TrueVisions Launched 17 HD Channels, Blocked Pirate Users Overnight

webfact

http://www.thaiexpat.tv

I just downloaded the 2 days free trial and I must say the streaming is flawless and high quality. love4.gif

It is a new company (7 weeks young) with now 8 British channels and they say they are expanding to also US channels.

If they play their cards wright, they could out do TrueVision very soon, with all English, US, Dutch and other English spreaking farangs. violent1.gif

You can do it by software/computer (Sorry Mac users, Windows ONLY) only or buy their box. crybaby2.gif

I now have the 2 day free trial on my laptop which is connect to my 42" flatscreen TV. love4.gif

Some problems I encountered (software ONLY based):

Software crashed/crashed many times, but as I am writing this it now works flawless for about 60 minutes (looking Alien 1,Sigorny Weaver)

Since the software runs on my laptop and the software is NOT in a window, but uses fullscreen, you MUST set the dualscreen settings to KLOON.

The problem with that is the screenresolutions, that will not give a correct resolution to look at the programs.

Of course if you just look on your desktop/laptop (small screen) you do not have that problem.

When the software crashes the EXIT button also does not work, which means the only way to get out of the software it to restart your laptop.

Sometimes the sound is out of sync for a few seconds (5-20) and then does a catch-up and is back in sync again.

If in time they will get the software in a window, idea1.gif so the screen resolution will be the wright size I will signup for the max of 2 years (10500 Bath), just to support them and they have nice programming. Also with delay watching, 6 and 18 hours delay, so you can watch what was on TV yesterday. thumbsup.gif

To be continued.

Hi Ron,

Just to clear up your findings & address all of your points.

Firstly thank you for this insightful feedback on our software system. We will certainly take note of all of your observations. We actually have another software player currently under development, which will resolve many of the issues you have brought forward.

However, our software player is specifically designed for use on a standard desktop/laptop screen and not really for built for hooking up to large 30"++ screens via HDMI/VGA connections in all fairness. Its the cheaper option for those not wanting to invest in our STB, or as a secondary method of receiving our service while at the office or out on the road within Thailand.

Our stand alone set top box takes care of all of the issues you mentioned, and with a remote control, is by far the best way to view our service in high quality.

A possible fix for your issues are as follows:

• First you must clone the screen. Then set the resolution.

• Windows 7: Right Click on Desktop > Screen Resolution > Duplicate these displays

• Then start our software. If you try in another order it will probably crash, as we say, the software player is NOT meant to be used in this manner, although it is possible.

If you have any further questions. Please email us [email protected] or call 02 105 5724 we are always very happy to help.

Best regards,

Admin

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MPEG4 only results in a better picture quality if the correct bit-rate is used - if a low bit-rate is employed (to stuff more channels in the same space), then you still get poor quality. So it really means that we have to wait and see what they have done in order to add the extra channels - just about to go and take a look (its nearly 10am).

As the extra channels are all HD, they do require quite a bit of extra bandwidth.

The comment that pirate reception has been blocked is pretty silly - they missed adding "for now"...

if they have paired the viewing card with the box then they have effectively adopted the system as skytv in the UK and pirate screens will stay blank

I just downloaded the 2 days free trial and I must say the streaming is flawless and high quality. love4.gif

It is a new company (7 weeks young) with now 8 British channels and they say they are expanding to also US channels.

If they play their cards wright, they could out do TrueVision very soon, with all English, US, Dutch and other English spreaking farangs. violent1.gif

You can do it by software/computer (Sorry Mac users, Windows ONLY) only or buy their box. crybaby2.gif

I now have the 2 day free trial on my laptop which is connect to my 42" flatscreen TV. love4.gif

Software crashed/crashed many times, but as I am writing this it now works flawless for about 60 minutes (looking Alien 1,Sigorny Weaver)

Since the software runs on my laptop and the software is NOT in a window, but uses fullscreen, you MUST set the dualscreen settings to KLOON.

The problem with that is the screenresolutions, that will not give a correct resolution to look at the programs.

Of course if you just look on your desktop/laptop (small screen) you do not have that problem.

When the software crashes the EXIT button also does not work, which means the only way to get out of the software it to restart your laptop.

Sometimes the sound is out of sync for a few seconds (5-20) and then does a catch-up and is back in sync again.

If in time they will get the software in a window, idea1.gif so the screen resolution will be the wright size I will signup for the max of 2 years (10500 Bath), just to support them and they have nice programming. Also with delay watching, 6 and 18 hours delay, so you can watch what was on TV yesterday. thumbsup.gif

To be continued.

Hi Ron,

Firstly thank you for this insightful feedback on our software system. We will certainly take note of all of your observations. We actually have another software player currently under development, which will resolve many of the issues you have brought forward.

However, our software player is specifically designed for use on a standard desktop/laptop screen and not really for built for hooking up to large 30"++ screens via HDMI/VGA connections in all fairness. Its the cheaper option for those not wanting to invest in our STB, or as a secondary method of receiving our service while at the office or out on the road within Thailand.

Our stand alone set top box takes care of all of the issues you mentioned, and with a remote control, is by far the best way to view our service in high quality.

• Windows 7: Right Click on Desktop > Screen Resolution > Duplicate these displays

• Then start our software. If you try in another order it will probably crash, as we say, the software player is NOT meant to be used in this manner, although it is possible.

If you have any further questions. Please email us [email protected] or call 02 105 5724 we are always very happy to help.

Best regards,

Admin

Is this legal ? do you have the rights to screen these channels in Thailand ?

Just asking

To be continued.

Hi Ron,

Best regards,

Admin

Is this legal ? do you have the rights to screen these channels in Thailand ?

Just asking

Hi Smedly,

The legallity related questions surrounding our service have been answered several times already in this forum. In short, yes, we are operating a totally legal service here in Thailand. If we were not 100% confident we could provide these channels over a stable, longterm period, we would not have invested enormous amounts of capital into the infrastucture needed to make it possible.

Please take out a free 2 day trial and see the exceptional quality of our service for yourself - https://www.thaiexpat.tv/free_trial.php

Best regards,

Admin

I am really confused. True's line up shows channel 112 TSports and no Channel 113,

but the posted Relocation Magazine line up shows ASN on Channel 113 !?!?!?

I am in Canada now while this HD change is taking place and have no idea what is being broadcast

to my service. ASN used to carry Hockey, but True dropped ASN last year, so...

Is it back or not? One line up shows it is, the other shows it is not.

What is on Channel 113?

Relocation Mag.tiff

True Launch.tiff

Thai's do not have to crack anything !

TrueVision had not developed anything at all, they had bought a system from a Chinese manufacture !

Do you not think another Chinese manufacture already produce equipment that can pirate the system ??

I tell you there are !

And properly the same company who sell to True, they have just a "un-official" company who do !

Yea, i second tha,t and also more important that within True itself, it's personal ( technicians) are sometime happy to "help" if the right amount of bahts changes hand and i speak from personal experience, so if the new code will be cracked it will be largely due to the above.

There's a lot of talk about the new system being uncrackable. That may we be true but I recently saw the last few minutes of a documenatry from BBC in which they were talking about an employee (or someone) at Sky in England leaking the encryption keys. As I said I didn't see the whole program. Did anyone else see it? Maybe I am completely wrong and it was the old encryption form.

With the salaries that the technicians get at True it wouldn't take too much to get the necessary information from one of them.

If the box is indeed made in China then yes, I am sure they have already leaked details out to someone so it's just a matter of time before the pirates are back.

Edited by petedk

There's a lot of talk about the new system being uncrackable. That may we be true but I recently saw the last few minutes of a documenatry from BBC in which they were talking about an employee (or someone) at Sky in England leaking the encryption keys. As I said I didn't see the whole program. Did anyone else see it? Maybe I am completely wrong and it was the old encryption form.

With the salaries that the technicians get at True it wouldn't take too much to get the necessary information from one of them.

If the box is indeed made in China then yes, I am sure they have already leaked details out to someone so it's just a matter of time before the pirates are back.

Dream tv has been off 3 years no one can crack there encryption so i would not hold my breath if i was you.

I was incandescent last evening when True Non-Visions decided to blank out the final stages of the Scottish Open golf tournament at 2300. My excitement had been building over the previous two hours when the result was more and more in doubt and it was becoming a very much nip and tuck affair. At the end of the month my box goes back, with the unpaid monthly invoice, and if they cock up the showing of The Open this week I shall be taking a 4 lb hammer to it before handing it in. Enough is enough.

Anybody advising me that I need a course in anger management can stick his advice where the sun doesn't shine.

Ha ha, I was wondering if this would pi*s some people off. I had it on but wasn't that fuused. Don't worry it won't happen next week, and I believe we can watch it on the ESPN HD channel, which will be awesome!

I know TV have many critics and they are not cheap but they are the best option here by a country mile, even more so now with all these HD channels.

Let's give them some credit for a change. I'm a happy punter anwyay!

You know the play offs were shown in the morning right? er I'm not helping, am i?

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

also I didn't see ASN on the channel list, is that still only on Grammy?? so Truevisions will again feature no american football?

My upgrade worked fine and I went through the new channel list on my TV and ASN is there (back) even though it doesn't show in the list above. It is channel 113.

True is the only leagal system out there.

...and you received your leagal (sic) degree where, again?

One thing that has always irritated me about True is their billing cycle.

They advertise their rates as being monthly when in reality it is a 30 day billing cycle, NOT MONTHLY.

Even their annual payment is only good for 360 days, not 365.

What this means is when you pay for 12 months, you only receive 360 days of service. This may sound trivial but every six years they (True) have gained one full month of revenue from each and every subscriber. With thousands of subscribers this is not a trivial amount of money.

Would you rent a house or car under these same conditions? They do it because they can get away with it.

Well American football fans are now happy with ESPN returning, but being English I would like to see some cricket. I suspect that the Australians, NewZealanders and some other nationals would like it too.

There is enough sports channels showing a lot of sports that are no way near as popular as cricket. I would even upgrade my subscription to see this sport especially the T20 and one day games.

Any support for this.

I agree with you Pormax, cricket and also rugby union are far more popular than a lot of the sports channels featured.

Was a sad day when sat tv lost Supersport

Also just for the record, i was hoping that they would reintroduce Fox News. I know a lot of people will shout me down about this but i like to see both (Conservative and Liberal) points of view. CNN is just as one sided as FOX.

• Like 1

Well American football fans are now happy with ESPN returning, but being English I would like to see some cricket. I suspect that the Australians, NewZealanders and some other nationals would like it too.

There is enough sports channels showing a lot of sports that are no way near as popular as cricket. I would even upgrade my subscription to see this sport especially the T20 and one day games.

Any support for this.

I agree with you Pormax, cricket and also rugby union are far more popular than a lot of the sports channels featured.

Also just for the record, i was hoping that they would reintroduce Fox News. I know a lot of people will shout me down about this but i like to see both (Conservative and Liberal) points of view. CNN is just as one sided as FOX.

Rugby has its own channel on True! Much as I would love to see cricket, I can't see it being popular with the Thai customer base.

Although being 'liberal' myself, I'd love to see Fox News on True. CNN is full of dreary 'features', while Fox at least as some life even if the likes of Hannity, O'Reilly et al make my blood boil. I'd pay good money to see Fox cover Obama's re-election!

• Like 1

F1 on ESPN Star Sports has far too many adverts. Better to watch BBC for the races they cover

!00% agree but you cannot expect something for free and as I say if it were possible I would gladly pay a BBC Internet licence fee for streaming live TV form them. What does really piss me off though is that I understand that with football matches there are no adverts during each half (don;t know for sure as I never watch football). So if this is true it is totally unfair as the same rule should apply to F1 motor racing or at least as it isa longer duration maybe just one break half way through timed not to coincide with the anticipated main round of pit stops. I am not saying it is wrong or unfair for the football fans to get uninterrupted coverage as I feel good luck to them and happy for them too, but it truly IS unfair on the F1 fans out there who get a sham deal on Eurosport /.Starsport with a stupid amount of commercial breaks.

I do have a very good paid for VPN service (which without Geo Blocking I should not need!!!) but often the internet links from Thailand are just not up to it on weekends and you get many annoying pauses, but sometimes it works bloody well with little of no pauses and in high quality mode too so I can then thankfully watch it live on BBC some weeks and free only because the BBC in their stupidity give me no means to pay anything for this service, preferring it seems in their pointless narrow minded idiot way to bar me from enjoying their service !!!!!!!!!!! So once again I have only two choices, either don't watch it or watch it free, so guess what I and any sensible guy would do hmm ???

Jay as I said I usually download the full coverage on HD from The Box or UKNova torrents site and a big NO whoever suggested it there are NO viruses from those sites as they are well managed and pretty secure members only sites. which I have been using for years never with any problems and mainly watch them streamed from my NAS Drives to my Smart TV for maximum quality.

I watched the British Grand Prix using ThaiExpat TV and it was perfect.

The problem is that the Beeb to save money aren't broadcasting all races

"Ten races will be shown live on BBC One, including the British, Monaco and season-ending Brazilian Grands Prix.

Of the other 10, there will be extended highlights programmes on BBC One, of either 90-minute or two-hour duration depending on race location.

Races in the Far Eastern time zone will have highlights broadcast on BBC One at 1400, with those in the European time zone getting 90 minutes at 1730.

The BBC's coverage of all the live races will be as extensive as ever, with all the action on and off the track across TV, radio, online, red button and mobile."

So Jayman, share the joy, what are the ingredients & method ?

I guess that the keyword is "torrent"...

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV. Stuff that TRUE would never carry nor any of these other asian sats. It really all depends what you want to watch. I don't watch sports as it does nothing for me to see men running around playing grab ass.

What do you want to watch today?

http://eztv.it/

http://www.bt-chat.com/

http://www.seventorrents.com/

oh cool.. just noticed that Breaking bad season just started Sunday night in US and now the new episode in HD has already been downloaded and is waiting for me to press play. And Weeds... who doesn't like weeds?

Not all of us have access to broadband - geez or what

Any support for this.

Rugby has its own channel on True! Much as I would love to see cricket, I can't see it being popular with the Thai customer base.

Although being 'liberal' myself, I'd love to see Fox News on True. CNN is full of dreary 'features', while Fox at least as some life even if the likes of Hannity, O'Reilly et al make my blood boil. I'd pay good money to see Fox cover Obama's re-election!

I stream the cricket through a laptop onto the TV.

A good way to dodge a question with another answer.

Do you have re-broadcasting license's from the said TV networks in the UK

A good question, I certainly read an article about alternative services to True in the Bangkok Post recently, the article mentioned a number of service providers, including expat tv, it did say that the legality of the service to stream tv programmes was "questionable".

But we have assurances that the service is legal here in Thailand, so I must assume that expat tv has paid for the rights to rebroadcast the programmes.

I personally will stick with a combination of True and torrents, though I accept the later is not legal.

I was incandescent last evening when True Non-Visions decided to blank out the final stages of the Scottish Open golf tournament at 2300. My excitement had been building over the previous two hours when the result was more and more in doubt and it was becoming a very much nip and tuck affair. At the end of the month my box goes back, with the unpaid monthly invoice, and if they cock up the showing of The Open this week I shall be taking a 4 lb hammer to it before handing it in. Enough is enough.

Anybody advising me that I need a course in anger management can stick his advice where the sun doesn't shine.

You need a course in anger management!

True had advertised this change over and when it would take place for bloody months, frequent banners across the bottom of the screen and they even marked it on the TV guide so no one could have any excuse for not knowing when it would happen.

They certainly did. My wife also called up to ask was it necessary to change our box? Paying the 3500 demanded by the thieves at True (what an ironic name).

My wife was informed that if we did not require HD service then we could continue to use our existing box - fine, no worries there.

After the 'big change' we now have no GOLD or PLAT service - a service we PAY for.

My wife called UNTRUTH again only to be told we must buy the 3500 THB box.

What a load of khrap

Edited by Gers1873

Any support for this.

Brewster, thanks, which channel? Most of the rugby I've seen is League, not Union, eg. Super15 and Rugby World Cup.

I would also love to watch, Obama's re-election campaign. Right now I'm watching CNN "the situation room" with that fool Wolf Bitzer, talk about bias, holy crap.

I have heard that the reason True doesn't broadcast Fox News is because it is too expensive, surely you and I are not the only ones who want Fox.

correct.. torrents have all the content you could ever want in very HD quality all out there free for the taking. No sat dishes or program guides required. I use a NMT that I tell it what I like to watch and it monitors the schedules and as soon as the shows air they are downloaded and wait for me to press play on my TV

What is an NMT ??

What software handles this sort of scheduling of my viewing ??

I am doing the above but manually.. If there was a slicker way to load the media server, tidy the filesystem, keep correct metadata, I am all for it.

Interested in this.

nmt= network media tank... http://www.networked...x.php/Main_Page

there are tons of options out there now and many sold in thailand...

apple makes one http://www.apple.com/appletv/

google makes one http://www.google.com/nexus/#/q

hell.. everyone makes a media tank now. The software is built into the box that automates everything and makes it all easy to use.

I use both boxee box and XBMC systems. I have tested popcorn media players, WD Live, etc etc etc.. Almost all of the media players at one stage or another.

What interested me was the automated system you appear to have to search for and pre download content without your input, what sites it monitors, what torrents it auto selects, where it downloads them to, does it get metadata and cover art, etc etc etc.. Is there XBMC or desktop software you use to do this ??

AFAIK neither apple or the google box works as you described.

You use a programme called "Sickbeard" You just tell it what programmes you are interested in and it will search and download them itself then connect to XBMC to add them to the menu for you to view. All automatic, and easily done.

As for the True cards being tied to the receiver then Sky UK has been doing that for years, slight changes to the software in the Dreambox should get them working again. If you look in the config you should already see an entry something like "Boxkey=AA AA BD S3 S1"

Chris

True is the only leagal system out there.

...and you received your leagal (sic) degree where, again?

One thing that has always irritated me about True is their billing cycle.

They advertise their rates as being monthly when in reality it is a 30 day billing cycle, NOT MONTHLY.

Even their annual payment is only good for 360 days, not 365.

What this means is when you pay for 12 months, you only receive 360 days of service. This may sound trivial but every six years they (True) have gained one full month of revenue from each and every subscriber. With thousands of subscribers this is not a trivial amount of money.

Would you rent a house or car under these same conditions? They do it because they can get away with it.

Nope, incorrrect. Take a look at your TrueVisions monthly bill...look at the center column just left of the individual charges. This column shows you the billing period. I'm looking at my July bill right now...July is a 31 day month...the billing period shown is 1 - 31 July. I'm looking at my June bill right now...June is a 30 day month...the billing period shown is 1-30 June. Let's take a look at Feb which is normally 28 days but this year was 29 days...the billing period shown on my bill is 1-29 Feb. And in my case, all payments for any month are due by the 24th of the month.

• Like 1

Any support for this.

I stream the cricket through a laptop onto the TV.

Where online do you get the cricket?

You need a course in anger management!

True had advertised this change over and when it would take place for bloody months, frequent banners across the bottom of the screen and they even marked it on the TV guide so no one could have any excuse for not knowing when it would happen.

They certainly did. My wife also called up to ask was it necessary to change our box? Paying the 3500 demanded by the thieves at True (what an ironic name).

My wife was informed that if we did not require HD service then we could continue to use our existing box - fine, no worries there.

After the 'big change' we now have no GOLD or PLAT service - a service we PAY for.

My wife called UNTRUTH again only to be told we must buy the 3500 THB box.

What a load of khrap

I'm afraid in Thailand you often get the answer you want to hear. The pertinent question is when did your wife call? What the True staff told you was in fact "true" up to the much advertised cut off date/ addition of extra HD channels.

When they released the HD receiver and first added HD, if you had phoned and said "do I need the new HD receiver to continue watching True but not the HD channels?" they would have been quite correct in saying no, you can continue to watch the SD content on your old receiver. As for them "demanding" money from you, I think you are just being melodramatic.

The recent upgrade to both encoding and encryption services, coinciding with the additional HD content, has now changed that former "truth"... but as far as I am aware they have no psychic service staff able to foresee these future upgrades on their customer service team!

Please everyone just stop moaning and get the new receiver if you want the service, it's a much better machine and the HD channels and recording options are well worth the cost. Simply cancel your old sub and start a new one, 2,000 baht initial deposit per receiver and fantastic offer of 4x receivers, full subscription for c.2,800 baht a month... that's a bargain in my book, 700 baht a receiver!

• Like 2

If you are having problems with your dreambox not working and would still love to have quality UK TV, then try out our FREE 2 day trial today!

https://www.thaiexpa...free_trial.php

2 day totally FREE trial (Windows PC only).

No VPN or Proxy!

Really!

When I tried to use it last year it would not work, no matter how I tried. (windows xp & windows 7, two different machines

And e mails to you for help went unanswered, so no thanks, i'll not waste my time again.

Richard

Chiang Mai

Hi Richard,

We think you must be confusing us with another company, as we have only been operational for 7 weeks. Our business model was not even conceived until early this year, 2012.

All phone calls & emails are answered professionally and promptly. The best way to see that we are a different company to the one you previously had a bad expierence with, is to take out our 2 day free trial & see the quality for yourself.

Best regards,

Admin

If you think you do everything legal, you will be surprised the day you enter Thailand !

Wasn't there just a guy last week who was getting royal pardon for translating a book to Thai when he was in USA ???

I can tell you that if you step any Thai with influence over the toes, they will make sure that you will get a pleasent holiday first time you enter the country !! (Read Bangkok Hilton) !!! Then can you sit there and be smart ! So better be sure you not do anything ilegal in Thailand !

Thai's do not have to crack anything !

TrueVision had not developed anything at all, they had bought a system from a Chinese manufacture !

Do you not think another Chinese manufacture already produce equipment that can pirate the system ??

I tell you there are !

And properly the same company who sell to True, they have just a "un-official" company who do !

Truecorp is now using the NDS algorithms and encryption techniques that people in UK have been trying to crack since intordouced to Sky Television in 1997.

NDS was originally an Israeli company and True signed the deal with them in May 2011