Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rumours from the States are that the CBR600 is to be discontinued and as of 2012... no more.

I've no idea of sales figures, but people say they are appallingly low. They also mention that the Honda dealers saying this also mention that there's a range of 500's coming.

Wonder what the public will make of 100HP i4 being replaced with a 50HP twin. :D

If true.

Honda the big teasers. biggrin.png

Check this out:

http://powersports.honda.com/

9 days 2 hours to go.

There are six bikes in that picture.

Let's assume that 3 of those bikes (second through the fourth) are the CB*500. We'll assume that the last bike in the line up is the "Zoomer-X" as it appears, although I could be wrong due to the angles, that the front tyre and the handlebars could be the 'right' size.

Still leaves us with 2 bikes. I'm wondering if that first bike is a cruiser. Long low back to the tail lamp with wide handlebars. Problem is that it seems with the exception of the Shadow 400 line and the VTX 400 the States have all the cruisers/choppers that Honda offers. I am stumped a bit.

The one bike that could possible fill the other 'hole' is the Integra (the assumed fifth bike in the line up). I.E. the super-scooterised version of the N*700* lineup. HOWEVER, there is no indication of that silly super high windscreen that is present in all the pictures on the Japanese Honda site.

Of course I could be all wrong also.

Seems to be priced well ,however it may well be good to have this bike released here due to limited choice of bikes available and extortionate pricing on a real cbr but for the rest of the world I don't think it's anything to get excited about,got to say think I'd prefer one of kawasaki er6/versys if I was looking to buy a road bike here.

Nice bikes, downside is that the production will be in the Kumamoto Factory in Japan... (according to Takanobu Ito, the CEO of Honda, who talked about a new series of motorcycles which will first be introduced in North America).

Are you implying the us model will be made in JA. The asian model in thailand? I am not sure its a downside.

after seeing the official pics i think the cbr500r looks quite boring. Looks more than a tourer than a sports bike also that exhaust is pretty lame nowadays... for my taste its a fail.

Edited by Hili

Nice bikes, downside is that the production will be in the Kumamoto Factory in Japan... (according to Takanobu Ito, the CEO of Honda, who talked about a new series of motorcycles which will first be introduced in North America).

Are you talking about the below quote? Which reads a lot like to me to be about bikes bigger than Honda's NC700 bikes...which a 500cc machine doesn't fit. Or perhaps you have a different quote?

“In the area of large-sized motorcycles, following the New Mid Series, Honda will introduce a series of large-sized models with a new concept, which enable customers to more easily enjoy daily commuting and weekend touring. This stylish new series will be equipped with a “torqueful” engine, low seat height which increases the ease of handling, and a comfortable ride with high stability in maneuvering. The production of the first model in this new series will begin in February 2013 at Kumamoto Factory, Honda’s global motorcycle production operation, and sales will begin from North America.”

Are you talking about the below quote? Which reads a lot like to me to be about bikes bigger than Honda's NC700 bikes...which a 500cc machine doesn't fit. Or perhaps you have a different quote?

“In the area of large-sized motorcycles, following the New Mid Series, Honda will introduce a series of large-sized models with a new concept, which enable customers to more easily enjoy daily commuting and weekend touring. This stylish new series will be equipped with a “torqueful” engine, low seat height which increases the ease of handling, and a comfortable ride with high stability in maneuvering. The production of the first model in this new series will begin in February 2013 at Kumamoto Factory, Honda’s global motorcycle production operation, and sales will begin from North America.”

Only the bigger bikes will be manufactured in Japan, the 500 series in Thailand.

Richard just wants to put us off the idea of buying a Honda, so we can all spend our hard earned cash on a Chinese superbike.

• Like 1

Everyone has personal taste, I think they're just about better than average looking, which I guess is what they're all about.

Cheap, efficient, with a bit of styling, but made using the cheapest of parts. If the US price stated is correct, and they're cheaper than that here, then I'm sure they'll sell well.

But they must be made seriously cheaply to ring in at less than 170k thb for the naked version after it's been shipped to the states. blink.png

If they can get that to 155k thb, then wow.

If geared for torque than the CB and CBX could be very nice for BKK city riding. Though personally I hoped the CB would be more aggressive looking. It looks like the ER-6n's little gay brother. biggrin.png

So do we now play 'guess the promotion price' then?

CBR500 - 174,999.

CB500F - 154,999.

CB500X - 184,999.

smile.png

Edited by cbrer

Bikes looks good.

I go for red cbr500 for sure - anyway abs version will be only red they say 8n usa -

Looking better than the pics before. Great looking bike a cbr1000 lookalike and look meaner than kawa 650f . It is not super sleek which i like too!

Perfect combination for city and touring.

And i think we will get the 54 hp version yahoooo:D

If 54hp great competition to kawa is coming haha.

I ll buy it right away.

Love the third light between headlights.

But one thing i dont like is rear end. Stop light is very small and rear end looks soft. If they just put the rear end ob cbr250 - one of the best rear end imo - it should be better. Besides for visibility reasons, stop lights look poor.

Waiting for yoy baby:p i ll ride you sweetly no worries:D

Cb500 looks like <deleted> to me. I m not sure who will buy it man haha. Looks really gay to me too! But it will be at least 15.000 thb cheaper than cbr 500.

Greatest surprise is cbx500. Looks great too. Better than bigger brothee nc700x. It will be a good bike for long tours but i m sure it will be ok for city too. Congrats honda for this surprise but it will be the most expensive of all i m sure.

Overall honda did again. They found the perfect combo of good design,affordability for masses -which is important for me as it is something positive to this world than a 1000 supersport -, and enough performance.

Price wise, cbr 250 is 700 usd cheaper than usa. So i just mi us 700 usd from prices:

Cbr500 170 k thb 185 k thb with abs

Cb500 160 k around

Cbx 500 around 190 k ish

These are super prices for thai market nearly 100 k cheaper than kawa versions of each.

Of course if honda bigwing gets greedy like kawa then add 20 k for each price estimation stated above. Pleae dont do that APe honda. No i said.

But if not these honda mid bikes are really nearly a no brainer to buy.

Congrats honda. -and please send me paycheck on time this time ok?:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

^

Cbr 1000 lookalike really?

Come on I don't think so for me it doesn't look sporty enough ,change the handle bars and it may give it a sportier look.

I think with Honda releasing the naked version of this, they could have upped the specs a bit on the cbr version to make it a more interesting bike and not have the only difference being faired or not faired.

• Like 1