Best Mobile/ Internet Operator For Phones?

darraghg06

Hi,

I'm coming to Thailand on Friday and was just wondering what's the best company to use when buying a sim card. I will need the internet on my phone as I don't have a laptop so this is probably the most important thing. In Ireland i'm on top up my phone by 20 euro a month and have free unlimited internet usage and free sms to any numbers. Is there anything like this available in Thailand? And most of my time will be spent in and around Chiang Mai if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!

I have since 2 year true move 599 bath month in the beginning it was unlimited always at full speed in the meantime it go down to 30 kb when I reach 3 gb!

Did Ais and Dtac also chancel there real unlimited data package or still avalible for how much?

How about the hdspa coverage in Thailand?

When you have a data flat I am using voice over ip apps on iPhone 5 euro month for 80 h to most land line in Europe and 10€ worldwide also Thai mobile include over 60h SMS I can send free to every country!

Here in Austria I pay 7,50€ for one month 1000 minutes 1000 SMS and 1 gb free!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

I have since 2 year true move 599 bath month in the beginning it was unlimited always at full speed in the meantime it go down to 30 kb when I reach 3 gb!

Did Ais and Dtac also chancel there real unlimited data package or still avalible for how much?

How about the hdspa coverage in Thailand?

When you have a data flat I am using voice over ip apps on iPhone 5 euro month for 80 h to most land line in Europe and 10€ worldwide also Thai mobile include over 60h SMS I can send free to every country!

Here in Austria I pay 7,50€ for one month 1000 minutes 1000 SMS and 1 gb free!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

TrueMove no longer offers 3G, you would have to port to TrueMove H if you want 3G, or get a new SIM from TrueMove H. TrueMove H seems to have a fair-use speed-limit of 128 Kbps once one reaches their threshold.

Your other questions are addressed in the links already provided.