Thailand State Subsidies And Land Titles

Always difficult to farm in Thailand when the government keeps interfering in price fixing (rubber, cassava, rice come to mind). Here is an interesting article on this subject:

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2012/06/28/peasants-and-the-state/#comments

Also some readers of this forum may wonder why their farm titles are not clear cut. Here is some history on this subject:

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2012/07/17/review-of-land-and-loyalty-tlcnmrev-xl/#more-19576

• Like 1

Very interesting, thank you for posting.

You are welcome. For more interesting reading, click into the sites I printed above and then click onto the site's home page and scroll down to postings made in June. The readings there are much more interesting.

I read, thank you

News Mandala has always been one of the best source to understand what's going on in Thailand. The OP are usually written by respected scholars and set the tone for interesting debates

For even more interesting discussions google Andrew Macgregor Marshall.

I read, thank you

News Mandala has always been one of the best source to understand what's going on in Thailand. The OP are usually written by respected scholars and set the tone for interesting debates

For even more interesting discussions google Andrew Macgregor Marshall.

The first site is zen journalist, but when you follow the link :

Sorry for any inconvenience.

The page you are trying to visit has been blocked by the Ministry of Information and Communication Technology.

sad.png I'll try again when I'm in Hong Kong. There are other links to other sites, I read the articles and I understand better why the censure.

But I'm mostly interested in research regarding the origin of the current mess with landownership titles. Do you have any other sources ?

_

Edited by JurgenG