Phewwwwwwww Im Sticking To The Farming Forum

What is it about farming that makes you guys so good natured?

Thinking about becoming a farmer, it's not hard work is it?

cowboy.gif

Well as opposed to DIY I use GSTDI (Get Someone To Do It)

Sent by my cat app

Edited by Mosha

My mom enjoys gardening and so did my grandfather, I suppose I do too in the rare times I can slow down enough to do some.

I think the work gets the endorphins going and lets the stress out, plus there's some satisfaction in accomplishing something.

Stop the world I want to get off and become a farmer!

Seriously you guys are inspirational, thanks!

thumbsup.gif

What is it about farming that makes you guys so good natured?

Thinking about becoming a farmer, it's not hard work is it?

cowboy.gif

No, nothing is considered hard work, if your enjoying yourself, having fun, or having a laugh, have enough to eat/drink and have shelter for you and yours. Disagreement may come from the hired help, the kids, etc. But having worked on farms as a grandson/son /hired help, then farming myself, and finally, trying to direct and be successful in Thai farming, I am inclined to think hard work is in a very individuals perception.

• Like 2

Now Mr pigeonjake ... was that a hand on the heart, cap in hand ... "I'll never stray again"?

Or a hand on heart, fingers crossed behind your back ... "I'll never stray again"?

Because rumours have it that ...

But we never want to believe in silly rumours do we!

• Like 2

Just a heads guys to friends of pigeonjake ... I received word this morning that he is currently flat out and won't be able to post for a few days.

Should be back in action some time this coming week-end ... thumbsup.gif

Another boring night, raining, but cool. All have gone to bed early and I having little to do have been on the other forum giving out a few words of wisdom to the, I know everything set, Plus responding to a few Nigerian scam mails. Not really a hobby, but I get a laugh sometimes. JIm

Another boring night, raining, but cool. All have gone to bed early and I having little to do have been on the other forum giving out a few words of wisdom to the, I know everything set, Plus responding to a few Nigerian scam mails. Not really a hobby, but I get a laugh sometimes. JIm

419eaters.com has some hilarious tails Jim. Careful, I was laughing so hard at one I couldn't breathe.

I am not a farmer, but I enjoy reading here, there is also another good little group, the DIY builders on this forum, no political wanna bee in their either.

AGREED! ... One of my favourites also.

I'm constantly surprised with what some of the guys build with so little money.

Just a heads guys to friends of pigeonjake ... I received word this morning that he is currently flat out and won't be able to post for a few days.

Should be back in action some time this coming week-end ... thumbsup.gif

I sometimes pop into the Teaching forum as I am toying with retiring to Thailand early & putting the kids in an International school to finish their education.

I can't believe the attitudes & comments over there, couldn't stop myself from making a couple of posts.

I have a feeling I will be receiving a suspension of my own any moment now.

The thing is on the rare occasion things get a little silly on the farming forum, I always want things to sort themselves out and never feel the lack of respect I feel towards members on other forums.

It may just be me as I was always better at working & had more respect for the men who passed on their skills to me than I had for my teachers at school.

Edited by Mark1971

• 4 weeks later...
not going to leave farming again, its a jungle out there,

wea are freindly here and try and help each other,

ill never stray again,,lol

jake

Ah Jake ... once you have tasted the sting of the General Forum ... it never leaves you ... biggrin.png

For those a little less travelled ... HERE

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwub.png

you got me there david,

i must admit i do like having a bit of craic, i just stay away from the ones that i feel will get me into trouble,,

so if i see a bad post, im going to start one that contadics it, possitive thinking, i dont want another week off,,sad.png

but thank you david for keeping me on the right path,,

jake

^^ ... mate you are well respected by the boys (I know that for a fact) because of your straight talking style (and refusal to use a spell checker tongue.png ).

But, being an Aussie ... I couldn't resist a small stir!

EDIT ... can't speak for the Mods though ... but I'm sure they are amused ... biggrin.png

Lifes to short, not to have a wee bit of fun along the journey.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...