Swedish Man Arrested For Allegedly Killing New Zealand Tourist In Pattaya

webfact

Swedish man arrested for allegedly killing New Zealand tourist in Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A Swedish man was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly stabbed a New Zealand man to death following a bar fight, police said.

Police arrested Andreas Ringvall, 40, and charged him with murdering Robert E Hollick, 43, from New Zealand.

Hollick was stabbed three times at his neck and back. He was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Following the attack at 1:40 am, Ringvall and his Thai girlfriend, Dao Pholutsa, 26, were captured by local people and were handed over to police.

Mual Samat, 34, a taxi motorcyclist, told police that Ringvall had a quarrel with Hollick after Dao played with Hollick's pet dog inside a bar. Mual said after Ringval sent his girlfriend back to his room, he returned to the bar and attacked Hollick with a knife.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-21

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

killing someone because your girlfriend has played with his pet dog in a bar?

Really???

<Snip> tragic isn't it.

Possibly jealous, drunk, inadequate, whatever, but to return to the bar with a weapon and knife someone ? - thats brutal.

I hope this tumshee gets locked up for a long spell if he's found guilty.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 2

Strange this has not been reported in the NZ press that I have found. Shame on the NZ press. Could there be more to this story? Unless the Swede was really over it drowned in alcohol, I don't know a sane person that would react this way.

I found it is quite difficult avoiding aggressive people at times in Thailand, because you do not know the guy you are saying a friendly hello to at the bar, restaurant or the club. Because they come from different cultures, it is harder to "sniff out" Jabba the Hutt, you may believe you are talking with Princess Laya, but infact you are talking with a Wookie..

• Like 1

Lets hope he is given the death penalty. An "eye for an eye!"

Yes, given the success of death penalties, cruel punishments (drawing & quartering, floggings etc) in wiping out crime..............hang on it didn't wipe it out at all, did it?

If found guilty of pre meditated murder im Thailand it is an automatic death sentence but often gets reprieved to life if plead guilty & show remorse. Anyway another senseless & brutal crime with a tragic outcome.

I started typing my thoughts but really the story says it all - killing a man because the girl you are with happened to pet another man's dog, &lt;deleted&gt; what a complete tw@t. Evidently the swede has major emotional issues, somehow I doubt his new partners inside will be quite so protective should he decide to stroke another man's pet...

RIP Kiwi, what a totally needless waste of life.

Why did it bother the dogs owner so much the lady playing with his dog unless she was paying with it the same way she plays with the Viking's. They cannot hold their beer, he will not be tasting any beer for a long long time now, the silly shit.

15 to 20 yrs for sure on this one, he will not have anyone to bring him a bit of food as his lady will do a walky for a replacement. So sorry for the home land guy.

Kiwi Kenny

Yes, given the success of death penalties, cruel punishments (drawing & quartering, floggings etc) in wiping out crime..............hang on it didn't wipe it out at all, did it?

I think he round rather hang then spend 25 to life in a Thai monkey house.
  • Like 1

I think he round rather hang then spend 25 to life in a Thai monkey house.

would

I agree to you all, what you are saying. I am a swedish guy living here and I am a shame at this moment to call my self swedish.

This asshol_e may be the result of the swedish grandiose treatment of idiots there. We ran out of money and let out all the morons on the street... solly....

Deathpenalty is a wise decision, and I concur....

Glegolo

• Like 1

I found it is quite difficult avoiding aggressive people at times in Thailand, because you do not know the guy you are saying a friendly hello to at the bar, restaurant or the club. Because they come from different cultures, it is harder to "sniff out" Jabba the Hutt, you may believe you are talking with Princess Laya, but infact you are talking with a Wookie..

Totally agree, a good friend recently picked up who appeared to be a pretty and sane bar girl in a Patong club.... they left the club and an hour later I get a phone call from my friend, in desperation because the girl had disappeared into his hotel bathroom and returned 5 mins later a total lunatic wielding a razor blade, tried to slash his face up and then became hell bent on throwing herself off the balcony to her doom. The poor guy didn't know what to do and resorted to sitting on her and calling me for help... evidently she had taken something in the bathroom and a sudden Jekyll/ Hyde transformation took place.

Still gives me shivers now, last I saw her in the club she was smiling widely and walking arm in arm with my mate, then I open the hotel room door to see her wide eyed and frothing at the mouth like a wild animal. We literally had to carry her out the room and out the hotel. God knows what would have happened had she actually managed to throw herself out the window but I don't expect it would have gone well for my friend.

A word to the wise, in Thailand expect the unexpected... it's a jungle out there, literally.

• Like 2