Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Finally some solid photos:)

Cbr500 looks great. I ll get cbr500 sure but it ll be more expensive of all i guess.

ABS is standard you think guys or it s an extra?

Cbx is also looks good and practical. Now is there any reason left to buy nc700 x or nc variants? honda is axing its own portfolio. Funny and strange.

But yes sheep in wolf clothing - exact words Carlos thanks- with a mere 47 hp and 40 nm torque. I have still hopes like 47 hp is only for europe and asian version will get more power. Bike Gods please prove me true on this.

So all is good with the bike except its power:(

Now i m thinking if i can transfer the mods from my cbr 250 to 500?

Rear foot pegs looks the same and i think front pegs have the same alingement. Hope i can do that. I love my bikers aluminum stuff in my cbr.

Are they the same shocks on cbr250?

What do you think guys?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

You will have to wait for the answers to these questions but given the extra weight, decreased fuel economy and minimal performance increases that you can expect from the 500 - you might want to consider whether it's worth an additonal 120k ish baht over your 250 (assuming you can get 80k for yours).

For me a big bike is about performance and you have to sacrafice a bit of money and convenience to get that. A small bike is about economy and convenience you have to accept that the performance is average. This bike seems to lack the economy and convenience of a small bike and yet lacks the performance of a big bike.

Looks good though, and it's a Honda so it should sell well...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah. Wait and see thaicbr. But life is passing man:) haha

Jonny you are right but not many choices around. Z800 sounds good but i dont think so we ll see it for a while and it ll be sure for 400k. I cant imagine riding a 800 cc inline four on 30 km to 60km an hour in first gear for extended periods.

And a ducati in bangkok commute? Too extravagant. Here is not Milano haha.

You need to ride bikes like ducatis or inline fours, you need to give their rights. It s not joyful to have these machines for my conditions and environment.

For 200 k cbr500 sounds pretty fine especially if you consider my hell commute on a road with metro construction with full potholes for three more years!

An expensive sport bike with sensitive parts is unnecessary for my needs. Riding a z800 or ducati around where i m living is too much.

I like to ride bikes like i steal them so a strong 200 k honda is a good choice for me to break it apart:D

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by loserlazer

Finally some solid photos:)

Cbr500 looks great. I ll get cbr500 sure but it ll be more expensive of all i guess.

ABS is standard you think guys or it s an extra?

Cbx is also looks good and practical. Now is there any reason left to buy nc700 x or nc variants? honda is axing its own portfolio. Funny and strange.

But yes sheep in wolf clothing - exact words Carlos thanks- with a mere 47 hp and 40 nm torque. I have still hopes like 47 hp is only for europe and asian version will get more power. Bike Gods please prove me true on this.

So all is good with the bike except its power:(

Now i m thinking if i can transfer the mods from my cbr 250 to 500?

Rear foot pegs looks the same and i think front pegs have the same alingement. Hope i can do that. I love my bikers aluminum stuff in my cbr.

Are they the same shocks on cbr250?

What do you think guys?

You will have to wait for the answers to these questions but given the extra weight, decreased fuel economy and minimal performance increases that you can expect from the 500 - you might want to consider whether it's worth an additonal 120k ish baht over your 250 (assuming you can get 80k for yours).

For me a big bike is about performance and you have to sacrafice a bit of money and convenience to get that. A small bike is about economy and convenience you have to accept that the performance is average. This bike seems to lack the economy and convenience of a small bike and yet lacks the performance of a big bike.

Looks good though, and it's a Honda so it should sell well...

You are repeating yourself:

"This 470cc has less power than a 649cc Kawa. And it is heavier than a 249cc Honda. So it is useless. And it has a single disc front brake!!!"

We do not even know the price. A bit of a yawn coffee1.gif

Yeah. Wait and see thaicbr. But life is passing man:) haha

Jonny you are right but not many choices around. Z800 sounds good but i dont think so we ll see it for a while and it ll be sure for 400k. I cant imagine riding a 800 cc inline four on 30 km to 60km an hour in first gear for extended periods.

And a ducati in bangkok commute? Too extravagant. Here is not Milano haha.

You need to ride bikes like ducatis or inline fours, you need to give their rights. It s not joyful to have these machines for my conditions and environment.

For 200 k cbr500 sounds pretty fine especially if you consider my hell commute on a road with metro construction with full potholes for three more years!

An expensive sport bike with sensitive parts is unnecessary for my needs. Riding a z800 or ducati around where i m living is too much.

I like to ride bikes like i steal them so a strong 200 k honda is a good choice for me to break it apart:D

Indeed it should make a perfect city commuter with some fun to be had on the weekends. I am into this. The Versys is perfectly capable of city commuting, small turn radius, and I am making full use of the high clearance on various sidewalks and so on - but engine-wise it's overkill, I rarely get out of second gear in the city. A 500CBX might just do it; maybe it even has a storage compartment...

I thought it was great fun to race the little CBR250 up doi suthep - 500 will be even better.

Lots of my biker friends commute on the family scooter and on most days leave their liter bike HP monster at home. I don't subscribe to that philosophy - I want to ride a real bike at all times. Why ride a scooter when you could be riding a Honda CBX500?

The more I think about it the more I think Honda is really onto something here. These could replace the scooter as the "bike that you actually ride most of the time" for many people...

Hey Wantan, never said it was useless and never mentioned a single disk brake. Feel free to address the points I actually made though smile.png

Everything already said, yawn coffee1.gif

The whole thread you are bitching about the new Honda that we all never have seen and ridden. Yes, about the brakes too. But OK, you have to do that.

Are you stalking me? Or just have a lot of time on your hands? laugh.png

Anyway, that comment was related to the cost of the bike. not bitching about it - just commenting that they couldn't justify the price of the er6n based on the spec of this bike and I'm pretty sure when the price is announced I will be proved correct.

Besides, I'm not saying the bike is useless, I'm raising the issue of whether CBR250 owners can justify the 120k baht or so to upgrade from their used 250. If I thought the bike was useless I wouldn't have said that it will be a decent run around and probably sell well due to the good looks and the fact that it is a Honda in Thailand. The lack of performance and high weight detailed in the specs doesn't seem to bother most people (on this forum anyway). For those who want a bit more excitement from their bikes we have other offerings such as the er6 series, the Monster 795, the FZ8, the Z1000/800(?) and an ample supply of superbikes, both official and unofficial imports. Not to mention the Hypermotard on the horizon. So everyone's a winner it seems.

Hey Wantan, never said it was useless and never mentioned a single disk brake. Feel free to address the points I actually made though smile.png

The whole thread you are bitching about the new Honda that we all never have seen and ridden. Yes, about the brakes too. But OK, you have to do that.

Anyway, that comment was related to the cost of the bike. not bitching about it - just commenting that they couldn't justify the price of the er6n based on the spec of this bike and I'm pretty sure when the price is announced I will be proved correct.

Besides, I'm not saying the bike is useless, I'm raising the issue of whether CBR250 owners can justify the 120k baht or so to upgrade from their used 250. If I thought the bike was useless I wouldn't have said that it will be a decent run around and probably sell well due to the good looks and the fact that it is a Honda in Thailand. The lack of performance and high weight detailed in the specs doesn't seem to bother most people (on this forum anyway). For those who want a bit more excitement from their bikes we have other offerings such as the er6 series, the Monster 795, the FZ8, the Z1000/800(?) and an ample supply of superbikes, both official and unofficial imports. Not to mention the Hypermotard on the horizon. So everyone's a winner it seems.

jonny where can you get your excitement in Bangkok from a z800 or ducati man? What you can get is screwed up shocks and bent rims and lots of scratches. Moreover, higher service costs and a paranoid drive on 1st gear with a higher fuel bill. Not to mention cooked legs and balls in first gear.biggrin.png

yes, low power and higher weight of cbr500 does not bother me at all in all forums.

Besides, i hope it is not a big problems for you if i change my cbr250 right? I can easily justify 120 k extra on top of my 250 anyway, i paid it 88k buddy.

you go for hypermotard, i go for cbr500 so we both win man but do not cry us later for your cooked balls and higher starting and maintenance costs and fuel bills and how much you need to pay just for a simple scratch and how bad to drive a nice sport bikes like ducati, z800 is traffic, ok?biggrin.png

Edited by loserlazer

jonny where can you get your excitement in Bangkok from a z800 or ducati man? What you can get is screwed up shocks and bent rims and lots of scratches. Moreover, higher service costs and a paranoid drive on 1st gear with a higher fuel bill. Not to mention cooked legs and balls in first gear.biggrin.png

yes, low power and higher weight of cbr500 does not bother me at all in all forums.

Besides, i hope it is not a big problems for you if i change my cbr250 right? I can easily justify 120 k extra on top of my 250 anyway, i paid it 88k buddy.

you go for hypermotard, i go for cbr500 so we both win man but do not cry us later for your cooked balls and higher starting and maintenance costs and fuel bills and how much you need to pay just for a simple scratch and how bad to drive a nice sport bikes like ducati, z800 is traffic, ok?biggrin.png

Fine with me, it's your money biggrin.png. Looks like I'll have to stick with my current ride for another year. I only planned to keep it for 2 years but when I compare the specs with recent Thailand releases such as this bike it seems crazy to change it. Hopefully next year will provide some more exciting releases.

you are also right on your side Jonny F. Waiting for one more year is the best thing we can do as i am sure we will see many legal big bikes around that time.

but i am tired of waiting this and that all my life. I can still sell cbr500 and can go for something nicer is available next year.

And i am bored of a 250 cc now man!!! i need something bigger and ASAP.

you are also right on your side Jonny F. Waiting for one more year is the best thing we can do as i am sure we will see many legal big bikes around that time.

but i am tired of waiting this and that all my life. I can still sell cbr500 and can go for something nicer is available next year.

I can understand that, but maybe a good idea to test ride it first because there's nothing worse than buying a bike and riding it for the first time and being disappointed.

Hope you like it anyway :)

I can understand that, but maybe a good idea to test ride it first because there's nothing worse than buying a bike and riding it for the first time and being disappointed.

Hope you like it anyway smile.png

i will do so Jonny f, i they offer a test run but how bad can it be? it is a 470 cc bike double the horse power of 250 - yeah add 30 kg more weight also:(.

And it is a Hondabiggrin.png

You might say why i do not go for a kawa 650 but i do not feel like i am at home on 650 s here some how i do not know why although they are good bikes.

But, i wish patience for those who want to wait for a year with their 250 cc 'ssmile.png

Edited by loserlazer

i will do so Jonny f, i they offer a test run but how bad can it be? it is a 470 cc bike double the horse power of 250 - yeah add 30 kg more weight also:(.

You might say why i do not go for a kawa 650 but i do not feel like i am at home on 650 s here some how i do not know why although they are good bikes.

But, i wish patience for those who want to wait for a year with their 250 cc 'ssmile.png

I have a CBR150 and also have patience smile.png

Same for me. A 650cc is overkill imo. I wonder why the people who claim they need a 650cc do not take a liter bike instead? Should be much more bike, more power and more excitement for them. But bitching about a "lame" 500cc bike, just because its made for daily use and not for racing. Crazy humans biggrin.png

I would be happy if this 470cc would be released here in Thailand for a good price cause this is what i missed. 400cc would fit my needs also. IMO something around 40hp is enough for a bike and offers a good compromise between power, fuel efficency and fun. But the SYM Maxsym 400cc scooter also would be fun. Dreaming. Again time to save some money...

Same for me. A 650cc is overkill imo. I wonder why the people who claim they need a 650cc do not take a liter bike instead? Should be much more bike, more power and more excitement for them. But bitching about a "lame" 500cc bike, just because its made for daily use and not for racing. Crazy humans biggrin.png

I would be happy if this 470cc would be released here in Thailand for a good price cause this is what i missed. 400cc would fit my needs also. IMO something around 40hp is enough for a bike and offers a good compromise between power, fuel efficency and fun. But the SYM Maxsym 400cc scooter also would be fun. Dreaming. Again time to save some money...

most litre bikes here are 500,000 more then kawasakis 650 line

That's fine, everyone has their idea of what is 'enough' bike. My 250 is enough for city riding and my 600 is about right for me when I tour - with 100hp and 45 lbs-ft torque it feels about right for me in Thailand although if I was going to change it I'd probably get something with more power not less, having the power there doesn't mean you have to use it but it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I prefer to have the choice.

None of us have ridden the '500' yet, but I think it won't be massively different to a 250 given the power and weight of the bike. That doesn't mean I think it's useless, or that buying it will condemn the purchaser to eternal damnation. I just think it will be like a slightly heavier and slightly more powerful version of the 250. Which is fine, if you like that kind of thing.

So Kwacker 650 is for the Cheap Charlies, same as the CBR150, just on a higher power level? laugh.png

You can always buy a second hand liter bike nearly for the same price of a new 650cc i guess. So much more excitement...

But its OK for me. I like the Kwackers 650cc too. I like most bikes, as long as they run wink.png

So Kwacker 650 is for the Cheap Charlies, same as the CBR150, just on a higher power level? laugh.png

You can always buy a second hand liter bike nearly for the same price of a new 650cc i guess. So much more excitement...

But its OK for me. I like the Kwackers 650cc too. I like most bikes, as long as they run wink.png

I would think that it has nothing do to with being cheap. My opinion is 800,000 for a bike is a lot of disposable income. Used Liter bikes at reasonable mileage and maintenance with green books under 280,000 in thailand? I have been shopping for a year and haven found one.

jonny f

That's fine, everyone has their idea of what is 'enough' bike. My 250 is enough for city riding and my 600 is about right for me when I tour - with 100hp and 45 lbs-ft torque it feels about right for me in Thailand although if I was going to change it I'd probably get something with more power not less, having the power there doesn't mean you have to use it but it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. I prefer to have the choice.

None of us have ridden the '500' yet, but I think it won't be massively different to a 250 given the power and weight of the bike. That doesn't mean I think it's useless, or that buying it will condemn the purchaser to eternal damnation. I just think it will be like a slightly heavier and slightly more powerful version of the 250. Which is fine, if you like that kind of thing.

man, it has double the power of cbr250 so your definition of slight is something coming from you stomach i guess as always:)

There are two nice cbr600 s near my house waiting there for a while and they ask 280 k and 300 k with plate. I had one before in my country for some time.

I test rode them but hard man. Slowing or nearly stopping in every bump for the sensitive upside down forks, stops and gos are hell as you need to stop and go a hundred times means labouring tranny.

I do not want to think about the bike while i am riding, i just want to canalize myself on riding.

Can you rid e a 400 k Ducati without worrying about its sensitive parts etc buddy boy in a commute in bumpy Bangkok roads?

Edited by loserlazer

jonny f

man, it has double the power of cbr250 so your definition of slight is something coming from you stomach i guess as always:)

There are two nice cbr600 s near my house waiting there for a while and they ask 280 k and 300 k with plate. I had one before in my country for some time.

I test rode them but hard man. Slowing or nearly stopping in every bump for the sensitive upside down forks, stops and gos are hell as you need to stop and go a hundred times means labouring clutch.

I do not want to think about the bike while i am riding, i just want to canalize myself on riding.

Can you rid e a 400 k Ducati without worrying about its sensitive parts etc buddy boy in a commute in bumpy Bangkok roads?

Yes I would say slight. A bit nippier around town and slightly higher top end. Not much more than that based on the specs.

I agree 600 supersports are a pain in the city, that's why I have a 250 and use the 600 for longer trips out of Bangkok. I find the sportier ergonomics of a sports bike much more comfortable than an upright bike at highway speeds as there is very little wind on the body as you are tucked more naturally behind the screen. If it bothered me I would get some bar risers for 5000 baht but it doesn't, so I don't.

Did you ever try adjusting the suspension? That's the nice thing about higher end bikes you get fully adjustable forks and shocks which you can set to be relatively soft if you so desire.

Not sure what you're on about buddy boy's sensitive parts though?!? Maybe it's best you don't expand on that point... thumbsup.gif

Edited by JonnyF

i expanded myself long time ago Jonny.

But you have to expand your mind on respecting others decisions, needs, ideas which we cannot see from you here.

But, what we see here is a high ego bitching about a bike or someone elses ideas. Or maybe your competence on buying a ninja250 or maybe you do not have enough money to buy a cbr500 although you like it?biggrin.png I am not sure but you can ask these questions to yourself for your benefit.

I am also comfortable on sport bikes on long tours especially a cbr600 but i do not want go for a double bike here. You have to understand, all is not the same, we are not living at the same villages or places.

And, i am not sure how you ride a sport bike? Do you really know how to ride one? Do you go over bumps while speeding? I am sure your shocks and you bikes are already screwed up nowbiggrin.png

i expanded myself long time ago Jonny.

But you have to expand your mind on respecting others decisions, needs, ideas which we cannot see from you here.

But, what we see here is a high ego bitching about a bike or someone elses ideas. Or maybe your competence on buying a ninja250 or maybe you do not have enough money to buy a cbr500 although you like it?biggrin.png I am not sure but you can ask these questions to yourself for your benefit.

I am also comfortable on sport bikes on long tours especially a cbr600 but i do not want go for a double bike here. You have to understand, all is not the same, we are not living at the same villages or places.

And, i am not sure how you ride a sport bike? Do you really know how to ride one? Do you go over bumps while speeding? I am sure your shocks and you bikes are already screwed up nowbiggrin.png

No problem, actually I was just offering some sound advice to ride the bike before you buy it but it seems like there's no need smile.png. As for questioning my ability to ride, screw up my shocks etc. that's schoolboy stuff to be honest so I prefer not to get involved at that level wai2.gif .

I'm no expert but if the 500 has double (around 40+ to 20+) the HP power of the 250, isn't the extra weight already accounted for? If not would an extra 30Kgs really slow down the 500cc that much in comparison?

I mean 30kgs is half a small person, and if I go two up on any of my bikes, I hardly notice that much difference.(though I do notice it a bit), so what's 30kgs, if you have double the power?

I'm no expert but if the 500 has double (around 40+ to 20+) the HP power of the 250, isn't the extra weight already accounted for? If not would an extra 30Kgs really slow down the 500cc that much in comparison?

I mean 30kgs is half a small person, and if I go two up on any of my bikes, I hardly notice that much difference.(though I do notice it a bit), so what's 30kgs, if you have double the power?

Going by 'official specs', the CBR500 will be some 17,5% heavier but offer some 97,8% more power. Or put another way, a hefty person of some 100kg (the upper end of who would ride either bike) has a power to weight ratio of 6,3kg/HP on the 500 and a whopping 11,2kg/HP on the 250. Losing that 30kg only decreases your power to weight by 10,5% with the same 100kg rider.

Is that a lot? Sure, about the same as the industry standard for driveline loss calculations (unless you're a manufacturer of bikes that lays down 22% less power than they claim).

Just saying but, all these comparisons based against

a fairly heavy weak 250 does not automatically mean a great 500

One thing that may possibly be a plus is if it is true the CBR500

is replacing the KTM Duke 690 in the European Junior Cup

If that is true then I imagine some trickle down upgrades will be copied

& available to the general public.

But I admit I was kind of surprised that they would consider replacing that Duke with the CBR

Spec wise they do not compare at all. As the KTM outshines it considerably

Perhaps it is one of those reduce the cost of racing things?

Which has a tendency to reduce the excitement more than the cost.

Just saying but, all these comparisons based against

a fairly heavy weak 250 does not automatically mean a great 500

One thing that may possibly be a plus is if it is true the CBR500

is replacing the KTM Duke 690 in the European Junior Cup

If that is true then I imagine some trickle down upgrades will be copied

& available to the general public.

But I admit I was kind of surprised that they would consider replacing that Duke with the CBR

Spec wise they do not compare at all. As the KTM outshines it considerably

Perhaps it is one of those reduce the cost of racing things?

Which has a tendency to reduce the excitement more than the cost.

Honda gave them more money than KTM, plain and simple.

And also Honda is expecting a lot from this bike and i am sure they will get what they want. With the right price, it will be a best seller.

Go on Honda but we have hard to wait 8 more days to see it officially and another month to touch the bike.:P

Bike Gods, please bestow some patience here:rolleyes: