Local Radio In Phuket

jayleshark

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to get copies of programs from Live radio 89.5? Sent an email but no answer. Some discussions about the deaths on roads and dangers and stopping people dying on the roads on Sunday afternoon. Any ideas? Is it on the net somewhere?

Does anyone know how to get copies of programs from Live radio 89.5? Sent an email but no answer. Some discussions about the deaths on roads and dangers and stopping people dying on the roads on Sunday afternoon. Any ideas? Is it on the net somewhere?

Doesn't the starter of this thread and jobbing Phuket DJ JayLeShark work for 89.5? Why not try a personal message to him for an answer?

Doesn't the starter of this thread and jobbing Phuket DJ JayLeShark work for 89.5? Why not try a personal message to him for an answer?

I heard he does not work there anymore.

Ah, ok. I'm not a regular listener to 89.5 so I'm afraid I didn't know that jobbing DJ Monsieur Le Shark had left the building. Apologies therefore to KelMorg for this useless suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...

Harder to get decent local news anywhere on radio now. 91.5 are doing the best with the BBC for international and local updates in their shows. 89.5 just sound like their coasting along. Even their two morning stars sound bored since they returned to the airwaves. If you listen long enough (and we can't be bothered anymore) they repeat the same news for most of the day. As I say, just coasting along. I don't think 90.5 are in the game at all. Phuketwan on radio would be interesting :)

Harder to get decent local news anywhere on radio now. 91.5 are doing the best with the BBC for international and local updates in their shows. 89.5 just sound like their coasting along. Even their two morning stars sound bored since they returned to the airwaves. If you listen long enough (and we can't be bothered anymore) they repeat the same news for most of the day. As I say, just coasting along. I don't think 90.5 are in the game at all. Phuketwan on radio would be interesting smile.png

Agree about the news. Why 89.5 doesn't have up to date local news is odd as they are part of the Phuket News group. No excuse for the same bulletin all day long.

Still like Sam and Natasha so don't agree with your other comment about the station.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been listening the 90.00MHz today. I have not noticed any talk on the radio, just music.

The music is variety of everything. English pop, real latin rhythms, bollywood style music. Interesting international mix.

• 3 months later...

Ah, ok. I'm not a regular listener to 89.5 so I'm afraid I didn't know that jobbing DJ Monsieur Le Shark had left the building. Apologies therefore to KelMorg for this useless suggestion.

Hey hey Franky Le Blunt. The jobber is still here just doing some other radio things now. Big love to ya.

Hey Big V,

Left the station last year to do some other projects. Hope all is well big man.

• 2 weeks later...

Harder to get decent local news anywhere on radio now. 91.5 are doing the best with the BBC for international and local updates in their shows. 89.5 just sound like their coasting along. Even their two morning stars sound bored since they returned to the airwaves. If you listen long enough (and we can't be bothered anymore) they repeat the same news for most of the day. As I say, just coasting along. I don't think 90.5 are in the game at all. Phuketwan on radio would be interesting smile.png

Agree about the news. Why 89.5 doesn't have up to date local news is odd as they are part of the Phuket News group. No excuse for the same bulletin all day long.

Still like Sam and Natasha so don't agree with your other comment about the station.

Nowadays its Sam & Kirsty in the morning. In MHO not as good as Sam & Natasha. Maybe need more time to gel.

The choice of radio stations in Phuket is very little, and always same pop musik I can't hear anymore!

Here in north east we have more then 3 time more radiosstation choice!

Which ones?