New Number 1 Bar

smokie36

There are plenty of attractive single girls from Chiang Mai and other Northern provinces right here. No need to go anywhere.

I must agree that the north certainly has it's fair share of good lookers.

Horses for courses I guess (not literally)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have guessed. Last time I was there, her grandmother had taken over.

Chiang Mai is good if you enjoy nice food folks, but as for poo ying, go South young man.

What a load of rubbish. There are plenty of attractive single girls from Chiang Mai and other Northern provinces right here. No need to go anywhere.

Could you put a good word in for me? Passed his sell by date farang, living on a tight budget, seeking young, attractive girly friend, because his wife doesn`t understand him.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I see the ploy here. They are trying to change the perception of the word Bar in Chiang Mai to mean drinking and eating establishment and get rid of the girly element usually associated with bars in Thailand and give it an air of respectability.

Wow. Just wow. I strangely feel the need to don a tin-foil hat after reading that. I also suspect they are working in collusion with Aliens in a plot to take over Chiang Mai. Also, the owner is probably the real person responsible for JFK's assassination....

-Mestizo

I can drop onto facebook and ask her where she is and what she's up to if anyone needs though lol

Judging by the structure of the pic's filename, her Facebook is exactly where Mr. WTK got the photograph from!

-Mestizo

I see the ploy here. They are trying to change the perception of the word Bar in Chiang Mai to mean drinking and eating establishment and get rid of the girly element usually associated with bars in Thailand and give it an air of respectability.

Wow. Just wow. I strangely feel the need to don a tin-foil hat after reading that. I also suspect they are working in collusion with Aliens in a plot to take over Chiang Mai. Also, the owner is probably the real person responsible for JFK's assassination....

-Mestizo

I also heard that it was the owner who started World War Two and is keeping all the decent Chiang Mai chicks locked up in a laboratory in a dastardly plot to breed a new super race.

Not exactly Miss Worlds at the old one are they!!!

They are from Khon Kaen if you like that look. Personally I don't find that (and the Ubon Rachathani look) very appealing. But to each their own.

I agree, it's a horrible look. Makes you wonder why folks from Khon Kaen or Kalasin don't all wear paper bags over their head.

(BTW, for anyone else, no need to rush to either location, she left a long time ago.)

I can drop onto facebook and ask her where she is and what she's up to if anyone needs though lol

I'm temporarily on the wagon, please tell me she went to a girly juice bar. Maybe a girly salad bar. Girly milk bars are out, I'm lactose intolerant.

Not exactly Miss Worlds at the old one are they!!!

They are from Khon Kaen if you like that look. Personally I don't find that (and the Ubon Rachathani look) very appealing. But to each their own.

I agree, it's a horrible look. Makes you wonder why folks from Khon Kaen or Kalasin don't all wear paper bags over their head.

(BTW, for anyone else, no need to rush to either location, she left a long time ago.)

But you could try On On bar in moonmuang Soi 2....rolleyes.gif

Judging by the structure of the pic's filename, her Facebook is exactly where Mr. WTK got the photograph from!

Yup; it's her public profile pic. Anyway it's funny that so many board members seem to know her.. small town I suppose. smile.png

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Yup; it's her public profile pic. Anyway it's funny that so many board members seem to know her.. small town I suppose. smile.png

She's one of the few women in in Chiang Mai that not only knows the difference between a Lambic and Tripel but also knows what type of glass to pour each one into. People are bound to notice that.

• Like 1

I went along last night with the wife and daughter to check it out.

We had spicy pork salad, soft crab in curry powder, beef penang, two plates of plain rice, a plate of french fried, two large draught Warsteiners and and lime juice. I enjoyed everything, the portions were generous and well presented. Only complaints were that the beef was a little chewy and the french fried that we asked to come first, came last. Both par for the course in Thailand, I suppose. Her indoors was a bit disappointed that the lime juice was from a can and not fresh. I enjoyed the draught beer at 130B for a large glass. Total bill 770B.

As someone already mentioned, the road can be a little noisy with the occasional tuk tuk and loud motorbike whizzing past, but it's not exactly the Hang Dong Rd. Inside is nicely lit, but 'beer garden' outside seemed a little dark to me, maybe some candles or soft lighting might add a bit of warmth. The tables outside are quite low, which didn't make for the most comfortable eating experience. Music was a bit nondescript, like some sort of Hed Kandi lounge compilation. But then I gave up hope of being satisfied musically in CM a long time ago.

As for the people not wishing to offend their prudish wives, I wouldn't say you've got anything to worry about here. Most of the clientele I saw were Thai-foreign couples, with a couple of groups of younger foreigners, and a few older boys too. Are the girls on the menu? In accord with the waitress who decided to sit with us, and then proceeded to tell us that she was 28 years old, with 3 kids back in Isaan, and a 57 year old boyfriend here, I'd say definitely not... biggrin.png Personally I'd rather drink my beer out a PG's shoe than listen to that.

Edited by keo

I went along last night with the wife and daughter to check it out.

We had spicy pork salad, soft crab in curry powder, beef penang, two plates of plain rice, a plate of french fried, two large draught Warheizens and and lime juice. I enjoyed everything, the portions were generous and well presented. Only complaints were that the beef was a little chewy and the french fried that we asked to come first, came last. Both par for the course in Thailand, I suppose. Her indoors was a bit disappointed that the lime juice was from a can and not fresh. I enjoyed the draught beer at 130B for a large glass. Total bill 770B.

As someone already mentioned, the road can be a little noisy with the occasional tuk tuk and loud motorbike whizzing past, but it's not exactly the Hang Dong Rd. Inside is nicely lit, but 'beer garden' outside seemed a little dark to me, maybe some candles or soft lighting might add a bit of warmth. The tables outside are quite low, which didn't make for the most comfortable eating experience. Music was a bit nondescript, like some sort of Hed Kandi lounge compilation. But then I gave up hope of being satisfied musically in CM a long time ago.

As for the people not wishing to offend their prudish wives, I wouldn't say you've got anything to worry about here. Most of the clientele I saw were Thai-foreign couples, with a couple of groups of younger foreigners, and a few older boys too. Are the girls on the menu? In accord with the waitress who decided to sit with us, and then proceeded to tell us that she was 28 years old, with 3 kids back in Isaan, and a 57 year old boyfriend here, I'd say definitely not... biggrin.png Personally I'd rather drink my beer out a PG's shoe than listen to that.

What's a Warheizen?

They looked ok, 7ft tables I think. A bit on the small side for me personally, prefer 9ft. Didn't play, so can't pass any further comment on quality of cues, cloth or balls. Looked like it was pay per play though.

re ... Easy Soi 2 off the moat next door to Happy Bar and opposite the tiny bar

here ! ... she was in there last week being very loud : (

dave2

:blink: Once again I find myself thoroughly impressed by Dave2!

We should do this more often, post a picture of a random local celebrity and then see how quickly the entrance to her burrow can be located.. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

re ..post a picture of a random local celebrity and then see how quickly the entrance to her burrow can be located

her history for the last 18 months ish ? ... darling bar .. blue grass bar ( same owner )

sisters bar .. one oh one bar .. the what .. obviously number one but i didnt see

her in there ... marin bar and now on on bar : )

dave2

ps ... ask her how ian is : )

This is a little unfair. And maybe some mix-up going on. She has boyfriends, as she should as a healthy 23 year old, but isn't all over the place. One if the genuinely nice people in the area, actually.

And no, the only interaction I've had was being served a beverage and having a chat.

This is a little unfair. And maybe some mix-up going on. She has boyfriends, as she should as a healthy 23 year old, but isn't all over the place. One if the genuinely nice people in the area, actually.

And no, the only interaction I've had was being served a beverage and having a chat.

It was a little unfair to post her picture in this thread also.

• Like 1

It was a little unfair to post her picture in this thread also.

Yes. :(

Would be a lot of work for a mod to remove all those posts so I'm hesitant to ask. Did consider it though and may still report my own post when I get home. And take a well deserved TV holiday in the process.

• Like 1

Yes. sad.png

Would be a lot of work for a mod to remove all those posts so I'm hesitant to ask. Did consider it though and may still report my own post when I get home. And take a well deserved TV holiday in the process.

Just PM me your password and I'll take care of that for you! :)

-Mestizo

LOL it sounds like 1/2 the Chiangmai members on thaivisa have used and abused this hussie at one time or another.

feel sorry for her having friends like you lot! photo, where she works etc. what has she done to deserve this? sad.png

LOL it sounds like 1/2 the Chiangmai members on thaivisa have used and abused this hussie at one time or another.

feel sorry for her having friends like you lot! photo, where she works etc. what has she done to deserve this? sad.png

Don't worry, she's fine. ;) And note that I didn't post any info, it turned a collaborative effort.

Either way, I think this its best to clean it up, if only because it's not on topic.

Most mods are out themselves I suppose but I will follow up and report.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

On and On is hookers only.

If she ain't working the bar, they wouldn't let her in the door.

Aight; just got home (did anyone notice there's a big 'Half Moon Party' going on half way to Hang Dong) and was happy to see that the picture was removed. So that clears that up.

Will leave it to the mods to decide if there's further benefit to be had in this topic or not.

On and On is hookers only.

If she ain't working the bar, they wouldn't let her in the door.

You sound like the "font of knowledge." I shall be following your posts in future if I want to find out exactly whats going on around here and "who is what."

You sound as if you have either been in Chiang Mai for two minutes or you have been severely fleeced by a woman which seems to have left you a little bitter and twisted, either way, your comments sound <deleted>.....

And by the way, just because many people "know" who someone is, (not hard around Chiang Mai) doesn't mean that they have all used and abused her / him.

Get a grip or should I say, "get a life."

Edited by wildpikey

You sound like the "font of knowledge." I shall be following your posts in future if I want to find out exactly whats going on around here and "who is what."

On and On, formerly known as the JaiYen bar, changed hands about 3 years ago when the English owner divorced.

Currently run as a 'hard' girlie bar. If a girl suggests you take her there, she's on commission. You have been warned.