And Here Is The New Galaxy Note 2

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the original Note and would consider upgrading if I could sell my existing one so the changeover would cost me 5-6000 baht.

I love my Note and would not want any other phone with a smaller screen, but the extra RAM and bigger battery of the Note 2 are the main attractions for me.

Plus, if it is similar to the SIII (in the same way that the Note is similar to the SII), then the camera should be a fair bit better with no shutter lag and it hopefully has the Wolfson DAC.

• Like 1

I am not sure about it....

Too big as phone and too small as tablet.

But maybe better than carry a table AND a phone?

Tell that to the ten million people who bought the original Note. ;)

Many, many critics of the original concept, including many tech. analysts, gurus, pundits look like doofii, but clearly customers weren't swayed by the "nattering nabobs of negativism". :)

The Note 2 looks very, very nice. Another huge win for Samsung.

• Like 2

That's an issue with a lot of smartphones and tablets nowdays. For me I want a smartphone that still easily fits in my pants pocket, don't feel too large in my pocket, don't feel like I'm putting a rectangular plate up to me ear, and around a 4 to 5 inch screen max. For a tablet I want it big like around 10 inches. Anything in-between don't interest me. But hey, different people buy different sizes for various reasons...to each his/her own...manufacturers wouldn't make them if there wasn't a market for them.

If the Note 2 is too big for you don't buy it. If it doesn't fit in your pants pocket then don't buy it. If it doesn't interest you then don't buy it.

The Note Note 2 are't all that much bigger than the SGS3

I think more and more people are using headsets for basic voice functionality with larger phones and tablets. It does seem kind of silly to give up all that smartphone capability while you wedge it up against your ear. ;) Why not use a wireless headset to handle calls and be able to use the other features of the smartphone at the same time?

The new Samsung Tab2 (10.1") supports GSM calling, I'm not even sure the mic and speakers are oriented for use held up to your head. ;)

Given the success of the N7, and other 7" format tablets, and Apple's upcoming launch of the miniPad, it seems obvious to most there is a huge market for larger format devices. That these seem to resonate with a significant number of people whose requirements are different from our own is also obvious.

• Like 1

They said it would be released in october (Europe). But I read that there are rumors that the release in India is in late September.

I will be in Thailand from mid-september to mid-october. Wondering if I can buy it in Bangkok...hope so at least.

Can someone head over to the official Samsung store at Siam Paragon, and ask them when the Galaxy Note 2 will be available?

I would do it myself, but I am not in BKK right now.

If you want an official localized product it might end up being mid-October, best case.

How would it be localised? Change the language to Thai?

Localizing a product is a fairly complicated process involving thousands of activities taken on/managed by the local subsidiary. In addition to creating a specific release (N7100nnnTHL), local regulatory requirements, packaging, user's guide, documentation, warranty, spares, repair, training, sales, logistics, marketing, partner training, launch, co-marketing and countless other actions.

If the past is any reliable predictor of the future then there will be grey-market imports here for at least 4 - 6 weeks ahead of the official, localized product. There may also be a requirement to spin down inventory of the original Note prior to launching it, so that can delay things a bit. Or maybe a service provider is an exclusive launch partner and then there may be a wait while they ready that launch.

• Like 1

That's an issue with a lot of smartphones and tablets nowdays. For me I want a smartphone that still easily fits in my pants pocket, don't feel too large in my pocket, don't feel like I'm putting a rectangular plate up to me ear, and around a 4 to 5 inch screen max. For a tablet I want it big like around 10 inches. Anything in-between don't interest me. But hey, different people buy different sizes for various reasons...to each his/her own...manufacturers wouldn't make them if there wasn't a market for them.

Am thinking about getting a Note2, won't bluetooth solve the problem of holding it up to your ear?

....is this an advertisement...or someone showing off his new toy....or perk......

....I bought 2 Samsung 'Champs' for my daughters....both units have been repaired repeatedly, then, 'out of commission' in less than 3 months....

.....very disappointing.....

But maybe better than carry a table AND a phone?

Tell that to the ten million people who bought the original Note. ;)

Many, many critics of the original concept, including many tech. analysts, gurus, pundits look like doofii, but clearly customers weren't swayed by the "nattering nabobs of negativism". :)

The Note 2 looks very, very nice. Another huge win for Samsung.

nattering nabobs of negatism! poetry in thailand is a rare and welcome innovation...ty

im going to get one of these. Tablets are useless to me, im a guy and dont carry a handbag. If i carry a bag, its big enough for my laptop so i cant see point in tablet.

One of these would be very useful, i can check up on my emails while out and about look stuff up on the web if necessary and use the gps

....is this an advertisement...or someone showing off his new toy....or perk......

....I bought 2 Samsung 'Champs' for my daughters....both units have been repaired repeatedly, then, 'out of commission' in less than 3 months....

.....very disappointing.....

I love my Samsung phone(s), but in all honesty it seems to be hit and miss a bit reading reviews and comments.

My first one (galaxy gio) bought as a try out for android went strong until I liked the system enough to upgrade to the bigger/faster galaxy s plus.

That one had an issue after 2 weeks (worked ok but screen bezel came loose/squeeky when pushed).

Received an on the spot replacement in the shop, although this is not Samsung policy, but simply good service from the shop I bought (standard open stall in TukCom I always go), normal procedure would be to send to Samsung Bkk and wait fot repair/ replacement.

So positive for me although not neceseraly by virtue of Samsung but rather excellent service by the shop I bought. They did however say they were happy/confident to do this as they always had been covered by Samsung correctly apart from the 2 to 3 week wait.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App