattaya Central, don't go! Easy.

Of cource everyones opinion counts!

Especially those that live in Pattaya with their family.

However much a minority you are.

At the end of the day you have to consider the best possible enviroment for your family.

The majority on here have chosen eleswhere!

Right on. Many of my friends live in Pattaya with their families. If you don't like Pattaya Central, don't go! Easy.

At the end of the day you have to consider the best possible enviroment for your family.

Minority? I bet there are more foreigners with children either living or visiting pattaya than any other city in Thailand sans Bangkok.

• Like 1

Minority? I bet there are more foreigners with children either living or visiting pattaya than any other city in Thailand sans Bangkok.

Russians?Arabian? Chinese? Certainly not western Europe, Americas and Australasia. Edited by coolhandjoe