Affordable Self Storage In Bangkok?

IsaanUSA

I was wondering if this type of thing existed in Thailand and came upon an old thread. I was wondering if anybody had any updated information regarding storage around Bangkok. Also it seems like an easy business to get into if your wives are looking for a way to make some extra money.

Original :

I'm travelling around trying to figure out where I'd like to get an apartment and I simply cannot go on taking all of my stuff from guesthouse to guesthouse, on trains, busses, boats, and planes-it's madness! I just need about a small closet's worth of space maybe in the 300-400B/month range. Is it possible? I found "Bangkok Self Storage" online but they want 2000B/month for a small space and I'm thinking for that I'd be expecting a bed and a western toilet in there.
I took a look too and found it WAYYYY too expensive for the space and service provided. Small closets where you have to pile your stuff high. It worked out much cheaper for me to rent a basic apartment, which is also central, at 3000 baht per month to store my condo contents with the ability to actually get to things when I need to.

Care to comment on them at all? I'm more looking for reviews from people that have used various services.

Sorry, my info. is not what you would like to know, misunderstand.

Before I was thinking as you about self storage, it is not difficult to create storage space for rent but how to manage it to prevent problem that may occur is a matter that must be considered.

I think like a case that i have rooms for rent, how I can control the tenants to be sure that they will not bring or keep any illegal things in the room, I can not ask them to open the luggage and check their belongings.

If you know your tenants and you think you can trust them, it is ok,...if not, you will need to find the solution to prevent it, contract?, deposit?,.... and when you charge higher price, it will be seem they can go to rent a room for 2,000 or 3,000 baht per month with bed and toilet, should be better than only storage.

It will be not so much cost for you, when you have already the place that you want to use as storage for rent and you can earn some extra income from it, but when you have to build it new to earn 300-500 baht per month (with bearing the risk like I said), it will take time for years to cover the cost you investment.

I called one company a few years a go to store a couch and love seat I hated in the house I rent. They came, took the stuff and never billed me or contacted me again. It's been at least three years, so I guess i'll just forget it and buy new stuff when I move out to replace them.