New Kawi Z-800 Leaked From Thailand?

bbradsby

375 k is cool price, hope to see this way but i think it will start with 390 k.

and why kawasaki do not offer ABS? as for this price and bike i expect an ABS.

Sure, it will steal the sales of duc and er6n/f. It is a superior bike from them.

Some of the guys i know are selling their er6n/fs to buy z800.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

375 k is cool price, hope to see this way but i think it will start with 390 k.

and why kawasaki do not offer ABS? as for this price and bike i expect an ABS.

Sure, it will steal the sales of duc and er6n/f. It is a superior bike from them.

Some of the guys i know are selling their er6n/fs to buy z800.

Not sure yet about the ABS but I know the Z800 is available elsewhere

with or without ABS which is how I think all bikes should be sold.

I personally will never buy an ABS bike myself

It is too bad too that recently Ducati stopped selling the Monster without ABS if

you wanted it that way it use to be available.

Edited by mania

thanks mania.

wow, finally, 375 is really cool price!!!

hope they do not charge 30 k for ABS. 15 k is fair.

ABS is something good for me as i am commuting under rain on wet plates everyday, just some peace of mind especially on a high power bike like this!

It is a nice looking bike, hate kawa to make it that psychologically heavy:( i commute everyday and for 6 days a week in Central Bangkok and cannot justify to carry a 230 kg bike, just cannot use its full potential in Bangkok.

Still, i am sure there will be lots of happy riders who does not care it is heavy or not.

Overall, i am happy last three years to see that many big bikes in Thailand. We were just dreaming for these kind of bikes before so kudos for Kawa and other makers for making riders happy!

Edited by ll2

ABS video

ABS propaganda nonsense for folks who do not know how to ride.

Funny too how they show folks sliding out in turns etc.

Really to each their own but not for me

PS: 2nd video is even funnier than the first

Let me add that you only ever see this type of ABS advertising video showing straight line

panic stopping on a wet surface.

Only a fool would grab a big handful/footful of brake in that situation & needs to go back

to square one & learn to ride

Lest see them show a rider avoiding an object in a turn & see how ABS works

It does not. ABS works when your already in trouble. When you have locked a wheel

& do not have the common sense to let it regain traction by releasing the brake.

ABS works/depends solely on a wheel locking or turning 10-20% slower than the other on motorcycles.

Yet a seasoned rider will have many reasons to want that exact scenario.

Which is why you will also never see ABS equipped bikes on a track.

I am not saying the road is a track but I am saying there are many rider who not only do not need ABS but do not

want it for various reasons

If your a new rider & rather not learn proper braking techniques by all means it may help you in a straight line panic stop.

Or you can learn to brake & actually stop better,sooner without it.

But to the folks who will rely on ABS please realize in a turn it will not help you at all so do not rely on it.

If your leaned & use that ham fisted brake technique designed to be softened by ABS you will go down period.

Edited by mania

Yes, a good rider can do well on either an ABS or Non ABS bike. This video proves it, as one of the riders had the same stopping distances with both bikes.

While I'm no noob, I am certainly not an expert either. I like ABS because it takes the guess work out of how hard or how soft to brake.

Yes, a good rider can do well on either an ABS or Non ABS bike. This video proves it, as one of the riders had the same stopping distances with both bikes.

While I'm no noob, I am certainly not an expert either. I like ABS because it takes the guess work out of how hard or how soft to brake.

This is the problem IMHO

It is not guess work it is skills that should be mastered by any rider in all situations

If not then folks should next go full auto on their transmissions too.

But many who have ridden decades are not happy to have these idiot proofed bikes

with their reduced capabilities & feel forced on them. It is a hindrance to skills & limits choices/ styles of riding

All I ask/hope is the big manufacturers do not knuckle under to liability BS take no personal responsibility

type lawsuits & always make ABS an option a rider can opt in or out of.

Edited by mania

ABS video

ABS propaganda nonsense for folks who do not know how to ride.

Funny too how they show folks sliding out in turns etc.

Really to each their own but not for me

PS: 2nd video is even funnier than the first

Let me add that you only ever see this type of ABS advertising video showing straight line

panic stopping on a wet surface.

Only a fool would grab a big handful/footful of brake in that situation & needs to go back

to square one & learn to ride

Lest see them show a rider avoiding an object in a turn & see how ABS works

It does not. ABS works when your already in trouble. When you have locked a wheel

& do not have the common sense to let it regain traction by releasing the brake.

ABS works/depends solely on a wheel locking or turning 10-20% slower than the other on motorcycles.

Yet a seasoned rider will have many reasons to want that exact scenario.

Which is why you will also never see ABS equipped bikes on a track.

I am not saying the road is a track but I am saying there are many rider who not only do not need ABS but do not

want it for various reasons

If your a new rider & rather not learn proper braking techniques by all means it may help you in a straight line panic stop.

Or you can learn to brake & actually stop better,sooner without it.

But to the folks who will rely on ABS please realize in a turn it will not help you at all so do not rely on it.

If your leaned & use that ham fisted brake technique designed to be softened by ABS you will go down period.

I agree that learning proper braking techniques is important. One should not rely on ABS alone. I ride an ABS bike, but all my training has been on a Non-ABS bike. You would release the brake in a rear wheel lock situation? I was always taught to stay on the brake and steer the bike straight until you come to a stop. For front wheel lock you are supposed to release the brake gradually until you regain traction and then reapply the brake.

Edited by SumetCycle

You would release the brake in a rear wheel lock situation?

I was always taught to stay on the brake and steer the bike straight until you come to a stop.

For front wheel lock you are supposed to release the brake gradually until you regain traction and then reapply the brake.

I would not likely lock it in the first place but if I did

I would feel it & immediately release it & start the reapply

There is absolutely no point in leaving a brake locked as you have absolutely no control of it

once locked. You have lost 100% traction & now are traveling as if on ice.

I cannot imagine someone is telling a person stay on it till stopped. I guess they assume

this person does not have the ability to cycle thru to the proper.

I mean your basically just along for the ride once locked & if not exactly vertical stand a good

chance of the back swapping places with the front & sliding out or worse being sideways & then biting

At which point you are instantly vaulted in what is known as a classic high side

Which is about the worse way you will ever exit the bike.

The snap is violent & gives you no choices in how your going to fly or land.

As for releasing gradually again no point what so ever.

There is nothing to gain by a slow release from a locked position. It is

just wasting precious time to reapply the brake properly & maintain control

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

no need to discuss the advantages or disadvantages of an ABS.

As a guy riding sometime, i learned how to brake on non ABS bikes of course but now i have an ABS bike and i love its worry free ride especially for my wet morning commute. I do not want to think too much about braking on a commute, i just want comfort and piece of mind.

Still, it rarely gets engaged as i brake accordingly so i do not lose my skills. If it engages, i brake softer there again.

AT a track, who cares ABS? You will never do an emergency braking there of course or the asphalt will be clean there still i see many track bikes holding an ABS nowadays.

Yep, ABS is killing the braking mastery especially for new riders. They will get braking mastery very late as they do not need to be a master of braking as ABS does it for you. This is also dangerous as any rider in this world needs to know how to ride a non ABS bike.

Edited by ll2

Awesome price for the bike. Kawasaki is on quite a roll, aren't they? First with the 250 bikes; first with the affordable midsized bikes, first first first.

I think that the 30K is a bit much for ABS; isn't it 15k on their other models? Honda, IIRC, has it at 15k option. While the modulator would have to be bigger, the controllers can all be the same.

I wonder if there's going to be people slagging the RPM gauge also much like they did with the CB*500 bikes...instead of just being happy there's all these new options available.

• Like 2

Awesome price for the bike. Kawasaki is on quite a roll, aren't they? First with the 250 bikes; first with the affordable midsized bikes, first first first.

I think that the 30K is a bit much for ABS; isn't it 15k on their other models? Honda, IIRC, has it at 15k option. While the modulator would have to be bigger, the controllers can all be the same.

I wonder if there's going to be people slagging the RPM gauge also much like they did with the CB*500 bikes...instead of just being happy there's all these new options available.

You could be right on the ABS option not being 30k

I just grabbed that number from Ducati because until recently they offered the 795

for 409k then the abs one for 439k

I never looked at what the others like Honda charged in price difference as I never noticed they had

both ABS & non ABS bikes available

But they did didn't they? Like the cbr250 had both yes?

Yes Kawasaki has been leading the charge for awhile now

Honda needs to up their game &

Yamaha should get into the game as their missing out the most.

You could be right on the ABS option not being 30k

I just grabbed that number from Ducati because until recently they offered the 795

for 409k then the abs one for 439k

I never looked at what the others like Honda charged in price difference as I never noticed they had

both ABS & non ABS bikes available

But they did didn't they? Like the cbr250 had both yes?

Yes Kawasaki has been leading the charge for awhile now

Honda needs to up their game &

Yamaha should get into the game as their missing out the most.

I could be wrong but I think the big jump in price from the non-ABS 795 to the ABS version also incorporated the increase in tax on motorbikes?

Wow, I was wrong......again! But will the Kawasaki 350k grow to 399k at Mityon in Pattaya? When the PCX150 came out Mityon were 8000baht dearer than were I bought mine a few months later.

Wow, I was wrong......again! But will the Kawasaki 350k grow to 399k at Mityon in Pattaya? When the PCX150 came out Mityon were 8000baht dearer than were I bought mine a few months later.

Kawasaki big bikes (mityon) will have the same prices as all the kawasaki big bike shops.

Looking a thai superbikes fb page. It looks like non-abs will be 350,000 can someone fluent confirm?

I also saw that price on facebook today, the picture I saw had two prices which I asked a colleague to translate, he said 350k for non-abs and 375k for abs smile.png

If that's the case then the non-ABS version is only 57k more than a Ninja650........ Ummmmmmm 650 sales will crash but i guess that's a good thing for kwaker, as servicing and maintaining this bike will net more profit

If that's the case then the non-ABS version is only 57k more than a Ninja650........ Ummmmmmm 650 sales will crash but i guess that's a good thing for kwaker, as servicing and maintaining this bike will net more profit

Someone from Thai Superbike did mention already that this will create some good buys on used 650's

I could be wrong but I think the big jump in price from the non-ABS 795 to the ABS version also incorporated the increase in tax on motorbikes?

That actually was after the 2013 tax increase & both models jumped

Before the non ABS monster was 399k

I still have the 2013 price list from right after the new tax jump