Best Embassy In Cambodia For 60 Day Thai Visa

I need to get a 60 day tourist visa in Cambodia for Thailand. I was planning to go to Phnom Penh, but I read that they are very strict with their visas. I am coming from the Koh Kong border near Trat, Thailand. Are there any other areas the same distance or even a little further than Phnom Penh that are known as being less problematic for issuing 60 day Thai visas?

There is never more than one Thai Embassy in any country. But there may be more than one Consulate (they issue visas). But in the case of Cambodia it is at the Embassy only. In Laos there is a consulate in Vientiane, where Embassy is, and another in Savannakhet.

• Like 1

In Principle the Royal Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh will issue a single entry tourist visa.

It just takes longer than the usual overnight service at other Thai Embassies or Consulates.

Use a agent or go to the gate and negotiate with the guard.

In most cases you will be asked to show a air ticket from Phnom Penh back into Thailand.

Official price is USD40.-, but expect to pay more if you want express service. Maximum around USD65.-.

• Like 1

In Principle the Royal Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh will issue a single entry tourist visa.

It just takes longer than the usual overnight service at other Thai Embassies or Consulates.

In most cases you will be asked to show a air ticket from Phnom Penh back into Thailand.

Official price is USD40.-, but expect to pay more if you want express service. Maximum around USD65.-.

Thanks visarunner

I got a 60 day tourist visa there a couple of months ago,using an agency(Lucky Lucky on Monivong Blvd) The official price direct from the Embassy is 40USD,the agency quoted 45USD for a 4 day turnaround,or 55USD for 48 hours.No drama,passport back,with visa,as promised

• Like 1

The guard at the embassy will do it for ~$60, 2 days, no airline ticket, just your passport and 1 pic (plus the cash, up front). He'll give you a slip of paper with the ready date, and his phone #. Last time, he even offered to drop it at our guesthouse, but we went a bit early on the due date, and he had it ready at the guard shack.

Piece of cake.

Edited by Sateev

• 1 year later...

I got a 60 day tourist visa there a couple of months ago,using an agency(Lucky Lucky on Monivong Blvd) The official price direct from the Embassy is 40USD,the agency quoted 45USD for a 4 day turnaround,or 55USD for 48 hours.No drama,passport back,with visa,as promised

How many tourist visas did you have in your passport already?

I have three, do you think this will this be an issue?

• 4 months later...

Expect terrible service, angry moody staff, longest waiting times up to 5 days, horrible attitude if you apply anything at the Thai embassy phnom phen.

Totally unnecessary. It ruins your trip to phnom phen. Which is a very nice place and worth going to. I just dont know why they are like this here. No one gains anything from it. It's crazy

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm planning on traveling soon to Phnom Penh for another 60 days. I'd like to use one of the agencies there to get the express service of a 48 hour turnaround. For those of you who have done it with an agency, did you contact them before arriving ? I'd like to get all my ducks in a row before I fly out. Otherwise I'm unsure as to how long to book a room, not to mention scheduling the flight out.

Thanks for any help.

Jellydog I highly recommend buying 1 way tickets so that you are prepared incase it's faster or slower that you had planned

Or pay extra and get a flexible ticket

The fastest way to get the express service is actually to give your application to the security guard outside.

Next time I will use the guard outside he can do everything for you. You have to pay him up front. He will have your passport and visa ready for collection within 48hrs not including week ends they close Sat-Sun

every travel agent in PP will be able to get u a thai tourist visa, there are plenty on riverside bewtween street 104 and 178

I hvae used the front desk at the hometown hotel where i stay on street 172

Starting at $45 for 3 days wait and add $5 for every day faster.

Why go all the way to the embassy and pay the guard> the reason to use an agent is so u DO NOT have to visit the Embassy

• Like 1

Yes Phuket Richard has a valid point but if it's a business visa your not there for tourism got just need the visa as quick as humanly possible and get back to work in Thailand so I thought that going directly to the embassy straight from the airport would possibly avoid me staying an extra night at least. I just wanted it ASAP

If time is not an issue I recommend Phuket Richards way. Then kick back and relax and enjoy 5 days in the beautiful phnom phen without the stress of dealing with those horrible embassy staff

Yep, I've used the same agency with same results. Easy peezy

I went to the Thai Embassy in Cambodia for my Ed Visa. It took a week and the staff was absolutely rude and useless, which is why i won't use that consulate again. Phnom Pehn as a city is really nice though. If you do decide to go there be wary of the guy in uniform directly in front of the Embassy in the little empty hut, he does NOT work for the embassy and will tell you that it is closed, i went anyway and it was not in fact closed.

I've heard that they only offer a single tourist visa as others in this forum have pointed out, but Vientienne offers a double, takes a single night and is hassle free. On the other hand I had a lot more fun in Cambodia as it's nightlife seemed slightly more robust than Vientienne, not to mention the many tourist attractions and the Russian market (extremely cheap clothing directly from the source) as well, so they both have their pros and cons.

I went to the Thai Embassy in Cambodia for my Ed Visa. It took a week and the staff was absolutely rude and useless, which is why i won't use that consulate again. Phnom Pehn as a city is really nice though. If you do decide to go there be wary of the guy in uniform directly in front of the Embassy in the little empty hut, he does NOT work for the embassy and will tell you that it is closed, i went anyway and it was not in fact closed.

I've heard that they only offer a single tourist visa as others in this forum have pointed out, but Vientienne offers a double, takes a single night and is hassle free. On the other hand I had a lot more fun in Cambodia as it's nightlife seemed slightly more robust than Vientienne, not to mention the many tourist attractions and the Russian market (extremely cheap clothing directly from the source) as well, so they both have their pros and cons.

When did you go ? Did you get ED visa at the end or was rejected ?

Expect terrible service, angry moody staff, longest waiting times up to 5 days, horrible attitude if you apply anything at the Thai embassy phnom phen.

Totally unnecessary. It ruins your trip to phnom phen. Which is a very nice place and worth going to. I just dont know why they are like this here. No one gains anything from it. It's crazy

Could not agree more!

The most miserable Embassy known to man, don't expect to get any help there.

And for gods sake don't ask a question!

I have been to the Thai consulate in Savanakhet and experienced no difficulties. Go early in the morning about 8:30 Am. the consulate closes at 11:30 AM. Be prepared to stay over one night in a local hotel. Surin Suk was a good hotel that we stayed in. I know of one farang who goes there regularly and I directed another fellow there who had no problems.

I have a Thai retirement Visa now so I have no need to go there at this time but would not hesitate to go again. My Thai wife assists me and she works for the government so has many friends in the bureaucratic service.

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, I've just been to the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh this morning to apply for a 60 day tourist visa.

I had one photo with me, and my flight itinerary for Saturday, response, fine come and collect it tomorrow 4pm. I didn't even have to fill the form in, very helpful, and friendly, and $50 all in.

• Like 1

Woodie, Maybe they have been reading about their poor reputation and Someone has shaken them up? Or maybe Ferang applications have been quiet so they decided to be nice now

• Like 1