Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

just called rsv and they said, it is a customer bike and they did is custom from parts coming from a supersport and they do not have anythign available seen on the photos. - of course i am passing the words of my female staff!

also called GLP and AP shop for O2 sensor and EFI module and they have O2 hiper sensor only for 500 series for 3500 thb but they are out of stock now and they say they are still testing the product etc and

So, none of them available right now!sad.png

Edited by ll2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Secondhand USDs sell for around 15,000 - 25,000 from anything such as a ZX636R/ZX10R CBR600RR/Fireblade etc etc.
Please noticed that the price is most likely for the forks only, add on calipers, discs, wheels and the triple clamp and any machining that might need to be done to get it all to fit.
Also don't forget to purchase the matching brake lever / master cylinder, as the last thing you want to do is cock up it's ratio.

Karl :)

P.S. I priced up a front end swap just out of interest for my 650, all in it turned out to be 40k.

Thanks for the info karlos.

Prices you mentioned make sense.

I also asked once and they said 40k for front end conversion for cbr250r.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I can see after such a steaming hot discussion this threat is slowly dying. Anyway I have been to BigWing CM for my 6000 km service and finish up repair that they started 4 months ago.

Told them to use synthetic oil like last time and filter. Got bike there at 8am got back at 3pm to pick up. Filter not changed, fairing not properly set in place. They told me they dont change filter at 6k and showed me chart. I told them if I change oil which is 650 per litre and you need 2.5 (3) I will spend another 500 to change filter, otherwise what is the point of changing oil? At least like kawa give a option offer it. So after waiting till 5 (closing time) I drove off since I had to be in Phayao before 8 I realized that they have not checked my breaks like I asked them.

My breaks sucked I had to fully press level for it to start working as hard as I could till the lever touches the handle bar. Upon asking when to change break pads they gave me answer not yet. I managed to tighten the brakes here in CR GreenWing for free but begin to wonder if I need to change my break pads, not very happy with brakes atm.

Anyone knows a shop that sells decent break pads for cbr500 and does EMS delivery?

Also does anyone knows a shop in CR (worst case scenario CM) that can install full system exhaust on a bike properly.

they change filter at 1000 km only if you ask them. I change the oil filter every oil change.

All major brands do not require an oil filter change all i know at first oil change and i dont know why as well aa metal debris at first 1000 km screws the engine.

Again, bangkok bigwing service is smooth and good and they do whatever i want properly on time.

Honda service schedule for CB500 shows NO change of filter at 6000 km. I would prefer a change with the new oil, but BigWing are not trying to just save a few baht for themselves.

As to brakes, I find them ok. Not brilliant, but certainly acceptable. You could ask someone who knows a little about bikes to check them with you to make sure there isn't a fault. And recommendations for brake pads? That's almost a new topic! So many different ideas. There is good info on pad choices at this site (excuse the fact that its a Kwaka site):

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/What_replacement_pads_should_I_consider%3F

My breaks sucked I had to fully press level for it to start working as hard as I could till the lever touches the handle bar.

That is seriously dangerous.

Bleeding your brakes / changing the pads is not rocket science and, from reading your previous posts,

I suggest that you buy some decent quality tools and start taking responsibility for the

maintenance of your motorcycle.

There is a video on youtube for just about every maintenance task you will have to perform.

It is time time to stop complaining and pick up a spanner.

Edited by ThunderDuck
  • Like 2

they change filter at 1000 km only if you ask them. I change the oil filter every oil change.

All major brands do not require an oil filter change all i know at first oil change and i dont know why as well aa metal debris at first 1000 km screws the engine.

Again, bangkok bigwing service is smooth and good and they do whatever i want properly on time.

Because on engines made with today's machinery, materials an inspection, there is no debris after 1000 Km.

Change the filter everytime you want if that makes you feel better, but is realty not strictly necessary.

post-101384-13799480916998_thumb.jpg

This is maintenance schedule

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Anyway yes I understand maybe it is not necessary to change filter, but at least after charging 1700 bht for oil offer to change a filter is only 450 bht. Kawa always give you an option here they ask.

ThunderDuck

Iam going to Bangkok next month will pick up lots of tools there. Still official shop should do a decent job also when you ask them to, not simply ignore it. When I asked when do I need to change pads he said not yet without even looking at it or testing.

Another problem Iam facing in CR, you cant get any parts here at all, 3 new shops opened and f... all there apart from clothes. Nobody can even order anything. Trying to find a shop that can get me fresh pirellis but no luck so far one shop has them but they are flipping old covered in spiders web like nobody touched them for years.

Edited by sup3r1or

ThunderDuck

Iam going to Bangkok next month will pick up lots of tools there. Still official shop should do a decent job also when you ask them to, not simply ignore it. When I asked when do I need to change pads he said not yet without even looking at it or testing.

Another problem Iam facing in CR, you cant get any parts here at all, 3 new shops opened and f... all there apart from clothes. Nobody can even order anything. Trying to find a shop that can get me fresh pirellis but no luck so far one shop has them but they are flipping old covered in spiders web like nobody touched them for years.

Sounds lke a good start.

With the right tools and a workshop manual, you may be surprised how at how much you can achieve.

As for parts, my only suggestion would be perhaps to order online from Bkk shops. Postage only ever seems

to be a couple of dollars.

Having just returned from 3 months in CR, there seems to be a particularly friendly biking community

whom I expect would lend some advice if necessary.

Edited by ThunderDuck

ThunderDuck 

Sounds lke a good start.

With the right tools and a workshop manual, you may be surprised how at how much you can achieve.

As for parts, my only suggestion would be perhaps to order online from Bkk shops. Postage only ever seems

to be a couple of dollars.

Having just returned from 3 months in CR, there seems to be a particularly friendly biking community

whom I expect would lend some advice if necessary.

I strongly do not recommend him or no one to fi and change your brakes by yourself unless you really can state that you know what you are doing. This is not a kindergarden here! You'll die and might even kill others if your brakes arent working when you need them.

Brakes ,wheels, steering. Sensible stuff.. if you wanna change the oil or the oil or air filter or even the mirrors it should be fine though haha.

• Like 2

Did anyone of you here think about hondas big wing big trip to Malaysia? If it didnt cost 25k I would love to do that ride.

There wasn't much interest in the trip to Malaysia this year. It has been canceled. They have changed it to an invite only trip to Japan. Mostly celebrity and VIP customers with import bikes.

Did anyone of you here think about hondas big wing big trip to Malaysia? If it didnt cost 25k I would love to do that ride.

There wasn't much interest in the trip to Malaysia this year. It has been canceled. They have changed it to an invite only trip to Japan. Mostly celebrity and VIP customers with import bikes.

Haah amazing thailand!

Taken from a bike forum from a member based in the US.

I've been doing ride swaps with the bro-in-law. I get his ZX-14 and he rides the CBR500R. Since then, he's decided he's sick of his ZX and wants to get rid of it. LOL...a classic example of usable power/fun in the conditions you ride every day. He wants to swap bikes.
Edited by Wong!

Taken from a bike forum from a member based in the US.

I've been doing ride swaps with the bro-in-law. I get his ZX-14 and he rides the CBR500R. Since then, he's decided he's sick of his ZX and wants to get rid of it. LOL...a classic example of usable power/fun in the conditions you ride every day. He wants to swap bikes.

I believe that is all made up! Probably one of those seniors from Honda trying to get more sales lmao.

I don't say the bike is crap I mean I own that bike even that model of it the cbr500r. But it is not "FUN" COMPARED TO THOSE OVERPOWERED LITRE BIKES. I could believe him if the weight of our bikes wasnt 200 kilos.i get from time to time some short and controlled wheel spins when accelerating out from soi to bigger roads.but then again that's mostly cause i pull the shit out of the bike and that the roads are fukin slippery ass hell in thailand. I think it's plenty of power for thai roads and for others driving behavior.

What after market pipe are you guys using for your cbr500r? I have seen alot of brands like leo vince and two brothers. .. but I haven't seen and heard them fitted on a real bike. Only on videos. In looking for mostly a nice good sound not to dark like the 2 bros.i heard a acrapovic slipon genuine one from youtube and I loved that sound. På let me know if you got any nice recommendations.

I have seen one fitten to a bike in bigwing CM during service. Sales person even started it up and revved it for me. Leo Vince LV sounded sweet and very loud without baffle.

I'am looking at buying IXIL XOVS full system 16,500 bht.

• Like 1

^

if full system exhaust, please consider a power commander ecu for greater results as you might run lean without it. Also, get an aftermarket freer flowing air filter on top and you git at least 10 percent performance increase:)

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommanders.aspx?mk=19&mdl=605&yr=2013&pc=16-039&mk-n=Honda&mdl-n=CBR500/CB500&pc-ver=PCV&add-mdlyrid=16-039&add-mdlyrid2=HON-007&fullstr=HON-00716-039&prod-type=DFCPowercommander%20V%20(Fuel%20and%20Ignition)

if you will not consider a power commander ecu and an air filter, a slip on pipe works better for you.

good luck.

• Like 1

just got a set of pirelli rosso2s yesterday for 8600 thb including balancing and everything from 'Big Wheel' shop as they are 2 km to my office and do not have any time nowadays to go far.

Stock dunlops made 14,500 km and rear tire thread had around 1 mm left. Actually, these tires can still go a 100 km more but rear slide awkwardly a couple of days ago on wet so did not want to risk more as ti will be wet for a while in Bangkok sure!

oh boy, what a difference.biggrin.png

they transformed the bike into a different level as always expected from a fresh set of pirelli. It will get better after some break in also.

bike stops faster, accelerate harder, dive into turns faster due to its profile.

it is like my cbr500r is glued to the road now and i enjoy it the mostthumbsup.gif

Still, would like to say good things about stock dunlop d222s as they were fine for 14,500 km and still had enough grip and feedback. They were even fine on a track. I think pretty good quality for a set of stock tires on a budget bike and better and stickier than the stock dunlops on kawa 650s.

But, i totally recommend an earlier tire change to pirelli rosso2s than 14.500 km.

• Like 1

Forgot to add some photos.

Also bought a dmp stand from the guys when i was there suddenly for 1800 thb as people say good things about the strength of 'dmp' stands. Also cheap and i see dmp stands in all mjor big bike shops including bigwing. That many people cannot go wrong.

Than carried the stand 20 km to home as in the last photos! A nut braking experience it was!

post-184955-13806077154394_thumb.jpg

post-184955-1380607741408_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13806077548879_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13806077733133_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13806078125949_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13806078277969_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13806078620464_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13806078733743_thumb.jpg