Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

ABS stays there until you pass 20 km i think this was what they say.

But, oil indicator needs to blink off after some couple of seconds once you start your bike.

Indicated and gps speeds vary depending on bikes. cbr250 is giving 10 percent more on km counter but i am sure, it will be much more less in cbr500. this is what i feel.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ABS stays there until you pass 20 km i think this was what they say.

But, oil indicator needs to blink off after some couple of seconds once you start your bike.

Indicated and gps speeds vary depending on bikes. cbr250 is giving 10 percent more on km counter but i am sure, it will be much more less in cbr500. this is what i feel.

My ABS light stays there, when I start moving it goes off straight away almost, maybe couple of hundred meters. That is weird. In regards to the oil indicator it stays on on neutral as long as the bike is running, when I shift into 1st gear it blinks off. Thats weird I wonder if there is an issue, dam_n hate to be so far away from service centre

Tyga performance Bangkok did a dyno test on cbr500 and found out 43.5 hp on rear wheel based on another forum. Not bad man:lol:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

And it only gained 1 extra HP and 1 extra foot pound of torque with the aftermarket exhaust. I think they are working to improve it though. I hope the Moriwaki is better, but I can't seem to find any dyno reports for it.

Tyga performance Bangkok did a dyno test on cbr500 and found out 43.5 hp on rear wheel based on another forum. Not bad man:lol:

And it only gained 1 extra HP and 1 extra foot pound of torque with the aftermarket exhaust. I think they are working to improve it though. I hope the Moriwaki is better, but I can't seem to find any dyno reports for it.

That is why I say dyno B4 any mods smile.png

I bet most folks who didn't & change the exhaust then think they have gobs more power due to

the increased sound alone.

I have also noticed it is not easy anymore for the aftermarket guys to pull ponies easily.

The Big 4 Manufacturers really have their R&D act together.

They now build decent exhausts...albeit maybe heavier than need be but it is mainly down to EPA stuff

that the aftermarket guys leave off by calling their pipes off road/racing only applications.

One last thing...on a ride mountain ride thru the twisties today & keeping the bike mainly in the 9-11k range

I have to admit the stock exhaust on my stock bike ( N250) sounds very sweet

Very nice tone & not so loud that everything runs in fear laugh.png

I wouldn't be surprised if other stock exhausts sound equally good when pushed.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Would you tell me, now how is the difference with the ABS when you brake hard? How is it different than the CBR 250?

Actually I dont know should I see the light of the ABS on if I brake hard? Should there be noise (scratching in my case)?

What is everyone running on? Gasohol or benzine? When I left Bigwing I filled in with Benzine 91 full tamn 640 which is quite pricey Iam thinking about switching to Gasohol 91 or 95 what do you guys suggest? Who is running on what? LooserL what about you?

P.S Sorry for being a noob, but someone asked me to check engine mount bolts if they are tighten up properly, anyone can point me which ones are they? I found 1 so far right under petrol tank. Do I have to take panels out?

What is everyone running on? Gasohol or benzine? When I left Bigwing I filled in with Benzine 91 full tamn 640 which is quite pricey Iam thinking about switching to Gasohol 91 or 95 what do you guys suggest? Who is running on what? LooserL what about you?

P.S Sorry for being a noob, but someone asked me to check engine mount bolts if they are tighten up properly, anyone can point me which ones are they? I found 1 so far right under petrol tank. Do I have to take panels out?

I use shell v power 95 only now. They advised me not to use 91 or 95 real benzyne at bigwing somehow?

Man never touch your engine if you dont know what you are doing. They might cancel your warranty. And i dont think so there is a problem there.

Just talked to one of the guys at Dainese and he told me his CBR 500 gets 30 km/l.

Hey not to change the subject but when you say Dainese where do you mean?

Does Dainese have a place in Bangkok?

I have their Air Frame Jacket & love it. Have seen some shoes of theirs & wondered if available here too.

Any info appreciated

Just talked to one of the guys at Dainese and he told me his CBR 500 gets 30 km/l.

I have their Air Frame Jacket & love it. Have seen some shoes of theirs & wondered if available here too.

Any info appreciated

It's on the same road as Honda BigWing, less than a kilometre away, same side of the road. Expensive though...

• Like 1

man, But, i do not think so anyone can reach 3.3 liters per 100 km, i am not sure who reached that. I could not even get that figure from my cbr250. i was even getting mostly 4 and sometime 4.5 lt per 100 km on my cbr250!

My trip computer on dash states 5.2 to 5.6 liters per 100 km but i ride it hard due to hard break in so these numbers are not reliable plus i am sot sure if the trip computer is accurate too.

I think my consumption will be around 5 liters per 100 km as i ride like hell:) which is superb for a 500 cc bike.

Daniese official shop is less than a kilometer before Honda Bigwing Bangkok. Nice stuff but hard to find something light for Thailand!

Any info appreciated

Dainese is about 100m away from BigWing in Bangkok. Literally right next to it.

It's on the same road as Honda BigWing, less than a kilometre away, same side of the road. Expensive though...

Thanks

Ok so it is an official Dainese shop

I am in ChiangMai but I am sure they have a website.

I will check it out

Thanks

I thought it would be a little better than my 650, i get 21-22km/L around town and upto 25-26 if taking it easy on a long run

Not bad & makes me wonder as I think I am only getting roughly 26 per liter on my N250

although it is spending a lot of time zipping along

I thought it would be a little better than my 650, i get 21-22km/L around town and upto 25-26 if taking it easy on a long run

carlos man you can get better economy than my cbr250 on kawa 650f, how come?laugh.png

Maybe you mistaken miles with kilometers? Or you drive like my granny! - please no offense.

Edited by loserlazer

I'll nip out and take a photo of my dash board's reading in a moment. I zeroed it Monday morning before heading to Aranyaprathet but have done a lot of city riding Tues and Wed, I'm expecting it to read somewhere around 21-22km per Liter :)

P.S. I'm no granny ;) The worst i have seen is 18km/l

I'll nip out and take a photo of my dash board's reading in a moment. I zeroed it Monday morning before heading to Aranyaprathet but have done a lot of city riding Tues and Wed, I'm expecting it to read somewhere around 21-22km per Liter :)

P.S. I'm no granny ;) The worst i have seen is 18km/l

Cool man. Then kawa650f is not that much fuel burner like they say.

And i never think you ride like granny, no worries man, just joking:lol:

I hope to reach these figures with my cbr500 but i dont think so!

I will do a full tank test to be sure as i need to buy petrol tomorrow.

Regards.

Edited by loserlazer

I really don't know why people are interested in fuel consumption on bikes it can vary so much depending on how you ride the crf has been as low as 80 km up to around 200 from a full tank,it's nice to have a rough figure for total km from a tankfull of gas and that's about all you need

I agree, my fuel consumption varies depending on how hard I drive and which gear Iam in. The most economical is the last 2 gears. Today I was rolling to the office for about 5 mins on 2nd gear (as the road was bumpy as hell with no surface) it showed me 12 litres per 100 km:) lol.

By the way LooserL, I found out some interesting stuff from my wifes uncle who works for honda, as well as confirmed with Honda UK. When we have issues going in the first gear from neutral. In my case it happens when I go through standstill traffic balancing out accelerator and clutch. Here is the trick with they safety feature. When that happens I was told to (if you still holding clutch) release it fully, then press it again and go into first. I tried today around 8 times when that happened and it worked 8 out of 8 times. Something to do with clutch safety feature I was told, make sure you release it fully. Hope that makes sense.

BTW LL Shell Vpower 95 is that classed as benzine 95 or gasohol?

I agree, my fuel consumption varies depending on how hard I drive and which gear Iam in. The most economical is the last 2 gears. Today I was rolling to the office for about 5 mins on 2nd gear (as the road was bumpy as hell with no surface) it showed me 12 litres per 100 km:) lol.

By the way LooserL, I found out some interesting stuff from my wifes uncle who works for honda, as well as confirmed with Honda UK. When we have issues going in the first gear from neutral. In my case it happens when I go through standstill traffic balancing out accelerator and clutch. Here is the trick with they safety feature. When that happens I was told to (if you still holding clutch) release it fully, then press it again and go into first. I tried today around 8 times when that happened and it worked 8 out of 8 times. Something to do with clutch safety feature I was told, make sure you release it fully. Hope that makes sense.

I pointed this out a few posts back if I start my bike in neutral with clutch in it will not go into 1st gear at all until you fully release and apply clutch again.

superior thanks for the info but i have already stated here about half clutch, clutch release and double clutch for engaging into first gear some posts ago. I have no problems on going into first now still it was smoother on some other bikes of mine before.

Shell V power is classed as gasohol 95 but it is forbidden for us to use real benzyne anyway somehow! Behind Shell V Power, there are some serious R&D.

Edited by loserlazer

There is a post on BigWing's Facebook statues about the CBR500r and the CB500f. Does anyone know what it's about?

I'm on my phone and I can't copy and translate the post.

I think They are basically saying production is going to be slow

on the R & the F no real mention of the other

They also list some numbers of sold but received is less? not sure

At the end they say they expect from Jan 22nd onwards for production to pick up

& they should have more deliveries

PS: I also think as a for instance they say they are getting 55 black CBR but 90 have been sold?

Edited by mania