Briton Held Over Vicious Attack On Teacher Adam Pickles In Thailand

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It the report in the link is correct, and this guy guilty - then I hope he gets a long custodial sentence, then deported. Maybe Mr. Pickles or his family can also bring a civil suit for damages too.

Deported??? <Snip!> no!!! Let him get a proper sentence in Thailand and serve it at the Bangkok Hilton!!!

Edited by metisdead

This guy is a sick person, .....

No, just a typical farang thug. Thailand is full of them since Spain cleaned up its act (aka brought in extradition) some years ago.

Most of them get involved in dubious practices like brothel bar ownership, property development, guest-houses, uninsured car rentals, visa scams, ATM thefts etc. And any other jobs that require neither brains nor qualifications nor morals.

Do me a favour, stop over dramatising things.

A 'typical' farang thug does not go around removing half of somebodys skull just because they grazed their precious motor.

Get a grip, you embarrassment.

Really, tell me why millionaire gangster Kenneth Noye knifed and killed a bloke for all to see and now spends his days in prison when he had everything ?

A 'typical' farang thug does not go around removing half of somebodys skull just because they grazed their precious motor.

Apparently you know a better class of thug.

Yes, I do. Ones that don't go around removing half of somebodys skull because they dented their car.

This guy is a sick person, .....

No, just a typical farang thug. Thailand is full of them since Spain cleaned up its act (aka brought in extradition) some years ago.

Most of them get involved in dubious practices like brothel bar ownership, property development, guest-houses, uninsured car rentals, visa scams, ATM thefts etc. And any other jobs that require neither brains nor qualifications nor morals.

Really, tell me why millionaire gangster Kenneth Noye knifed and killed a bloke for all to see and now spends his days in prison when he had everything ?

Ha ha, ok I'm not going to pretend you have raised a good point there. I know about Noye and he must spend every day regretting that one act of madness that cost him everything.

However, my point still stands, removing half of somebodys skull is NOT 'typical' of a thug is it? Thankfully this type of thing is an isolated incident, unless you are going to argue that this type of thing happens in Pattaya every week?

booze and bravado probably kicked this off...bet this bloke crapped his pants when he caved the poor fellas skull in!

I was thinking the same. Only a true hardened criminal/thug wouldn't have this on his conscience. This fella has no track record of violence just a chancer knocking out dodgy visas. Very sad stroy.

He is well connected with Pattaya police and immigrations so he will get bail for sure and then run. He has also 'helped' MANY people leave Thailand that needed to get out quick.......

There is no way he will get bail, the rich business people and top police around pattaya send their children to Regents. This is big new to the students there who inform their parents. Someone running a visa shop will not have connections to trump this. This case will go through the proper channels of justice, hitting him was essentially the same as hitting one of the elites. Had this happened to some other person, I would agree with your comment.

Also how do you know he helped other people get out of thialand quick? If this is true those same people would have told him it was ok for him to return, so why did these same people not shield him from arrest?

Edited by marinediscoking

It pains me when I read about scum such as this coming to Thailand.

One of the things I don't miss about England (my home country) is the abundance of this type of aggresive yet cowardly no hoper.

You usually find that without their group of mates or the use of a weapon, they are nothing.

This waster is obviously pretty thick too for returning after a matter of weeks.

Completely agree : "One of the things I don't miss about England (my home country) is the abundance of this type of aggresive yet cowardly no hoper."

• Like 1

I know his kind all to well had similar experience but lucky for me was up to black belt in Tae Kwon Do twice so I was ready for him then I saw his daughter bout 5 years old sitting in the car with the fear of God on her face so I let it go, what kind of a person would subject a child to that carry on. I would love a few rounds with that ass-hole I'm only 5-8 I detest bullies like him he needs a good taste of his own medicine. Best wishes to Adam and his family I pray he will make a full recovery. As for that ass-hole I hope they put him in a prison where they kick the crap out of him everyday for the next ten years.

Because Cameron was 'working' for Noye and knocked him on the money. The problem wasn't what Noye did but what Cameron's girlfriend did as her dad was VERY connected and she should of known better then to talk to the police.

Also how do you know he helped other people get out of thialand quick? If this is true those same people would have told him it was ok for him to return, so why did these same people not shield him from arrest?

I knew him for a number of years and I know of at least 2 that were helped out. How can border immigration police help him with a Pattaya problem?

One of the things I don't miss about England (my home country) is the abundance of this type of aggresive yet cowardly no hoper.

You usually find that without their group of mates or the use of a weapon, they are nothing.

This waster is obviously pretty thick too for returning after a matter of weeks.

Completely agree : "One of the things I don't miss about England (my home country) is the abundance of this type of aggresive yet cowardly no hoper."

Sad but true. One reason I left the UK in 1994. I lost a lot of money through repeated break-ins to my businesses by these type of thugs and petty thieves. When we did catch one of them he was fined 11 pounds payable 2 pounds a week out of his dole money (his social security benefits were then increased to cover the cost!).

lots of theories and conspiracy's here from the hang 'em high brigade

talk about being hung out to dry by the media.........

was anyone actually there (or on here) to witness the accused stoving in the victims head with a wheel brace?

He is well connected with Pattaya police and immigrations so he will get bail for sure and then run. He has also 'helped' MANY people leave Thailand that needed to get out quick.......

There is no way he will get bail, the rich business people and top police around pattaya send their children to Regents. This is big new to the students there who inform their parents. Someone running a visa shop will not have connections to trump this. This case will go through the proper channels of justice, hitting him was essentially the same as hitting one of the elites. Had this happened to some other person, I would agree with your comment.

You are correct.

Adam was one of my kids teachers at the Regent's last year and he was very well liked.

As this school depends on continuous recruiting of overseas teachers, this incident has massive effect on their ability to attract candidates.

It has gone up the chain to the minister for Education and the ministry of Justice - so I think there will be little that the local police can do to stop the process or allow him to buy his way out

At least you would hope so.

Crobe

was anyone actually there (or on here) to witness the accused stoving in the victims head with a wheel brace?

Right. He probably just tripped and fell onto the wheel brace whilst getting out of his car to ask the nice man the way to the beach.

• Like 1

Right. He probably just tripped and fell onto the wheel brace whilst getting out of his car to ask the nice man the way to the beach.

Noooooooo, he had the wheel brace clenched between his teeth in case he had a puncture. thumbsup.gif
  • Like 1

Adam was one of my kids teachers at the Regent's last year and he was very well liked.

As this school depends on continuous recruiting of overseas teachers, this incident has massive effect on their ability to attract candidates.

It has gone up the chain to the minister for Education and the ministry of Justice - so I think there will be little that the local police can do to stop the process or allow him to buy his way out

At least you would hope so.

Crobe

Crobe I hope you are right this is on e person I would love to finally feel the force of justice. My thoughts to the Pickles family

If he does make bail just look for a old short fat bald man running as fast as he can for the Thai/Malay border....

Para

Edited by Para

Hopefully, this coward punk does not have the cash to pay off the toy police. If he does not, he will spend a lot of time in prison. All we can do is hope that many of the local Thai prison "mates" will take a shine to him, and ask him to be their "girlfriend". Let's see how tough he is when he is getting brutalized in the local prison.

i would have thought it would take more than a cctv footage af somebody re-enacting hitting somebody, thats not going to stand up in any court, it needs cctv footage of him actually doing the crime i would have thought. Unless theres more evidence i would think he will walk free, he could quite easily say he was re-enacting some thing from tv or what ever.

i want to see him hung out to dry as much as anybody else but cant see how.

As for the school i would imagine they just want it all finished, it was after all centered around a bar that speialises in a certain service and their head of English was in there if only looking for the owner of the car.

its as good a theory as any other on here

its just that without a witness, a theory........

Noooooooo, he had the wheel brace clenched between his teeth in case he had a puncture. thumbsup.gif

another possible theory based on assumptions & speculation

could have happened that way

so its a possibility and you weren't there so you don't know

Loosen up chum, it was a minor jest. rolleyes.gif

Loosen up chum, it was a minor jest. rolleyes.gif

you are right, it was a minor jest.....

i would have thought it would take more than a cctv footage af somebody re-enacting hitting somebody, thats not going to stand up in any court, it needs cctv footage of him actually doing the crime i would have thought. Unless theres more evidence i would think he will walk free, he could quite easily say he was re-enacting some thing from tv or what ever.

As for the school i would imagine they just want it all finished, it was after all centered around a bar that speialises in a certain service and their head of English was in there if only looking for the owner of the car.

I think it depends on the other witnesses and what they had to say, plus the medical report on the injury - also Adams version of the incident if he can remember.

A lot of the bars around that area are local open-to-the street-bars, and not there just for the services you are alluding to, and by the accounts I have Adam was there playing pool as he does often.

this from a website describing the bars...

Starlight Bar

Drinking bar. Beers start at 29 baht for a small Leo up to 75 for a large Heineken. There's a food menu including a cooked breakfast

Crobe

Adam was not in that bar, he just had parked opposite

Lets be clear there are witnesses, it may have taken some time and encouragement (!) for them to come forward but they have now. Adam's doctor stated that the blow was with enough force to kill him. This has been international news ever since the attack so I truly hope it will be a cold day in Hell before this animal walks free. Bear in mind that people in the U.K. have got this before the Foreign Minister and the Prime Minister. There have been fund raising events in Pattaya and the U.K. to try and cover Adam's hospital and repatriation bills, his parents are now having to remortgage their house and spend their life savings to pay for his treatment. Please do not be negative Adam needs positive vibes if you had ever met him you would know how the man led his life always for others and comments regarding him frequenting certain types of bars are deeply offensive and I pray that his parents are not subjected to the torture of seeing such comments when their son lies in a Leeds hospital still fighting for his life.

I'm new to this forum, have just read through this thread & your post is the best, the nicest & the most accurate thing on here.