I'Ve Been The Victim Of An Unprovoked Violent Attack.

GuestHouse

Believe it or not, monkeys have a phobia of crocodiles. They are even scared silly even of a picture of a crocodile. I went to visit some cave somewhere in Rachburi, and the vendors lend you (for free, if you buy a drink or something from their stall rolleyes.gif ) a picture of a crocodile to leave on the dash of your car. With that there, the monkeys don't go within 20 feet of your car.

I joke you not, it actually worked. tongue.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you pay with peanuts instead of monkey nuts? If so, I'd be one p*ssed off monkey too whistling.gif

Monkeys can be vicious creatures and their bites and scratches can do serious damage. One temple i used to visit had many monkeys and dogs all of varying sizes and to see the dogs and monkeys fight was like a scene from bedlam with fur flying and blood spraying.

Very handy you found a lump of wood so you could face down your attacker. Maybe something similar on your next trip might come in handy, or a bag of monkey nuts laced with something nasty but fast acting.

Anybody who rides a bicycle in Thailand is an idiot !!

Didn't you mean, anyone who posts inappropriate comments on TVF...

I ride a bicycle in Thailand and so does my partner and son and I am the only idiot out of the three of us so your comment is flawed .

• Like 2

Anybody who rides a bicycle in Thailand is an idiot !!

I agree. The local intelligentsia all know unicycles are far more practical for navigating one's way through the busy traffic and back sois.

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

• Like 2

A good shot of pepper spray in the face would fix their furry little asses. The next few minutes of watching them try to climb, run, swing and jump and always crashing into stuff would be pretty funny.

I figure that pepper spray would be the solution to the Soi dog threads too. The Britih Columbia Fish and Wildlife department recommends it for all outdoorsmen who might encounter a wild animal.

post-18167-0-89553000-1345625252_thumb.j

What's absolutely clear is that you must step up, man up, grab your balls, be a man, manly man, dont take no for an answer, wash on alternate wednesdays, and hit him in the face.

On the other hand, its cultural, you dont get it, you couldnt possibly fathom what youve done wrong but its not dissimilar to the worst thing imaginable, so its best to give in and take a good beating before giving him all your money and your first born daughter.

p.s. cheapest lesson you've ever learned

p.p.s hit him so he doesnt get back up.

Edited by OxfordWill
  • Like 1

Please report this monkey to the Soi Monkey Rescue Foundation so that it can receive treatment and reintroduction into a less abusive life in a shelter where the people truly care for th - What? There isn't a Soi Monkey Rescue Foundation? Oh no.

Guesthouse.... Definitely that expensive gear he was after! Wondering where this happened. Years ago I used to ride to an overlook near Bang Saen Beach and they would jump on your back from trees due to people feeding them so much. Not a pleasant experience at all.

I've had dogs all my life, I've never ever had a problem with dogs, even out riding they might bark and occasionally give a half hearted chase, but I've never had a real nasty dog attack to deal with.

This monkey attack was viscous.

Sticky situation you were in wink.png

RAZZ

• Like 1

My weapon of choice would be crossbow.

There are two weapons that are acceptable for monkey hunting;

A ridiculously low velocity yet noisy gun or a walnut in a jam jar.

SC

Thoughts of getting glassed by a p1ssed-off monkey with a walnut. How would you ever live that down?...........rolleyes.gif

My weapon of choice would be crossbow.

There are two weapons that are acceptable for monkey hunting;

A ridiculously low velocity yet noisy gun or a walnut in a jam jar.

SC

Thoughts of getting glassed by a p1ssed-off monkey with a walnut. How would you ever live that down?...........rolleyes.gif

It needs to be a jam jar so he can see the walnut.