Guys Who Cannot Manage To Get Any Relationship In Thailand

drronnie

You might want to choose your female company differently then robblock...?

95% of my friends are male... and the 5% of the female friends i have, talk about interesting things.

I hate shopping. I dont talk lipstick. I like motorbikes, fitness, sports, computer related subjects..and conversations which expand my brain.

Thats like me saying all men are boring because they only talk about pussy and engine oil. Might try changing your choice of company, then might change your perspective..?

I was just joking around.. though i do have some problem talking with my mom as those are her topics. The female company i keep is different and i would never have a girl who could only talk about shopping and stuff.

Just like i don't know the first thing about engine oil and cars.

Heyy Robblok, ive known you a long time through the forum, even though dont know you personally. Have an idea of your style of posting. I figured it was tongue-in-cheek. But..what you said isnt far from how a lot of guys might think. ..and for the record, i NEVER EVER drag a guy through a shopping mall. Always feel sorry for the guys standing around with their other halves with a "shoot me now" expression! ^^

• Like 1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wish to mention..that ive noticed that some men who come here (i guess based on their interactions with women here?)..seem to have completely forgotten how to talk to "normal" women (Maybe they didnt know in the first place..i dont know!)

Normal women? Thai women are not normal? wink.png

Anyway I strongly suspect that those men are just as socially inept when speaking with other men, so don't feel singled out. I find myself dodging the occasional monologue diatribe once in a while, then I quickly move on.

Personally I talk with Western women pretty much the same as I do with Western men, which is a bit different form the way I talk with most Thai women. With Thai women I'm much more likely to joke around, make compliments, flirt a bit, help out, listen to problems, etc. With Western women I don't really have a clue; couldn't joke or flirt with even if my life depended on it. Topics mostly just cover their experiences in Thailand, maybe current events, maybe talk about good places to go and things to see and do; same as with men really. Occasionally I end up having a really good time, but incredibly platonic. ;)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Winnie, when i said "normal" i meant women across the board. I wasnt meaning guys talking simplified English, i was meaning guys who seem to have changed their normal English into Thailand Bar-Style English. Wasnt clear enough, so apologies. So, to clarify, i meant "normal" women as in "normal" thai women, Farang women, etc...not girls who are paid to listen to men talk drivel down the local bar. Wish they could see there is a difference! I know, i know, im harsh!

Personally I talk with Western women pretty much the same as I do with Western men, which is a bit different form the way I talk with most Thai women. With Thai women I'm much more likely to joke around, make compliments, flirt a bit, help out, listen to problems, etc. With Western women I don't really have a clue; couldn't joke or flirt with even if my life depended on it. Topics mostly just cover their experiences in Thailand, maybe current events, maybe talk about good places to go and things to see and do; same as with men really. Occasionally I end up having a really good time, but incredibly platonic. wink.png

WInnie, you reminded me of something else too...a lot of guys talk in a flirty joking way..and thats all fine, but again, surely depends on the kind of woman (Thai and Farang)?

I have some intelligent Thai female friends and there is a fine line between flirty/jokey and coming over as a bit patronizing...where even they would be stunned by a man talking to them as if they are 15 years old with the IQ of a gnat.

I joke around too when i talk, but if a guy talks to me like im a kid with a low IQ, im actually rather insulted. Im not rude about it, but i dont engage much in conversation, thats all.

Im not meaning that to sound stuck up..

95% of my friends are male... and the 5% of the female friends i have, talk about interesting things.

I hate shopping. I dont talk lipstick. I like motorbikes, fitness, sports, computer related subjects..and conversations which expand my brain.

Thats like me saying all men are boring because they only talk about pussy and engine oil. Might try changing your choice of company, then might change your perspective..?

I was just joking around.. though i do have some problem talking with my mom as those are her topics. The female company i keep is different and i would never have a girl who could only talk about shopping and stuff.

Heyy Robblok, ive known you a long time through the forum, even though dont know you personally. Have an idea of your style of posting. I figured it was tongue-in-cheek. But..what you said isnt far from how a lot of guys might think. ..and for the record, i NEVER EVER drag a guy through a shopping mall. Always feel sorry for the guys standing around with their other halves with a "shoot me now" expression! ^^

Platinum Mall has an excellent massage place...and a bar. The ideal shopping experience.....and I even found time to buy her some stuff.....relatively painless overall. biggrin.png

Platinum Mall has an excellent massage place...and a bar. The ideal shopping experience.....and I even found time to buy her some stuff.....relatively painless overall. biggrin.png

I should have known about the massage. A few days ago i went to buy a new gps at pantip with my wife. Normally id be checking all the computer stuff out but not this time as i wanted her not to be bored by it.. so got the gps.. Then she wanted to platinum... i told her find me a food land and ill read a book on the ipad. Massage would have been better.

I would say that is pretty right. Your education and your mind may not be made for relationship. What may happend here is that a bad mind someone will finally find you and get what he/she wants from you.

Being alone is not a bad thing since you accept it.

S.

Personally I talk with Western women pretty much the same as I do with Western men, which is a bit different form the way I talk with most Thai women. With Thai women I'm much more likely to joke around, make compliments, flirt a bit, help out, listen to problems, etc. With Western women I don't really have a clue; couldn't joke or flirt with even if my life depended on it. Topics mostly just cover their experiences in Thailand, maybe current events, maybe talk about good places to go and things to see and do; same as with men really. Occasionally I end up having a really good time, but incredibly platonic. wink.png

WInnie, you reminded me of something else too...a lot of guys talk in a flirty joking way..and thats all fine, but again, surely depends on the kind of woman (Thai and Farang)?

I have some intelligent Thai female friends and there is a fine line between flirty/jokey and coming over as a bit patronizing...where even they would be stunned by a man talking to them as if they are 15 years old with the IQ of a gnat.

I joke around too when i talk, but if a guy talks to me like im a kid with a low IQ, im actually rather insulted. Im not rude about it, but i dont engage much in conversation, thats all.

Im not meaning that to sound stuck up..

Its an odd thing... I generally find Western expat men OK, but others are either overly friendly or will turn their head away even passing on the street!

Have to add a quick anecdote - my brother and his (Western) g/f lived here for several years - one day he got extremely pissed off when she said "want salt" during a meal laugh.png . She was so used to working with foreigners and using 'pidgeon English', that she momentarily forgot when relaxed, back at home!

Eek said Engine oil and pussy.

whistling.gif

• Like 1

would you want to see your grandparents live in squalor in your own country? if you had millions there and they had little?

yes, if your married they are your relatives now.

No, I'm sorry, I didn't sign on for supporting half a village. Too many falang fall into that trap of building houses, buying motorbikes etc purely because the Thais see us as cash cows. When I visit my ladies family in the village I take plenty of food and booze but that's the limit of my generosity.

must not have been a traditional gal. part of the vetting process is meeting the folks and them approving. finances do enter the equation for suitability including giving to family, though the girl can offset this to a certain extent if she really likes you.

would you want to see your grandparents live in squalor in your own country? if you had millions there and they had little?

No, I'm sorry, I didn't sign on for supporting half a village. Too many falang fall into that trap of building houses, buying motorbikes etc purely because the Thais see us as cash cows. When I visit my ladies family in the village I take plenty of food and booze but that's the limit of my generosity.

must not have been a traditional gal. part of the vetting process is meeting the folks and them approving. finances do enter the equation for suitability including giving to family, though the girl can offset this to a certain extent if she really likes you.

Traditional gal may not be the most accurate word.

Here's what so different: in a farang relationship, you don't pay the farang wife a "salary" over and above the household expenses or support her parents or build her parents a new house as seems often the case in a relationship w/ a Thai.

Speak for yourself, I don't do any of that. I'm not sure why falangs fall for supporting the whole family, building houses etc, it all seems like such a con to me, and yet they continue to do it.

I don't agree.. married my wife alone nobody else. The more you pay the more it might be a financial relationship instead of a real one. They lived like this before you and they can live without you. If its something urgent like hospital care its a different story.

Medical care is free for Thais.

The more you give, the more stupid they think you are, the more they expect you to give, and the less they like you.

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 2

Just wish to mention..that ive noticed that some men who come here (i guess based on their interactions with women here?)..seem to have completely forgotten how to talk to "normal" women (Maybe they didnt know in the first place..i dont know!)

Who gets to say which group of women are 'normal'.

The rule of western law, seems to me, to have completely reversed the rule of natural law.

After living in a country with a Thai woman, I don't even bother to interact with western women any more.

From my point of view, Thai women are normal.

As a western women you may wish to suggest the opposite, so we will have to agree to disagree.

I suspect she meant normal as opposed to those being paid for their time.

Women being paid for their time, has been considered normal by all classes of society in all nations throughout human history. Only in a few countries during the last 100 years has it ever been considered abnormal.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Who gets to say which group of women are 'normal'.

The rule of western law, seems to me, to have completely reversed the rule of natural law.

After living in a country with a Thai woman, I don't even bother to interact with western women any more.

From my point of view, Thai women are normal.

As a western women you may wish to suggest the opposite, so we will have to agree to disagree.

Post #93

Winnie, when i said "normal" i meant women across the board. I wasnt meaning guys talking simplified English, i was meaning guys who seem to have changed their normal English into Thailand Bar-Style English. Wasnt clear enough, so apologies. So, to clarify, i meant "normal" women as in "normal" thai women, Farang women, etc...not girls who are paid to listen to men talk drivel down the local bar. Wish they could see there is a difference! I know, i know, im harsh!

No worries Tommo, im sure the feeling is mutual.

Edited by eek
  • Like 1

She's a well educated Thai whose family is probably considered to be middle class. They are all employed and own either a business or a farm. They are certainly not wealthy by any stretch. In the three years we have been together they have never tried to take advantage of the fact that I'm probably wealthy in comparism.

Eek said Engine oil and pussy.

whistling.gif

Must have slipped my mind.

• Like 1

Traditional gal may not be the most accurate word.

What is the most accurate word? Do you want to explain yourself? No, probably not, just make your snide remarks from the safety of your computer.

Edited by giddyup

Women being paid for their time, has been considered normal by all classes of society in all nations throughout human history. Only in a few countries during the last 100 years has it ever been considered abnormal.

Did you ever consider that your attitude toward women is most likely responsible for your lack of success with them?

No, sorry that's a daft question; of course you have. I think you've just resolved to not bother trying to understand their vagaries and make it a business transaction.

Edited by HardenedSoul

Did you ever consider that your attitude toward women is most likely responsible for your lack of success with them?

What attitude? I thought he was stating a fact.

• Like 1

I thought I was stating a fact too!

As for a lack of success with women ........ how could one judge (as you haven't yet stated your criteria for judging 'success with women').

Is your criteria for 'success with women' equated to 'getting it for free', if so I 'got if for free' for over 25 years. So theoretically that should make you, by your standards, consider me a success with women.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. That's not the point. The point is that he's suggesting that if it was ok back then, it should be ok now.

Maybe we should apply that to, say, fascism, slavery, ethnic cleansing and women not having the vote.

Maybe we should apply that to, say, fascism, slavery, ethnic cleansing and women not having the vote.

In historical terms

Fasicm, abnormal, relatively modern concept.

Slavery, hard to say, some societies thought it was OK, some didn't.

Ethnic cleansing, hard to say, fairly modern concept (as we know it)

Women not having the vote, normal, actually everyone not having the vote, normal, as democracy was not a normal method of government, but popular at the moment.

He clearly was stating a fact, why do you doubt it?

I'm still waiting for HS to quantify what he considers, 'success with women'

(number of women penetrated, number of virgins deflowered, number of children sired, length of relationship with one women, aggregate length of relationships with multiple women, number of times you got it for free)

I'm sure I missed out a few categories in the possible conditions for success.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

He clearly was stating a fact, why do you doubt it?

I'm still waiting for HS to quantify what he considers, 'success with women'

(number of women penetrated, number of virgins deflowered, number of children sired, length of relationship with one women, aggregate length of relationships with multiple women, number of times you got it for free)

I'm sure I missed out a few categories in the possible conditions for success.

The guy is talking through his butt. He seems to be able to read things into posts that just aren't there.

• Like 1

I thought I was stating a fact too!

As for a lack of success with women ........ how could one judge (as you haven't yet stated your criteria for judging 'success with women').

Is your criteria for 'success with women' equated to 'getting it for free', if so I 'got if for free' for over 25 years. So theoretically that should make you, by your standards, consider me a success with women.

Sorry Tommo, but i thought i read before that you invite women into your home and you help them out financially with education or whatever else it was and expect benefits in return for this, but making it clear to them that you dont want a relationship as such, just a mutual transaction. ...Did i get the wrong end of the stick..?