Drunk Driving Law Tightened

petercallen

Is everything in "Australian" spelt or spelled differently? There's; there, their and they're which all have different meanings. Unless of course we are using coarse language or a high grit sandpaper... Sorry, but my mother was a teacher! I can understand the misuse and misspelling from people who are not native english speakers and there are some differences in dialect from country to country, but it drives me crazy when people pontificate and can't spell...

Sorry small rant... I still believe this law has nothing to do with drunk driving as I said before.

I do not understand your post do you mean is everything in Australia spelt differently??

An Australian is a citizen of Australia

Who gives a stuff what you think about my spelling thanks for pointing it out

As far as the DD laws go i do not drink excessively and drive so they do not worry me

Can you say the same thing

Drinking excessively or not is really not the issue when driving.

Also, don't drink a beer sitting next to your wife in the car while she's driving, it could cost you 60,000 Baht.

Drunk driving is not an issue while driving???

If you read my posts you will know i do not agree with people being fined for drinking alcoholic drinks in a car as a passenger

I think it is a ridiculous law

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My take on this was it had nothing to do with the drink driving law but purely to stop people drinking in & on vehicles & if caught the driver can also be charged even if he does not have alcohol in his hand. I do not understand all the talk of Baht 1,000 fine for drunk driving. A few years back over the New Year period I knew 2 people, both Thai one male one female, who were fined Baht 10,000 for drunk driving. When caught they had a choice of spending the night in jail or post bail of Baht 10,000. The following day or Monday if it was a weekend they had to spend all day in a holding cell & at 5pm released after paying a Baht 10,000 fine which had been processed in the court.

My take on this was it had nothing to do with the drink driving law but purely to stop people drinking in & on vehicles & if caught the driver can also be charged even if he does not have alcohol in his hand. I do not understand all the talk of Baht 1,000 fine for drunk driving. A few years back over the New Year period I knew 2 people, both Thai one male one female, who were fined Baht 10,000 for drunk driving. When caught they had a choice of spending the night in jail or post bail of Baht 10,000. The following day or Monday if it was a weekend they had to spend all day in a holding cell & at 5pm released after paying a Baht 10,000 fine which had been processed in the court.

5 years ago there was a article in the PG saying the fine was 1000 baht and they were thinking of changing it

I did not say it was the current fine but what it was in the past, even 10,000 baht is cheap for DD

without having your license suspended for a period of time as well in my opinion

Drunk drivers rarely kill themselves jut other people

Is everything in "Australian" spelt or spelled differently? There's; there, their and they're which all have different meanings. Unless of course we are using coarse language or a high grit sandpaper... Sorry, but my mother was a teacher! I can understand the misuse and misspelling from people who are not native english speakers and there are some differences in dialect from country to country, but it drives me crazy when people pontificate and can't spell...

Sorry small rant... I still believe this law has nothing to do with drunk driving as I said before.

It's like the way all Americans can't point out Canada on a map.

Edited by Old Croc

It's like how all Americans can't point out Canada on a map.

Nice blanket generalization there OC.............

It's like how all Americans can't point out Canada on a map.

Nice blanket generalization there OC.............

It's called sarcasm GOM.

If 20% of all road accidents on Phuket are caused by drunk drivers, then, it stands to reason that 80% of all road accidents on Phuket are caused by sober drivers.

Maybe it's actually safer to drink and drive?

You actually have a point there KB. I think more than drunk driving laws there should be better driver education.

Was riding around Phuket town yesterday, you want to see the worst drivers in Phuket (?), take a spin through there.

Also, don't drink a beer sitting next to your wife in the car while she's driving, it could cost you 60,000 Baht.

Please peter, for once try to understand what is written before you react.

So it seems that EZ Bribe will come handy after all as it would be dangerous to to drink and drive with huge amount of money.

http://www.thaivisa....-for-motorists/

Just look at that thread, incredible. People are taking it seriously despite the 'SATIRE' at the top of it.

I'm more worried that there had to be written 'SATIRE' on the top of the article. Well, TiT.

different story

I am quoting your own post, what don't i understand sport

I am quoting your own post, what don't i understand sport

No you're not.

Steven in post 58 you said drinking excessively is not an issue when driving

same same sport

This is what I said and I quote: 'Drinking excessively or not is really not the issue when driving.', after you said you don't drink excessively before driving. So I said, translated for you, 'so you drink and drive peter, just like others you are accusing of this. Excessively or not is not the issue, drinking is'.

Edited by stevenl

Steven in post 58 you said drinking excessively is not an issue when driving

same same sport

This is what I said and I quote: 'Drinking excessively or not is really not the issue when driving.', after you said you don't drink excessively before driving. So I said, translated for you, 'so you drink and drive peter, just like others you are accusing of this. Excessively or not is not the issue, drinking is'.

One small beer a hour with usually a maximum of three when out is not excessive drinking, when having a drink at home i do not set a limit but never drink so i really drunk, how about you Steven

And by the way when quoting from anything i post quote the whole post not selected sentences which suite your purpose

If 20% of all road accidents on Phuket are caused by drunk drivers, then, it stands to reason that 80% of all road accidents on Phuket are caused by sober drivers.

Maybe it's actually safer to drink and drive?

Well i certainly think so....i drive slower when drunk