Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Is it actually attached to the frame? Hard to see but looks like only the engine.

heheh I think your right.

I did not even look at it that well just saw it today on FB feed.

Edit: Wait I think I do see a frame tab hanging down behind top bolt

Edited by mania

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iam planning to pick up sliders when I get my bike back. Can anyone recommend good ones, as I can see there is a big debate going on on which ones are better.

Decided to go to BigWing myself on Sunday. My wife called them and there came a big surprise that I have not quite anticipated:) LOL First of all the part they are waiting for seems to be handle bars as she translated. One thing that kind of shocked me, they said we want to finish your bike quicker that is why WE took some parts from another white CBR that has been in the accident which we have in a shop and fitted it onto your bike to finish it faster. I was shocked, I mean I payed insurance 6k and they pay bigwing to buy new parts not second hand taken from another bike that has been in an accident. IS this normal guys?

if i were you i never let anyone install parts to your bike from a crashed one. how can they know if those parts are within spec or still structurally strong?

it is hard to see small cracks with bare eyes for example or did they do measurements on them? i do not think so.

but maybe all those parts are fine and you reached your bike faster, may ben rai etc but still there is a risk out there.

just ask them the new parts if it is not too late superior.

• Like 1

Iam planning to pick up sliders when I get my bike back. Can anyone recommend good ones, as I can see there is a big debate going on on which ones are better.

Decided to go to BigWing myself on Sunday. My wife called them and there came a big surprise that I have not quite anticipated:) LOL First of all the part they are waiting for seems to be handle bars as she translated. One thing that kind of shocked me, they said we want to finish your bike quicker that is why WE took some parts from another white CBR that has been in the accident which we have in a shop and fitted it onto your bike to finish it faster. I was shocked, I mean I payed insurance 6k and they pay bigwing to buy new parts not second hand taken from another bike that has been in an accident. IS this normal guys?

if i were you i never let anyone install parts to your bike from a crashed one. how can they know if those parts are within spec or still structurally strong?

it is hard to see small cracks with bare eyes for example or did they do measurements on them? i do not think so.

but maybe all those parts are fine and you reached your bike faster, may ben rai etc but still there is a risk out there.

This is done in the usa too. I had the bed on my pickup crushed and the insurance company (allstate) located a used one. It was fitted and looked perfect. If its just fairing i would say no big deal as long as your insurance company is aware and the work is guaranteed.

This is done in the usa too. I had the bed on my pickup crushed and the insurance company (allstate) located a used one. It was fitted and looked perfect. If its just fairing i would say no big deal as long as your insurance company is aware and the work is guaranteed.

The work is but life isnt:)

Anyway we will see how it will go, hopefully it wont fall apart when I will do 180 on it.

Mania, my wife works in phayao and I go there very very often. What are you doing there? We should meet up sometimes for a cup of coffee or something.

Mania, my wife works in phayao and I go there very very often. What are you doing there? We should meet up sometimes for a cup of coffee or something.

Sure I will try to remember to pm you next time I plan to go & see if your up for coffee.

I do not go often as it is a 300+km round trip but I go because it is a nice

piece of road with a more open twisty section. That mountain right before Phayao

with the lookout point stop at the top is fun on both the up & down section.

Sometimes I do not go all the way into Phayao but turn at the bottom of that hill on the Phayao

side as the rest of the ride in is pretty flat/straight.Good for a bigger bike.

But that waterside by the lake is nice to visit too.

Sure I will try to remember to pm you next time I plan to go & see if your up for coffee.

Edited by mania

was about to buy Leo Vince gp corsa carbon today but unfortunately out of stock now, aaarrggh!

The Thai guy sold the last one yesterday and it is only 8500 thb:)

found a facebook site and the guy sells all kind of Leo Vince pipes for all kind of bike nearly including scooters!

Kudos for Leo Vince for releasing some thing even for scoots. They are i think made in Indonesia though still i am sure they have some standards.

was about to buy Leo Vince gp corsa carbon today but unfortunately out of stock now, aaarrggh!

The Thai guy sold the last one yesterday and it is only 8500 thbbiggrin.png

close to USA price of 6500 thb - i mean as close as it can get in Thailandlaugh.png

found a facebook site and the Thai guy sells all kind of Leo Vince pipes for all kind of bike nearly including scooters!

Kudos for Leo Vince for releasing some thing even for scoots. They are i think made in Indonesia though still i am sure they have some standards.

post-114750-0-58925600-1371809996_thumb.

post-114750-0-43232300-1371810005_thumb.

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

actually a full system is what i need. but can get the pipe now and header later.

because power commander is released for cbr500r:clap2:

around 350 usd and this time it has an O2 eliminator means better tuning without strangling to ecu.

I was going to get that one for my bike as they are widely available even here

but the head of Area P offered to work remotely with me on various maps as they run a 300 there &

he wanted to see what the 250 can do. So I went that route.

Also seems he is very popular with ninja 300 guys. They are pulling just under 40hp now

with pipe/filter I guess they work jointly with

Fuel Moto & develop maps that are supposedly more individually tapered.

Will see I guess

• Like 1

Mania,

Yes that would be great I hope I will have my bike by then. Not sure when is that going to happen.

LL,

Who can install PC ? I really miss living in Bangkok as it is f... all here when it comes bikes and installations here.

Yesterday spoke to a guy on CB500X the bought compartments on both sides and one shop he mentioned here, they made really awesome wields for him for only 400 bht. Checked it out looks like a great quality job. I considered those for travellling but doesnt look nice on CBR

Yesterday spoke to a guy on CB500X the bought compartments on both sides and one shop he mentioned here, they made really awesome wields for him for only 400 bht. Checked it out looks like a great quality job. I considered those for travellling but doesnt look nice on CBR

As a rear-rack for panniers/top box?

Honestly man, don't go for a cheap one made by some local Somchai in his shed, it will be carrying a large heavy box on the back of your bike as it hits potholes and everything else.

I was just chatting to a guy yesterday who had a cheap rack on his cbr150 and it ended up snapping off after a while.

You don't want something like that flying off behind you and into the path of God only knows what in Thailand.

Edited by Salapoo

I had stainless steel racks made up for 3 bikes so far. Cost about 2,500-3,000 baht. Well made - neat welding. At Pratoo Gorng Deng (my phonetic system - sorry - but famous place for car parts with many Thais, so easy to track down) on Rakaeng Road in Chiang Mai. They are very strong. If you can borrow some side racks for a day they would be able use them as a template.

post-143143-13718642024624_thumb.jpg

post-143143-13718642310321_thumb.jpg

post-143143-1371864264966_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

As a rear-rack for panniers/top box?

Honestly man, don't go for a cheap one made by some local Somchai in his shed, it will be carrying a large heavy box on the back of your bike as it hits potholes and everything else.

I was just chatting to a guy yesterday who had a cheap rack on his cbr150 and it ended up snapping off after a while.

You don't want something like that flying off behind you and into the path of God only knows what in Thailand.

it is not about only installing the pc5 superior. you need a dyno tuning as well. i ll ask bigwing bangkok as all i know they do it.

if not maybe dirt shop can do that.

really anyone knows a reliable place to do dyno tuning in Bangkok?

actually a full system is what i need. but can get the pipe now and header later.

because power commander is released for cbr500r:clap2:

around 350 usd and this time it has an O2 eliminator means better tuning without strangling to ecu.

I was going to get that one for my bike as they are widely available even here

but the head of Area P offered to work remotely with me on various maps as they run a 300 there &

he wanted to see what the 250 can do. So I went that route.

Also seems he is very popular with ninja 300 guys. They are pulling just under 40hp now

with pipe/filter I guess they work jointly with

Fuel Moto & develop maps that are supposedly more individually tapered.

Will see I guess

mania i think for your case, you have a good connection at area p.

did you order yours? and 40 rwhp is for ninja 300 right?

mania i think for your case, you have a good connection at area p.

did you order yours? and 40 rwhp is for ninja 300 right?

Yes ordered already & yes that 40 hp is the 300 results as that is what they have in USA

Edited by mania

40 hp for a 300 cc engine is cool!

mania is area p chip around the same price as pc5?

i am hopeful cbr500 might reach 50 rwhp with full system pipe, pc5, and a better flowing air filter - 20 k for pipe, 15 k for pc5 and 5 k for air filter totally 40 k - 45 k thb.

and with a weight reduction of 4 - 5 kg on top of extra power, it can be a much more better bike.smile.png

Edited by loserlazer

40 hp for a 300 cc engine is cool!

mania is area p chip around the same price as pc5?

i am hopeful cbr500 might reach 50 rwhp with full system pipe, pc5, and a better flowing air filter - 20 k for pipe, 15 k for pc5 and 5 k for air filter totally 40 k - 45 k thb.

and with a weight reduction of 4 - 5 kg on top of extra power, it can be a much more better bike.smile.png

I think it is a little cheaper at $250 in the US

$55 shipping to Thailand so about 10-11k baht equivalent

Problem is they do not do the 500 Honda's yet sad.png

When they did the 300 they came on the forum & got a guy to leave his bike with them

a couple weeks for development. Then they gave him a new system + full exhaust & some other things

Lucky guy

I would tend to think 50hp should be possible with the Honda in any case.

I was disappointed they ( RLR Racing ) never got the bike ready in time for John McGuiness to use

at Isle Of Man this year as I was looking forward to see what they would do to a

CBR500 + with John on-board you know it was going to have as good a run as possible.

Edited by mania

PS: You know one other thing LL is

they all, Area P, Power Commander, Two brother Juice Box Pro etc...

They are all made by the same company.

But after that is the differences.

Like PC has all kinds of add-ons etc

2 Brothers & PC post their maps & share them with anyone

Area P working with Fuel Moto do not as they put a lot of work into it.

But for Thailand especially if you were going to re-sell later the bike or box

I think most would be more comfortable with Power Commander as it is sold here & they

basically know how to use it.

For my type of riding I am not so concerned with ultimate horsepower

because truth is for my type of riding I cannot use all that is there now really.

But what I want/like is a certain power delivery/throttle response.

One thing that really caught my eye before I started talking with Kerry at Area P

is that they partnered with Fuel Moto & they do a map for what you have period.

They will work with you & have a 2 year warranty

Also they have Off Site Tuning

You allow them access to your computer & they make real time adjustments to your maps

depending on what your telling them is going on.

Or if you can describe well what is happening etc they

will develop a map & email it to you to pop into your FI controller via USB

Also with the small ninja with their controller they make power all the way to the soft limiter @ 12,500rpm

The stock bike stops making power @ 10,750 rpm which is a shame as there is much more there even stock.

Edited by mania

300 guys are very active. Cool for area p to throw a system to the guy!

Yeah mania. It is sad, we could not see cbr500 in real action:(

By the way, thinking of doing mugen stickers in my bike. Know a good car sticker shop. Of course i will not place mugen writing on it. Just the black stickers. Also will keep the part on lower side of the side fairing thinner not that wide. Dont want to cover that nice curve on the lower side.

What do you say guys?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-114750-13718943928414_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13718944666036_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13718944944531_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13718945136111_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13718945413289_thumb.jpg

post-114750-13718945725598_thumb.jpg

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

was about to go for yoshimura r 77 and about to pay 900 usd with tax and shipping but encountered with this pipe.

name of the brand is "bluekraft".

it is hand made by a thai guy. actually welds look neat and it does not look like a tin can but you never know though. liked the blue tint as well and looks better than k speed knock of looking ones for sure and it is compact which is good for traffic.

it weights 2.5 kg so if i get it my bike will lose 5 kgs and reach 189 kg.

it is 4999 thb for slip on and 8999 for full system. but can pay the headers later as the guy is still doing them.

dont want to pay 900 usd for yoshi. not a good feeling to pay shipping and taxes same as the price of the pipe, not a good feeling. other choice in thailand is 18500 thb two bros! and i dont like its design.

i know this time i wanted to go for a good recognized brand but cannot justify to pay 30,000 thb for a pipe on a 200 k thb bike. besides, there is a chance that i might get a better bike next year too or cbr650r might show up.

besides tired of waiting for a pipe and just want to buy something right away.

there is a video too and it does not sound different from other pipes much.

any advices? do i go forward and order one?

thanks in advance for your replies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRAcEM8r0g

post-114750-0-97364400-1372074343_thumb.

post-114750-0-03836200-1372074355_thumb.

post-114750-0-75771200-1372074374_thumb.

post-114750-0-64485500-1372074390_thumb.

post-114750-0-49119900-1372074423_thumb.

post-114750-0-28328100-1372074445_thumb.

That Blue Kraft is the Alias No Limits guy

I was impressed when I saw the Alias & this looks ok too quality wise.

But I am not a fan of the blue metal look myself.

The only thing is I do not understand why he is switching

or starting another brand & both promise the 500 header "later"

Could be nothing but good to be aware of

Edited by mania

By the way, thinking of doing mugen stickers in my bike. Know a good car sticker shop. Of course i will not place mugen writing on it. Just the black stickers. Also will keep the part on lower side of the side fairing thinner not that wide. Dont want to cover that nice curve on the lower side. What do you say guys?

I always liked the classic Honda red/black scheme

But if I were doing it I would show the guy at the wrap shop pictures of the classic scheme

like Joey Dunlop use to have at IOM & John McGuiness used this year in tribute

to him.

Mugen of course has their own interpretation of it & cannot copy exact...but you can wink.png

• Like 1

mania, this is another guy doing the bluekraft one. just called him via gf and he just sells his pipes in alias no limit shop. he brings the pipe, meet you in his shop and install your pipe.

tomorrow or this week going to buy one and meet him at alias no limit shop of course will check the pipe first like how he packed it and how is it like inside. but welding on photos surprised me.

what you say?

I was talking to Honda BW in Udon today. The manager was surprised that I knew about the new 4 cyl 650 that Honda are going to make and sell locally next year, but confirmed it as far as he knew.

Udon is also getting a BMW dealer in the not too distant future and will be up and running by the time BMW start producing and selling bikes here.

I was also told that the levers for a CB500 are not the same as a CBR250. I think he's wrong, but I didn't want to argue the point.

• Like 1

was about to go for yoshimura r 77 and about to pay 900 usd with tax and shipping but encountered with this pipe.

it is hand made by a thai guy. actually welds look neat and it does not look like a tin can but you never know though. liked the blue tint as well and looks better than k speed knock of looking ones for sure and it is compact which is good for traffic.

it is 4999 thb for slip on and 8999 for full system. but can pay the headers later as the guy is still doing them.

dont want to pay 900 usd for yoshi. not a good feeling to pay shipping and taxes same as the price of the pipe, not a good feeling. other choice in thailand is 18500 thb two bros! and i dont like its design.

i know this time i wanted to go for a good recognized brand but cannot justify to pay 30,000 thb for a pipe on a 200 k thb bike. besides, there is a chance that i might get a better bike next year too or cbr650r might show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhRAcEM8r0g

I like it a lot!

Let me know how you got on as that is definitely on the top of my list if Tyga can't pull their fingers out.

I like it a lot!

Let me know how you got on as that is definitely on the top of my list if Tyga can't pull their fingers out.

Hell yeah for that price I could even considering buying it even if I didn't like the blue tint that much!

As this is not a top brand pipe how does it work with that 02 sensor?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app