Dishonest Work Agency - Visa Problem

Wouldnt have thought the overstay would have any impact on her ed Visa, unless of course if they put a big red stamp in her PP and the consulate in India object to it.

For this, they need only a doctor, stating that she wasn't be able, to leave the country earlier! Not b/c of pregnancy, of course! ;-)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

It's been a long time since I started this topic but the story ended jut last week. We finaly lost our patience. The agency kept making excuses for not paying the salary. In the end we decided to go to the Department of Labour. Within a week we got our money back, all of it. And in the process we learned quite a lot about the labour laws in Thailand - might come in handy in the future.

To sum it up - if you ever have problems with your employer GO TO DOL. They help, a lot! It's good to have sb speaking Thai with you though...

As for the visa, we got my GF a medical extension and we still need to get another one before the delivery. More on that here:

Thanx for all the suggestions and information - you did help me save a substantial amount of money. Thank You!

• Like 1