Nespresso Capsules In Pattaya?

bobobo

central festival has them

Do you know how much they are per capsule and which sorts they have? Coming to Thailand in few weeks and normally bring a load with me for friends, but if they have them at reasonable price and same sort, then I will have more space for other things.

I saw the Nespresso capsules in Central Beach. The price was above 400 THB for 10 capsule, something like 420 THB if I remember correctly. They also had several Nespresso machines on display.

The Krups Pixie was 18990.- THB, I have bought the same machine 8 weeks ago in Germany for 109.- Euro including a Aerocino (old model), that sells in Thailand for about 3000 THB alone.

The capsules and machines are cheaper at the above mentioned website, but still a lot more expensive compared with Europe or USA.

central festival has them

Do you know how much they are per capsule and which sorts they have? Coming to Thailand in few weeks and normally bring a load with me for friends, but if they have them at reasonable price and same sort, then I will have more space for other things.

Not sure of the prices, was in there about 3 weeks ago and noticed them, there was quite a few sorts on display

I saw the Nespresso capsules in Central Beach. The price was above 400 THB for 10 capsule, something like 420 THB if I remember correctly. They also had several Nespresso machines on display.

The Krups Pixie was 18990.- THB, I have bought the same machine 8 weeks ago in Germany for 109.- Euro including a Aerocino (old model), that sells in Thailand for about 3000 THB alone.

The capsules and machines are cheaper at the above mentioned website, but still a lot more expensive compared with Europe or USA.

Wow... that's expensive... here at home, I pay 50 Swiss cent per capsule... around 165 Baht for 10 capsules... so I'll continue to provide my friends with capsules from here, since I have also provided them with the machines wink.png

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

My Brother had one of those in the UK (still has in the garage) although the coffee was ok they are just to expensive and to much trouble to get ,shame . but i saw them being demonstrated here the other day ,i think it was in central.

While domesticated coffee drinkers might think that capsule coffee makes the perfect convenient cup, for those people on the run, they’re also the biggest coffee consumer ploy/ rip off in history, designed by coffee manufacturers to maintain control over the instant domestic/office coffee market.

A normal espresso coffee via barista machine contains at least 7 grams of freshly grounded coffee per cup. In stark comparison, try squeezing 7 grams of grounded coffee into a recycled capsule canister and see the results. You will be lucky to get 2.5 grams per capsule, if that, and what you will further discover is that these capsules contain instant coffee mostly mixed with the cheap strong robusta coffee bean.

This is because coffee cartels like ‘Nescafe’, have conned consumers into drinking the robusta bean for so long, and are worried about their future market share, since consumers are becoming more aware and more educated about drinking coffee. As a result, home consumers are now investing in their own domestic type espresso barista machine and coffee grinding machine.

Capsule coffee machines are a one hit wonder; destined to become a useless home appliance junk piece, soon to be a fad and coming to a museum near you.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I never understood why people buy capsule machines when you can buy an automatic espresso machine with built-in grinder and you can use the best coffee beans available here in Thailand. 500 baht for 1 kilo beans, thats a lot of coffee cups.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...
On 10/28/2013 at 5:46 AM, MK1 said:

While domesticated coffee drinkers might think that capsule coffee makes the perfect convenient cup, for those people on the run, they’re also the biggest coffee consumer ploy/ rip off in history, designed by coffee manufacturers to maintain control over the instant domestic/office coffee market.

A normal espresso coffee via barista machine contains at least 7 grams of freshly grounded coffee per cup. In stark comparison, try squeezing 7 grams of grounded coffee into a recycled capsule canister and see the results. You will be lucky to get 2.5 grams per capsule, if that, and what you will further discover is that these capsules contain instant coffee mostly mixed with the cheap strong robusta coffee bean.

This is because coffee cartels like ‘Nescafe’, have conned consumers into drinking the robusta bean for so long, and are worried about their future market share, since consumers are becoming more aware and more educated about drinking coffee. As a result, home consumers are now investing in their own domestic type espresso barista machine and coffee grinding machine.

Capsule coffee machines are a one hit wonder; destined to become a useless home appliance junk piece, soon to be a fad and coming to a museum near you.

A rip  off, I not know, but for sure expensive coffee.  But I am not burning my hands and go thru much trouble, that is the reason for success.  What you say about "instant coffee", you have proof to back this up?  In general the critics are not so bad at all for the quality of the cup. Sure, there is the enivrement question, tha tis not great, but is another story.

Sorry to get this old post, back out of the cellar, but always interesting, to use an existing post about the subject then to get a new one again

On 12/20/2013 at 7:31 AM, bolt said:

I just ordered some online from http://nespresso-thailand.com/ approx 30฿ per capsule, it took 3-4 days for delivery

That's where I buy mine from too.

My brother however, who is in Australia buys a much better product from Woolworths. It is compatible with the Nespresso system, tastes better, and works out at only 9 baht per capsule.

Capture.JPG

I know it's an old topic, but the information in this thread is still valid today.

If any other members can offer suggestions and/or alternatives, please add to the discussion.