Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Funny i didnt see it like that. Seems if you want a boring beginners commuter bike then yes. If you want a fun bike then no. Also if you are a large build then the 300 is out.

fun is in the eye of beholder yankee also it depends on your riding skills too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If my budget would be around around THB 200,000 or so, I definitely would buy 1 of those 500ccs

"The 500s aren’t the fastest, sharpest and probably not the sexiest. What they are, are some of the most accessible, practical, entertaining motorcycles you can buy."

http://rideapart.com/2013/10/the-best-motorcycles-of-2013/

What bike do u ride?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If my budget would be around around THB 200,000 or so, I definitely would buy 1 of those 500ccs

"The 500s aren’t the fastest, sharpest and probably not the sexiest. What they are, are some of the most accessible, practical, entertaining motorcycles you can buy."

http://rideapart.com/2013/10/the-best-motorcycles-of-2013/

What bike do u ride?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Multistrada 1200

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

finally the specs for cbr500r racing bike for European Junior Cup below:

So a full exhaust system, an ecu and an air filter with a proper dyno tune, our bikes can go 54 hp and 48 nm from 47 rwhp and 43 nm which is cool.

Also dry weight went down to 146 kg and all these quality adjustable suspension systems, brake components etc i am sure it runs well.

But not sure if those numbers are rear wheel hp figures, if rear wheel hp figures, it is a superb improvement!

Engine type Liquid-Cooled, parallel twin Displacement & Bore x Stroke 471cm3 / 67 x 66.8mm Max. Power Output 54 bhp Max. Torque 48 Nm/7,000 rpm ECU Dynojet Power Commander V module Exhaust Full racing exhaust system Suspension - Front Andreani 20 mm cartridge unit (Fully adjustable for preload, compression, rebound and spring rate) Suspension - Rear Ohlins S46HR1C1L with remote preload adjuster (Fully adjustable for preload, compression, rebound and spring rate) Fairing & Protection Plastic Bike full race fairing with F.Fabbri race windscreen Febur lightweight aluminium instrument and fairing holder. MikyMotor race paintwork. Chain & Sprockets RK race chain / CHT Chiaravalli race sprockets Dimensions (LxWxH) 2,075 x 740 x 1,145mm Transmission 6 speed race sequence. HM quick shifter. Seat Race-seat removable pad. Fuel Racing fuel. 95 MOn. Lubricants Motul lubricants Brakes Motodex / HEL competition brakelines. Rizoma brake guard. SBS racing pads. Dry weight 146 Kg

post-184955-0-11504200-1385095812_thumb.

finally the specs for cbr500r racing bike for European Junior Cup below:

So a full exhaust system, an ecu and an air filter with a proper dyno tune, our bikes can go 54 hp and 48 nm from 47 rwhp and 43 nm which is cool.

Also dry weight went down to 146 kg and all these quality adjustable suspension systems, brake components etc i am sure it runs well.

But not sure if those numbers are rear wheel hp figures, if rear wheel hp figures, it is a superb improvement!

Engine type Liquid-Cooled, parallel twin Displacement & Bore x Stroke 471cm3 / 67 x 66.8mm Max. Power Output 54 bhp Max. Torque 48 Nm/7,000 rpm ECU Dynojet Power Commander V module Exhaust Full racing exhaust system Suspension - Front Andreani 20 mm cartridge unit (Fully adjustable for preload, compression, rebound and spring rate) Suspension - Rear Ohlins S46HR1C1L with remote preload adjuster (Fully adjustable for preload, compression, rebound and spring rate) Fairing & Protection Plastic Bike full race fairing with F.Fabbri race windscreen Febur lightweight aluminium instrument and fairing holder. MikyMotor race paintwork. Chain & Sprockets RK race chain / CHT Chiaravalli race sprockets Dimensions (LxWxH) 2,075 x 740 x 1,145mm Transmission 6 speed race sequence. HM quick shifter. Seat Race-seat removable pad. Fuel Racing fuel. 95 MOn. Lubricants Motul lubricants Brakes Motodex / HEL competition brakelines. Rizoma brake guard. SBS racing pads. Dry weight 146 Kg

Looks like they doubled the msrp :((

most of those gains will be from the racing fuel wink.png

does racing fuel make that much difference?

asking bc i am not sure.

yes, its oxygenated.

works on a similar principle as NOS, but not exactly the same or as powerful.

That Ohlins rear shock is around 42,000 baht sad.png

thermosman has an equivalent setup that is just as good for less.

I have only ever heard Mike ( Thermosman ) services & tunes Ohlins

Are you saying he is selling a suspension for various bikes now?

If so where?

most of those gains will be from the racing fuel Posted Image

does racing fuel make that much difference?

asking bc i am not sure.

Mate of mine used it when production racing years ago at events he knew wouldn't have testing of fuel. Reckoned it was worth at least an extra 5% power gain it was that good:-)

That Ohlins rear shock is around 42,000 baht sad.png

thermosman has an equivalent setup that is just as good for less.

I have only ever heard Mike ( Thermosman ) services & tunes Ohlins

Are you saying he is selling a suspension for various bikes now?

If so where?

yep, you have to send him an email, he has a rear shock for the cbr 250...i think its around $700

• Like 1

just got a set of pirelli rosso2s yesterday for 8600 thb including balancing and everything from 'Big Wheel' shop as they are 2 km to my office and do not have any time nowadays to go far.

Stock dunlops made 14,500 km and rear tire thread had around 1 mm left. Actually, these tires can still go a 100 km more but rear slide awkwardly a couple of days ago on wet so did not want to risk more as ti will be wet for a while in Bangkok sure!

oh boy, what a difference.biggrin.png

they transformed the bike into a different level as always expected from a fresh set of pirelli. It will get better after some break in also.

bike stops faster, accelerate harder, dive into turns faster due to its profile.

it is like my cbr500r is glued to the road now and i enjoy it the mostthumbsup.gif

Still, would like to say good things about stock dunlop d222s as they were fine for 14,500 km and still had enough grip and feedback. They were even fine on a track. I think pretty good quality for a set of stock tires on a budget bike and better and stickier than the stock dunlops on kawa 650s.

But, i totally recommend an earlier tire change to pirelli rosso2s than 14.500 km.

Which size did you buy for rear? 160?

just got a set of pirelli rosso2s yesterday for 8600 thb including balancing and everything from 'Big Wheel' shop as they are 2 km to my office and do not have any time nowadays to go far.

Stock dunlops made 14,500 km and rear tire thread had around 1 mm left. Actually, these tires can still go a 100 km more but rear slide awkwardly a couple of days ago on wet so did not want to risk more as ti will be wet for a while in Bangkok sure!

oh boy, what a difference.biggrin.png

they transformed the bike into a different level as always expected from a fresh set of pirelli. It will get better after some break in also.

bike stops faster, accelerate harder, dive into turns faster due to its profile.

it is like my cbr500r is glued to the road now and i enjoy it the mostthumbsup.gif

Still, would like to say good things about stock dunlop d222s as they were fine for 14,500 km and still had enough grip and feedback. They were even fine on a track. I think pretty good quality for a set of stock tires on a budget bike and better and stickier than the stock dunlops on kawa 650s.

But, i totally recommend an earlier tire change to pirelli rosso2s than 14.500 km.

Which size did you buy for rear? 160?

i bought the same sizes as stock tires, yes, it is 160 at rear.

• Like 1

the Rosso 2 series is actually one size lower than the equivalent size from other brands wink.png

eg; a 160 rosso 2 is actually the same as 150 from other manufacturers.

really? i never know that!

if that is true, it is better for me though as i feel 160 is to much and heavy for a 190 kg 500 cc bike.

the Rosso 2 series is actually one size lower than the equivalent size from other brands wink.png

if that is true, it is better for me though as i feel 160 is to much and heavy for a 190 kg 500 cc bike.

I didnt know either please elaborate?

• Like 1

i agree, i think the 160 is too large for the cbr500 also.

if you can speak thai, ask any big bike shop that sells them, and theyll let you know the scoop on the Rosso 2.

if you can speak thai, ask any big bike shop that sells them, and theyll let you know the scoop on the Rosso 2.

I read so many reviews and cant find anyone complaining about size. I what way are you saying they are smaller as i have a set here will be happy to verify your claim..

I read so many reviews and cant find anyone complaining about size. I what way are you saying they are smaller as i have a set here will be happy to verify your claim..

check the size and see what you get, i think the 140 comes out to 133.5 ish

would be good to know for sure.