Cat Corp. E-phone And Voip

bolognamare

I read that is possible to make international voice calls using the VOIP technology with low costs from LOS too, where the service is called E-phone and it is managed only from CAT Corporation offered to 18 ISP (Internet Service Providers).

(source : www.apstar.org/busan/Donya-VOIP.ppt)

I'm evaluating to use this cheap way to make phone calls from Phuket for two months.

Has anyone tried that VOIP way from Thailand?

I have found mobile phones too (Zyxel) that use the VOIP standard.

Can you help me to understand better how to use (with or without a mobile phone) easily this new standard to make voice calls.

Thanks in advance! :o

Edited by bolognamare

Can you help me to understand better how to use (with or without a mobile phone) easily this new standard to make voice calls.

Assuming you have a computer and a ADSL connection, why not try Skype or Voipbuster? Typically, these services offer rates FAR BELOW what TOT offers us. For example, I use Voipbuster and can call many countries for free, and most others for only 1 Euro cent per minute, calls to mobiles are the exception where it's usually about 15 Euro cents. Further, Voipbuster will give you your own free phone number so people can call you (you foot the bill, but it's the same rate). Skype does similar things, but it's not compatible with our Asterisk based IPPBX, so we don't use it, still, you will probably find Skype is a good choice to start with.

The biggest problem with VOIP, in Thailand at least, is the int'l internet link is over-saturated most of the time so you never can tell if you will get a good quality connection or not.

Assuming you have a computer and a ADSL connection, why not try Skype or Voipbuster? Typically, these services offer rates FAR BELOW what TOT offers us. For example, I use Voipbuster and can call many countries for free, and most others for only 1 Euro cent per minute, calls to mobiles are the exception where it's usually about 15 Euro cents. Further, Voipbuster will give you your own free phone number so people can call you (you foot the bill, but it's the same rate). Skype does similar things, but it's not compatible with our Asterisk based IPPBX, so we don't use it, still, you will probably find Skype is a good choice to start with.

The biggest problem with VOIP, in Thailand at least, is the int'l internet link is over-saturated most of the time so you never can tell if you will get a good quality connection or not.

I use Skype 2.1 cents a Min to the US and now am also using Voipstunt as with it you deposit 10 euros into your account but you may never use it because calls to US and 39 other countries are free to Landlines as well as Mobiles Just talked to California from Pattaya 54 Mins FREE good sound and no disconnects as well.

Free Calling

• 1 month later...

I use Skype 2.1 cents a Min to the US and now am also using Voipstunt as with it you deposit 10 euros into your account but you may never use it because calls to US and 39 other countries are free to Landlines as well as Mobiles Just talked to California from Pattaya 54 Mins FREE good sound and no disconnects as well.

Free Calling

calls to Mobiles on Voipstunt are not free to all destinations including UK. Check their rate table.

calls to Mobiles on Voipstunt are not free to all destinations including UK. Check their rate table.

I made 2 calls yesterday from Italy to south Russia, one hour for less than 1,00 euro. :o

voipstunt is very good, do you know other good alternatives?