Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Have to back sup3r10r up here.

I had to take my bike in for repairs. Took them 6 weeks to get parts in, and a further two weeks after that in the shop for them to actually fix the bike (they also forgot to order small parts), despite telling me that it would be ready 'tomorrow' repeatedly.

I'm pretty sure BW Chiang Mai is actually a sheltered workshop.

post-63974-0-42136000-1376836399_thumb.j

• Like 2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had to take my bike in for repairs. Took them 6 weeks to get parts in, and a further two weeks after that in the shop for them to actually fix the bike (they also forgot to order small parts), despite telling me that it would be ready 'tomorrow' repeatedly.

This was something folks voiced concerns about when Honda Thailand broke the news

that anything above the 250 would need to go to Big Wing centers only for services.

Many were concerned that not many BW's existed & others that didn't exist

like CM would be rushed into business. Now it looks like the concerns may have been valid.

Sad because Honda does in fact have a decent product & already had large service presence here & yes some might be raggedy little shops

but many like Niyom Panich, Nat Honda or Sangchai Honda etc. are larger good class deals with large service areas.

If instead they had been allowed to service bigger bikes the end result would probably be better as they are very experienced.....

It sure couldn't be much worse regarding Chiang Mai branch at least given the reports so far.

Chiang Mai is also the 2nd largest population center in Thailand behind BK isn't it?

Bangkok appears to have it together by some reports.

But it is just too bad they/Honda Thailand did not make use of the large network they already had in place.

If they can service a 250 they surely could have done at least the 500's too.

• Like 1

This was something folks voiced concerns about when Honda Thailand broke the news

that anything above the 250 would need to go to Big Wing centers only for services.

Many were concerned that not many BW's existed & others that didn't exist

like CM would be rushed into business. Now it looks like the concerns may have been valid.

Sad because Honda does in fact have a decent product & already had large service presence here & yes some might be raggedy little shops

but many like Niyom Panich, Nat Honda or Sangchai Honda etc. are larger good class deals with large service areas.

If instead they had been allowed to service bigger bikes the end result would probably be better as they are very experienced.....

It sure couldn't be much worse regarding Chiang Mai branch at least given the reports so far.

Chiang Mai is also the 2nd largest population center in Thailand behind BK isn't it?

Bangkok appears to have it together by some reports.

But it is just too bad they/Honda Thailand did not make use of the large network they already had in place.

If they can service a 250 they surely could have done at least the 500's too.

it is only Chiang Mai i guess mania, really super happy with the service here. This must be special for Chiuang Mai bit if anyone let my bike sit for months, sure i let my lawyer contact wit them right away and all possible people on top of them one by one.

I strongly suggest the guys up in Chiang Mai to contact AP Honda and complain with all your might, you can let your lawyer call them as well.

otherwise, you guys will wait and wait more.

And, mania, i think they want to earn some money from big bike service at bigwings so that might be a reason why they do not let you service in another shop.

Also, i do not trust a normal honda dealer and their level of competency after seeing how they serviced my cbr250 for 20,000 km, no valve check nothign and always hard to tell them something or let them do it as those honda dealers are dealing with mass market bikes and they have lots of bikes to service so they do not want to spend much time on your cbr250, and at the end, it is the same for them to service a wave of cbr250.

By the way guys K-Speed now has Arrow slip-on for 500 series and it goes for 8500 bht. Really want to see how it sounds.

Tried to call bigwing on all the numbers nobody ever picks up. Found phone number on a random bike forum of one of their salesman (recognized him by his profile photo). Picked up said will get back to me in a few hours nobody ever did.

Going to go there at the end of the month and get that sorted.

By the way guys K-Speed now has Arrow slip-on for 500 series and it goes for 8500 bht. Really want to see how it sounds.

Tried to call bigwing on all the numbers nobody ever picks up. Found phone number on a random bike forum of one of their salesman (recognized him by his profile photo). Picked up said will get back to me in a few hours nobody ever did.

Going to go there at the end of the month and get that sorted.

superior, there is no way an Arrow is 8500 thb here. the original Arrow is going for 22 k!

k speed pipes are all fake.

superior, there is no way an Arrow is 8500 thb here. the original Arrow is going for 22 k!

k speed pipes are all fake.

That is true

They also have the Arrow copy at Pekkys but if asked they tell you it is of course a copy

This is the copy

spd_20130819114526_b.jpg

Arrow cans have a very distinctive mouth/opening

like this

mdnTE_qq0tuIP3rVbD0zknA.jpg

Is there any shop here in BKK that sells real stuff? Or do I have to import from the US? Dont want to get import tax slap.

What about devil slip-on fake as well?

In my experience even with tax & shipping (via USPS) it should be cheaper then buying locally//// YMMV

Is there any shop here in BKK that sells real stuff? Or do I have to import from the US? Dont want to get import tax slap.

What about devil slip-on fake as well?

In my experience even with tax & shipping (via USPS) it should be cheaper then buying locally//// YMMV

Any recommendations on the shops in the us with websites?

superior, i posted a link for you before all shops nearly selling exhaust for 500 series.

but here we go again:

http://www.mocyc.com/market_all.html?query=cbr500&product_status=&classified_type=&category=&sub_category=™=0&bPrice=&ePrice=&province=0&x=53&y=25

the links down after sponsored lists are stating parts for cbr500r, pipes, sliders etc

and some f the there are real like akrapovic, leo vince, arrow, two bros.

Look, i bought a 5000 thb pipe - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blue-Kraft/142527132609475 - and it is very well made as i am not thinking a power commander or a full system for this bike

and as mania stated, if the construction is fine and if it looks good to you, just buy it. You do not need a 22k pipe for a 200 k bike as most of them also sound the same!

And i think Leo Vince corsa - they use it on cbr500r racing bikes on Junior cup! - for 7000 thb is a super good price as i know it is real or leo Vince LV for 14,000 thb is also good.

If you order one from abroad, you pay at least 100 USD shipping and 30 percent tax so whatever you will bring, it will be more expensive that what they listed on the link i provided.

good luck.

Guys what do you think about this one just posted by K-Speed. Love the looks, not sure about sound but heard Kawa 650 with it and it sounds great.

Seriously considering it lol. attachicon.gif1170735_369887283114160_994655689_n.jpg

If it was mine i would check out racing spec. They have a fb and good reputation. Also why buy through a dealer when you can buy from the mfg?

Back to the CM BigWing topic. I have found the guys in the workshop are friendly, and helpful. The problem seems to be at management level. They just don't seem bothered, and certainly are losing big time on after-markets, where they have very limited stock at very high prices. I recently bought sliders for my CB500 - at Kawasaki! When I asked at BigWing they suggested I try Bangkok websites. Ok, but my Thai is terrible. I asked at Kawasaki and they proposed one make, ordered them, phoned me when they arrived and fitted them for free (well, they had already marked up the price).

Also, the luggage system for sale at Bigwing CM is a German super expensive version. OK, for some, but what about cheaper systems for those who don't want to spend 60,000 baht on luggage ? As I said, poor management practices. I hope they improve, as Honda deserves a decent dealer network for its mostly good products, and so do us mug consumers.

All generalizations are false. Especially this one.

Manager there is a total moron never wants to come on and talk. When I first phoned him he said I cant talk Iam busy with the customers in my showroom. I was like who the f am I then?

II2 that website you gave me is a mess:) how do you find anything there?

Edited by sup3r1or

Guys what do you think about this one just posted by K-Speed. Love the looks, not sure about sound but heard Kawa 650 with it and it sounds great.

Seriously considering it lol. attachicon.gif1170735_369887283114160_994655689_n.jpg

superior, although i dont like its look, reviews are fine, people like it.

it looks like real too.

if you liked it, it is a good option.

• Like 1

Seriously considering it lol.  1170735_369887283114160_994655689_n.jpg

Sup.. that Ixel pipe is imported by 320Sp over on Mocyc. Com

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Iam looking for something taht sounds nice and looks good. Increase in BHP would be great if it is possible, but I dont mind as long as I dont loose any power. So far I have no idea what to get for a slip-on. K-Speed put out all those photos out cant they just make videos as well with the sound of the pipe while they are taking pics?

Brands my thai is not that good but on every page I open there are only 1-2 photos nothing else. That IXIL pipe on second thought, this one in particular I found on the net has very small oppenings which kind of turned me off. I know I can probably take out muffler

Manager there is a total moron never wants to come on and talk. When I first phoned him he said I cant talk Iam busy with the customers in my showroom. I was like who the f am I then?

II2 that website you gave me is a mess:) how do you find anything there?

after 5 years of hunting parts for my bikes in Thailand through messy websites like a dog's breakfast, i am an expert on those kind of websites now:)

superior my humble opinion is, instead of ixil, just go forward with Leo Vince corsa - 8000 thb and it is real - or better Leo Vince LV - 14,000 thb and it gives 2 hp, the best regarding performance increase people say. And Leo Vince is used on racing and you cannot go wrong with one, just to play safe.

Also IXIL is 2 kgs and Leo Vince is 1 kg.

• Like 2

II2 does it sound nice? THanks for info about BHP gain. I was really starting to consider Two Brothers Black Series Slip on they go for around 14-15k + delivery 1500 bht. Maybe import tax. My fried ordered chain from UK for his ducati Hypermotard and they slaped 1900 bht import tax on it even though it was declared value of 100 quid. Customs opened up the box. I might get that pipe.

Too bad no one sells in credit lol. I have CC not enough cash this month.

Here are a couple more 500's with pipes for you sup

You know this LV Cobra looks good on some bikes but the 500 isn't one of them it seems smile.png

actually what the Indonesia guys do with the cobras is shorten the connector then it tends to

look less elephant trunk like & more GP-ish

1186167_10200476766981485_776693096_n.jp

Then the Akro is always popular & now they (Kittisak Racing ) say they have the full system. Probably pricey though

( love this guys riding gear smile.png )

548354_499727710115225_874395768_n.jpg

Edited by mania

Here is the Alias No Limits pipe. 18500baht. Full system.

attachicon.gif1377355091885.jpg

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

Oh they finally got the front header section for their can cool.

Looks like stainless though?

Which is fine & what many use too but I thought since they were

a titanium can they would go titanium on the headers too

Its too bad DBS doesn't do a system for the Honda 500

Their welds etc look good on their 250 systems for Honda & Kawasakis

Plus being a Thai company price is much better

Edited by mania

Here is the Alias No Limits pipe. 18500baht. Full system.

Posted Image1377355091885.jpg

Oh they finally got the front header section for their can cool.

Looks like stainless though?

Which is fine & what many use too but I thought since they were

a titanium can they would go titanium on the headers too

Maybe due to cost and performance.

finally.

i can use the same header and mid pipes for my bluekraft pipe as same guys are doing these pipes.

Wonder how much they want?

LL dont know about this Honda one but,

They quoted me 6500 baht for the alias header sections for the N250 back in mid June

So should be around there.

But also didn't they tell you that you would get a special price when arrived?

Since you bought their slip on

Edited by mania