New Kawi Z-800 Leaked From Thailand?

bbradsby

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, who's put a deposit down on one? I figured we'd have seen several orders from members so far.

I don't know I have not seen too many excited about this one posts.

I know initially there were but once the actual product came even with a good

price I have not seen any ooo & ahhs

Edited by mania

The first 10 buyer get 2 girls with every bike tongue.png

1185583_471353956305224_1225504535_n.jpg

Well they can keep the old slapper.....but I would be happy to talk business with the dreamy eyed lassie!

Edited by BSJ

Well they can keep the old slapper.....but I would be happy to talk business with the dreamy eyed lassie!

Sorry BSJ those two are gone with that guy already

Actually they did not expect to sell so many bikes today.

They only have these two party girls left laugh.png

• Like 1

Kind of dramatic music smile.png

but this one sold today looks like for cash in Chiangmai

Rides out of shop with pillion but no helmets, no rear view mirrors and no tail piece with blinkers or number plate. Situation normal!

• Like 1

Rides out of shop with pillion but no helmets, no rear view mirrors and no tail piece with blinkers or number plate. Situation normal!

I think that may have been a little staged show for the camera.

I think that guy is from the H2Shop/Race team up here in Chiangmai

If it is this guy looks like they have the bike out at Bonanza already

1233539_710590448966570_1666931718_n.jpg

Ok can someone who is good in math go to gearing commander and see what you get? i used 15/45 10200 rpm but wasnt anywhere close to 250 kpm. either i suck at math or these guys were going down a mountain. I think i suck at math...

No Z800 yet so I took a Z750 & loaded your gearing 15/45

But really we need all the gear ratios

I will go see if they are around

attachicon.gifk.jpg

PS: That rpm line is 10,500 & showing 221 kph

Gearing commander is not accurate, and VERY misleading.

Ok can someone who is good in math go to gearing commander and see what you get? i used 15/45 10200 rpm but wasnt anywhere close to 250 kpm. either i suck at math or these guys were going down a mountain. I think i suck at math...

attachicon.gifk.jpg

Actually it is mathematical so in many is 100% accurate

But, of course one must remember it is giving gear inches which is an exact function

of X gear with a wheel X circumference will go X inches per revolution

But that is all

To that of course one must realize life is not a lab condition free of wind,inclines,rider weight & on & on

But as a baseline to tell you how far & fast a gear of X inches goes per rev it is exact

In real life of course there will always be variances. Rider weight, wind conditions & even whether a rider

know how to wind up an engine will all make a difference. So to that end there is no way for anyone or thing

to say what exact across the board speeds for any bike etc.

All you can have is a reference point & that is what this gearing commander is.

Just a tool showing a perfect gear inch calculation in a sterile setting if you will

Edited by mania

attachicon.gifk.jpg

yes but in most situations it will show max speed under ideal conditions. One would expect to go slower under normal conditions and thus the reason i call the video unrealistic.

Pretty sure the 800 is even higher than the Z1000 as well. And heavier. I can see a lot of these being lowered, the guy in the video was on tip toes even with a pillion pushing the rear end down...

Yes it is as the Z1000 has a 815mm seat height & the Z800 is 834mm

I did go by & look at them today. They had both colors in stock.

Asked how many they sold they said 1 & that is the one with pics above.

You know I knew it was heavy & heavier than the Z1000 by 11KG/25lbs due to the steel fame etc.

But taking it off its side stand I was not expecting the weight I felt.

That thing is not light wink.png

I know & have read how it disappears when riding & may even contribute to

stability as it is heavy/planted but still a bit of a shock initially for sure.

If anyone is tippy toe at stops they better pay attention as if this thing starts to get

the better of you at a stop due to inattention of the weight look out

Talking with a worker that rode it he said he liked it a lot but not as much as the Z1000

handling wise

^

this is why i never consider z800 although it looks great! what a miss:(

I am sure you do not feel the weight while going - naturally bc you are not holding the bike upright with your feet! - but i cannot imagine this bike in bangkok traffic and it is a naked so where else you can ride it in its intended purpose with full performance if it is not a city? not touring for sure, or not a track as it is heavy, not very tight tiwisties up north either!

this much weight is against the philosophy of a naked too.

i am sad really, this kind of beauty and a nice price but out of my list:(

Edited by ll2

Pretty sure the 800 is even higher than the Z1000 as well. And heavier. I can see a lot of these being lowered, the guy in the video was on tip toes even with a pillion pushing the rear end down...

Yes it is as the Z1000 has a 815mm seat height & the Z800 is 834mm

I did go by & look at them today. They had both colors in stock.

Asked how many they sold they said 1 & that is the one with pics above.

You know I knew it was heavy & heavier than the Z1000 by 11KG/25lbs due to the steel fame etc.

But taking it off its side stand I was not expecting the weight I felt.

That thing is not light wink.png

I know & have read how it disappears when riding & may even contribute to

stability as it is heavy/planted but still a bit of a shock initially for sure.

If anyone is tippy toe at stops they better pay attention as if this thing starts to get

the better of you at a stop due to inattention of the weight look out

Talking with a worker that rode it he said he liked it a lot but not as much as the Z1000

handling wise

Once lowered it would be different. Not too many 400lbs bike that start going could i stop. I just dont see the extra 25lbs making a sale. As discussed before at least half that could be shed by changing the exhaust and dumping the cat..

Yes it is not like I did not expect some weight as I knew it came in at 500+

but when I lifted it off the side stand I was really surprised. I guess I just didn't expect it.

I kind of giggled putting it back on its stand as an image flashed thru my mind of me dropping that one

& it falling into the black one next to it & knocking it down too.

I guess I would be banned or own 2-Z800's now laugh.png

Edited by mania

The tall seat and excess weight are a bad combination at lower speeds for sure. My gsxr is a little over 400 lbs wet and around 32" seat height and I've dropped it once (while stationary - sand on the floor and completely inappropriate footwear). Once it starts to go over it's difficult to stop especially in my case with no grip on my 'shoes' and a slippery surface underfoot. Luckily the frame sliders took the minor scratches, the bike was pretty much lowered to the ground with me slowing the fall on its way down.

Luckily no-one was watching :) but it was pretty heavy to pick up again. Wouldn't fancy it with an extra 100 lbs...

I mentioned before with the z1000, but I'm not 100% sure of what these bikes are actually aimed at. Hard work and heavy in the city, no fairing and a limited range for touring. Not a track beast for sure. I like them and I'd love to rent one for a couple of days, just not sure what I'd use it for long term...

• Like 1

I'm used to a heavy motorcycle- my bike is ~550lbs (stock it was 585lbs), and I don't find it much of a problem to handle- yes, it can be difficult to push around in neutral (especially uphill) but in stop-and-go traffic or slow speeds it's no big deal- if I couldn't flatfoot it i might have more of an issue, but a bike of ~500lbs like the Z800 is really not much to deal with.

I think the big deal being made of the Z800's weight is a little ridiculous- it's not an 800lb cruiser.

I'm used to a heavy motorcycle- my bike is ~550lbs (stock it was 585lbs), and I don't find it much of a problem to handle- yes, it can be difficult to push around in neutral (especially uphill) but in stop-and-go traffic or slow speeds it's no big deal- if I couldn't flatfoot it i might have more of an issue, but a bike of ~500lbs like the Z800 is really not much to deal with.

I think the big deal being made of the Z800's weight is a little ridiculous- it's not an 800lb cruiser.

I'm not wishing to criticize the z800, I like it and I'm glad Kawasaki is releasing bikes like this in Thailand. But the reason people talk about the weight is that it's a middleweight naked sportsbike/streetfighter. So the power to weight ratio is pretty significant IMO.

I'd go as far as to say that the weight of a bike makes more difference to me than the power once you get around the 100hp mark.

Look at the popularity of the ER6N- the Z800 is just over 10% heavier and puts out nearly 40% more horsepower- if I were looking at new bikes in the middleweight range at a sub-400K price-point, I think there's only one bike to choose if you want to get the most performance for your money- -I'll take an extra 25kg for another 40hp anytime when we're talking about a max weight of 500lbs.

Power-to-weight, what beats the Z800 for the price (up to 500K new in LOS)?

Edited by RubberSideDown

I do not think it is a big deal per se'

But if one is use to lighter it may come as a bit of a surprise

We always notice things by comparison. I have always had the RR type bikes

in the States so it is just something I notice when I rock a bike that is over 100

pounds more than anything I have experienced.

Yes it is not an 800 lb cruiser but it is no 360-400lb RR type either

360-400lbs? What bike are you talking about? That might be a manufacturer's claimed dry weight for a middle-weight, but even a Gixxer 750 weighs about ~450lbs wet- a tiny R6 weighs about 420lbs.

I come from another era smile.png

900RR they were 407 wet dry <edit just checked > stock but lighter when we were done with them

But I always preferred my 600rr

Now I think back & remember they were actually very close to each other in weight 600 & 900

Even a 2007 600rr stock was 156kg

I see they gained though as 2013 is listed as 185kg wet

Its all good. Some folks like lighter some like heavier some dont care either way.

Edited: I thought about it & memory may have been off a bit laugh.png

But yes I do remember the 900 was around that 400lb or less after mods & the 600 was very close

but I preferred the 600 mainly based on engine characteristics.

More rev based than torque based

Edited by mania