Lack Of Complimentary Internet At Suvarnabhumi?

robkey69

I know someone will reply saying, "I've never had trouble." and my response is, "You're misrepresenting the situation entirely."

Actually, you are misrepresenting the situation since even this idiot (me) can do it. As many already pointed out, once you've passed immigration, go find the information booth, sign up and get the user id and pw for free internet connection.

I go through once or twice a month and do check my work emails at the airport using this. It ain't fast but it is free.

Nosir, not the case. Airport Free Wifi and WLAN Net were both available sporadically. I managed to connect to them here and there, but they were actually so slow that even when I could get a signal it wouldn't authenticate. I could load about 10% of the page and then it would just choke, with the signal going in and out intermittently. I thought it might just be the iPhone's wifi (unlikely, but possible) so I unpacked the laptop in a trouble spot - same problem. I made a point of wandering around to test it after my last post as I anticipated the "Nah, it works fine" folks to show up. Sometimes, in some places it works fine. That's kind of silly for a major airport (though, as I said, still better than most of the airports I visit in the US).

Meanwhile, things were peachy in PNH. Sat down, clicked through one un-crowded and obvious screen and it worked fine. I'll be running through HK soon, then a couple of American airports later in the year. I'll poke around to see how it goes.

I'm in the airport now (have some time to kill before my flight later today)

I have been for a wander around to several different concourses. No problem connecting to the free airport wifi at each one.

Currently I'm in the public lounge area adjacent to the start of F concourse.

Full signal, speed is okay - not brilliantly quick, but loading pages fast enough...

Mobile also working fine.

So I am going to be one of emilyb's "Nah, it works fine" folks....

Nah, it works fine....

Edited to add screenshots for the list of wireless networks (showing Airport Free Wifi as one of the SSID's), and also the splash page where you enter your free voucher details.

One hour free is provided - today I asked them for 2 vouchers and they obliged....

post-136-0-06215000-1346747698_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-25822700-1346747723_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-02284100-1346747795_thumb.jpg

Edited by SeaVisionBurma

• 3 weeks later...