TrueVisions Launched 17 HD Channels, Blocked Pirate Users Overnight

webfact

I can't notice any quality change on the regular channels, so I guess they lowered their bitrate while swapping to MP4, to give space to the new HD channels, which look great & numerous.

I wonder what happens for customers who were paying 300b / month to get the 3 HD channels prior the upgrade ?

Now, I'd just need to have the subtitles option to choose between English / Thai / Both / Off to be actually working, instead of having forced Thai subtitles all the time, and everything would be alright ! smile.png

1 last annoying thing though : the oversized & often overcrowding logos ; on some channels, they even adds permanent ads, which can be quite annoying over the time... sick.gif

I was paying 270 a month I think (wife is the accountant) and I am of the understanding that I will get the additional channels for 6 months

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fact of the matter is there will be far more complaints from legit true customers over this change of equipment than from those using "pirate" boxes. Those legit true customers don't have much choice but to pay more money to get their pictures back while those with "pirate" boxes just pointed their dish to another sat feed last night when TRUE went offline. TRUE is the only game in town for the legit customers... but there are tons of sats up there with HD channels and sports if you know how to view them.

• Like 2

I was incandescent last evening when True Non-Visions decided to blank out the final stages of the Scottish Open golf tournament at 2300. My excitement had been building over the previous two hours when the result was more and more in doubt and it was becoming a very much nip and tuck affair. At the end of the month my box goes back, with the unpaid monthly invoice, and if they cock up the showing of The Open this week I shall be taking a 4 lb hammer to it before handing it in. Enough is enough.

Anybody advising me that I need a course in anger management can stick his advice where the sun doesn't shine.

I'm sure I saw an email apologizing for this being about to happen and advising of their website where it could be followed ...

• Like 1

The fact that the OP article here indicates TrueVisions is sold out of the new (and now required) HD boxes in some areas and there's a one month wait pretty much tells you how screwed up TrueVisions is as a company and service. TrueVisions customer service at its best! tongue.png

Man these True Vision people really have a monopoly going for us suckers, run less expensive packages, till you are totally bored with the programs, then upgrade, good for about a week, then, same old crap, bored with re-runs, then go all the way to Platinum package, and then they do this upgrade, now you have to go get the new HD box for a price, everything they do cost frigging money, soon you'll be paying 5,000 baht a month to watch re-runs, <SNIP!> I wish the was another satellite set up that was better then this , on line set ups are about as reliable as the internet, goes off half the time, along with computer, so TV would be out for sure.

sad.png

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity removed.
  • Like 1

fact of the matter is there will be far more complaints from legit true customers over this change of equipment than from those using "pirate" boxes. Those legit true customers don't have much choice but to pay more money to get their pictures back while those with "pirate" boxes just pointed their dish to another sat feed last night when TRUE went offline. TRUE is the only game in town for the legit customers... but there are tons of sats up there with HD channels and sports if you know how to view them.

Then pick one bootlegger, The 17 hd channels now make true the only game in town, The concert channel is great in surround sound thanks true for making my life complete. Edited by maeab
  • Like 1

The fact that the OP article here indicates TrueVisions is sold out of the new (and now required) HD boxes in some areas and there's a one month wait pretty much tells you how screwed up TrueVisions is as a company and service. TrueVisions customer service at its best! tongue.png

yes.. so now you have all these potential or even worse current TRUE customers that will have a month to figure out a better option to watching TV since TRUE can't even handle the load. And this is helping to boost their reviews how exactly? Ohh yeah.. they get to sell a boat load of new equipment to their loyal customers.

How does that work?

Then pick one bootlegger, The hd channels now make true the only game in town, The concert channel is great in surround sound thanks true for making my life complete.

you are funny man Mr sucker. I get everything I want to watch or hear via the internet in much higher quality and on demand waiting for me to press the button on my media tank plugged into my system via HDMI cable. While you are scheduling your life around the crappy programming that you pay far too much for, my TV is downloading the shows I like to watch as they air and in perfect HD quality. And this costs me nothing more than the net connection I would have anyways. I have been doing this for years and you have had old re run HD channels for how long now.... 2 hours... LOL.. have fun with that mate... there are far better options and always have been. Why would you be happy about watching any movie on TRUE considering they are all edited for the Thai censors? You can have you TV download the movie in perfect HD many times before it's even been released on BLUERAY and light years before TRUE edits and re broadcasts it....

• Like 1

Then pick one bootlegger, The 17 hd channels now make true the only game in town, The concert channel is great in surround sound thanks true for making my life complete.

I agree. Excellent!

I live in Vientiane, Laos and along with many expats here have had Thai Visions for several years through a local dealer, for which we have paid the full rate identical to what people pay in Thailand.

Now True Visions have upgraded their signal to HDTV and installed software to prevent people pirating their signal. I suspected that was what our 'agent' was doing since I couldn't take the a la carte BBC Entertainment option and emailing True Visions in Bangkok produced the response: "We have no agent in Vientiane."

Now we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

Listen to the radio....

And dont deal with pirats next time. No mercy.... Som nam naa.....

Then pick one bootlegger, The 17 hd channels now make true the only game in town, The concert channel is great in surround sound thanks true for making my life complete.

The 800 pound guerrilla named TrueVisions has justed increased in size to 1000 pounds; now, the other baby guerrilla cable/satellite TV providers will have an even harder time competing.

I am on Koh Samui have the new HD+ box can I get it working have unplugged it taken out card taken out tv aerial at least twice keep getting error 16 plus faint message underneath saying box is rebooting driving me mad true line busy cannot get thru !!!!!! I have a satellite and not cable but thya should not matter !!!!! HELP !!!!!!

I left our box on all night and this morning it is working fine.

JUST LET IT FINISH it's reboot cycle.

Well American football fans are now happy with ESPN returning, but being English I would like to see some cricket. I suspect that the Australians, NewZealanders and some other nationals would like it too.

There is enough sports channels showing a lot of sports that are no way near as popular as cricket. I would even upgrade my subscription to see this sport especially the T20 and one day games.

Any support for this.

Edited by Pormax
  • Like 2

If all they've done to stop the pirates is tie the smart card to the original True box then there deffo is a way for the pirates to circumnavigate this. Here in Europe companies have been doing the same for a long time now and yet c$ is rife with ALL channels are available. If that way is your choice them I'm sure within a handful of weeks you will be able to 'subscribe' again. Not that I condone it in ANYWAY

No matter what they do someone will figure out a way to crack the system and make some money.

I'll give it less than two week's.

From what I understood they switch to NDS encryption system and I am sorry to say, it will not be "cracked" in the following two weeks. As an old "pirate" for many different system back in Sweden I programmed my own smartcards for many years. When one of the distributors switched to NDS that was all over, this was now 4½ years ago and it is still not cracked. The rest followed and now the 2 largets for sat and the terrestial DVB broadcasters only have paying customers.

So Jayman, share the joy, what are the ingredients & method ?

I'm happy to share all the info.. I don't sell or produce and illegal anything and take serious offense to being accused of such activity.. unfortunately this is not the place to discuss such thing and I don't run any sort of forum or store that sells such info. Use google... it's all out there but might not suit the technically challenged whos life become completed having HD concerts of Tata Young to watch.

I agree 1,000,000% with Jayman. Watch what you want in full hd and 5.1 sound.

How jdownloader,rapidshare premium account and www.bolt.cd

have fun

I guess that the keyword is "torrent"...

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV. Stuff that TRUE would never carry nor any of these other asian sats. It really all depends what you want to watch. I don't watch sports as it does nothing for me to see men running around playing grab ass.

What do you want to watch today?

http://eztv.it/

http://www.bt-chat.com/

http://www.seventorrents.com/

oh cool.. just noticed that Breaking bad season just started Sunday night in US and now the new episode in HD has already been downloaded and is waiting for me to press play. And Weeds... who doesn't like weeds?

Edited by Jayman

Well American football fans are now happy with ESPN returning, but being English I would like to see some cricket. I suspect that the Australians, NewZealanders and some other nationals would like it too.

There is enough sports channels showing a lot of sports that are no way near as popular as cricket. I would even upgrade my subscription to see this sport especially the T20 and one day games.

Any support for this.

I'm American and would be happy to have more Cricket.

I played Cricket in USA in the 60's-70. It's not a total wasteland there.

• Like 1

has anyone else noticed that the audio and video are out of sync on a number of the HD channels?

This isn't just today - it's been like it for a few weeks.

I think that is one of the reasons for the total reset of the system for 10 hours.

There bandwidth was not up to the HD throughput.

I live in Vientiane, Laos and along with many expats here have had Thai Visions for several years through a local dealer, for which we have paid the full rate identical to what people pay in Thailand.

Now True Visions have upgraded their signal to HDTV and installed software to prevent people pirating their signal. I suspected that was what our 'agent' was doing since I couldn't take the a la carte BBC Entertainment option and emailing True Visions in Bangkok produced the response: "We have no agent in Vientiane."

No we have no TV. What to do?

Philip

I am sure the same agent will be able to supply you an 'imported' box and card pairing.

I am in cambodia in a few days and I bet the bars there will be howling for boxes. I bet someone could make a nice little earner out of being first in line with 100 UBC HD boxes and HD paired cards. Some of those sports bars need the feed to keep trade alive.

Even if they had the boxes they would not work. The new encryption will not allow it....They can always watch pirated dvds.

I guess that the keyword is "torrent"...

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV. Stuff that TRUE would never carry nor any of these other asian sats. It really all depends what you want to watch. I don't watch sports as it does nothing for me to see men running around playing grab ass.

What do you want to watch today?

http://eztv.it/

http://www.bt-chat.com/

http://www.seventorrents.com/

oh cool.. just noticed that Breaking bad season just started Sunday night in US and now the new episode in HD has already been downloaded and is waiting for me to press play. And Weeds... who doesn't like weeds?

I couldn´t agree more, I havn't watch TV the old-fashioned way since -04 when I started to work in a HTPC team with multiple receivers, large HDDs to record/time-shift. Since I moved to LOS I also gave up that and only DL what I want to see and when I want to see it. But I guess if you are a sports fanatic you´re stick to use some kind of reciever ´cause you want to see it live :)