Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

Just as expected BigWings Chiag mai assurance that my bike will be ready by the end of the week.... not happening....they still did not get that piece of plastic. Thing is they dont even bother to call. I told them I will come on Saturday but call me if something goes wrong, they said yes sure and took a number.

Ehhhh..... sorry guys just getting really pissed off....

Thats the piece they forgot to order, the black one right after white one. post-101384-0-32413100-1373617264_thumb.

Edited by sup3r1or

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just as expected BigWings Chiag mai assurance that my bike will be ready by the end of the week.... not happening....they still did not get that piece of plastic. Thing is they dont even bother to call. I told them I will come on Saturday but call me if something goes wrong, they said yes sure and took a number.

Thats the piece they forgot to order, the black one right after white one. {style_image_url}/attachicon.gif IMG-20130219-00321.jpg

That sucks! If I where you I would keep the bike for use and insisting in that they have to order the new part. And regularly call them and be pushy

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just a word about parts and a plug for a Honda shop in CM. I went to Big Wing CM the other day to get shims for my CB1. With all the shim checks being done on the 500 I figured they would have plenty in every size. No luck. Didn't have any of the sizes I wanted, so I hope any 500s having their 1st service this week don't need those size shims.

Anyway, main point is I went to Sangchai Honda near Prince Royal College. They had every size shim in stock - all 65 different sizes. (Maybe BigWing can order from them)? Efficient service and amazing range of parts, so if you cannot find bits at Big Wing that are Honda generic, try Songchai.

did you get cbr 500 specific shims or were they for the cbr 250 and interchangeable?

did you get cbr 500 specific shims or were they for the cbr 250 and interchangeable?

I dont think there is such a thing

I think Hondas all use 7.48mm shims except a couple odd models like RC-51 & VTR-1000 they use a larger diameter shim 9.48

380 Euro for 1000km service of a cheap thai made 470cc bike? Unbelievable

Have they been told the brake pads from that single front rotor only last 5k km yet? biggrin.png

Where did you get this info?

A poster on here was saying it.

Guess it's to do with having a single rotor on a 190+kg bike.

Posters on here say a variety of things.

Don't believe everything you read here rolleyes.gif

Apart for the fact that my brake pads are still ok after 7000 km, I won't be telling porkies.

Thats the piece they forgot to order, the black one right after white one. attachicon.gifIMG-20130219-00321.jpg

Kind of a bummer when people buy a lower spec, locally produced bike to avoid all the hassles of waiting for spare parts. I ordered some helibars from Ebay UK for my gsxr on June 25th, they landed on my desk July 2nd and my mechanic fitted them and also changed my oil and filter within 2 hours of turning up (without an appointment) July 6th.

And yet people continue to believe the myth that the official dealers have every spare part for every bike they sell clearly labeled on a shelf in a secret room behind the receptionist...

380 Euro for 1000km service of a cheap thai made 470cc bike? Unbelievable

Have they been told the brake pads from that single front rotor only last 5k km yet? Posted Image

Where did you get this info?

A poster on here was saying it.

Guess it's to do with having a single rotor on a 190+kg bike.

Don't believe everything you read here Posted Image

Apart for the fact that my brake pads are still ok after 7000 km, I won't be telling porkies.

Porkies looool hahaha

Thats the piece they forgot to order, the black one right after white one. Posted ImageIMG-20130219-00321.jpg

Kind of a bummer when people buy a lower spec, locally produced bike to avoid all the hassles of waiting for spare parts. I ordered some helibars from Ebay UK for my gsxr on June 25th, they landed on my desk July 2nd and my mechanic fitted them and also changed my oil and filter within 2 hours of turning up (without an appointment) July 6th.

And yet people continue to believe the myth that the official dealers have every spare part for every bike they sell clearly labeled on a shelf in a secret room behind the receptionist...

Expect competence where none has been demonstrated?

I think that having the attitude that everyone is an idiot until they prove otherwise will spare a lot of disappointment...can only go upwards if bar is low enough.

• Like 1

Don't believe everything you read here rolleyes.gif

Cool mate. The poster who posted it is/was a bit emotional.

Edited by Salapoo

Bam hanged up on me. Nobody ever called back (yes they do have my number). Seriously <deleted>? They should close down and be ashamed of this customer service. No wonder they deleted their FB page.

That hanging up on you ......don't feel singled out as I got the same.

But the pisser is they will not pick up if you call right back.

• Like 1

^ The joys of dealing with Thai people. biggrin.png

I actually deal with many very helpful Thai folks/businesses.

It is just now & then you come across a business that for better or worse take this tack.

These businesses you can see are usually not investing their own money but usually work for absent owners

These are the ones that do not know the meaning of repeat business or care about their reputation.

I would guess a Honda shop like the one the Forum Sponsor Brian here runs is top notch.

That is because there is a family behind it & they take part in the business.

They care about the future of their business

Some of these other big wing "branches" don't appear to have the same stake in the game.

To make it worse Honda has given them a free hand because folks can only buy & service the bigger Honda's there

so they WILL get business they may not deserve.

Not sure how it will turn out.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Well I called today again finally got a hold of the mechanic, going to pick up my bike tomorrow around 4-5pm. What are you up to mania at that time?

Picking up on a Sunday afternoon?

Kind if surprised their open

Tomorrow is my wife's day off so we usually take a ride or hit a movie etc.

But I will surely be home by 4-5pm because tomorrow is MotoGP at Sachsenring

Moto3 -4pm

Moto2 -5:20

MotoGP -7pm biggrin.png

Edited by mania

Well I called today again finally got a hold of the mechanic, going to pick up my bike tomorrow around 4-5pm. What are you up to mania at that time?

Picking up on a Sunday afternoon?

Kind if surprised their open

Tomorrow is my wife's day off so we usually take a ride or hit a movie etc.

But I will surely be home by 4-5pm because tomorrow is MotoGP at Sachsenring

Moto3 -4pm

Moto2 -5:20

MotoGP -7pm biggrin.png

Yes they are opened on Sunday till 8 or 10 pm from around 1.

Great enjoy, was wondering if you are free to meet up but its okay.

Yes they are opened on Sunday till 8 or 10 pm from around 1.

Great enjoy, was wondering if you are free to meet up but its okay.

Odd hours eh?

I would have been happy to meet up with you to ride or even rode part way back with you to CR

if only it wasn't tomorrow

Next time?

Wow iam f... Pissed off i drove to cm today my baby girl is in the hospital with dengue fever. They said bike will be ready bt 5pm. I arrived they still dont have the part they were waiting for. What the f they said it will be ready by 5 today. At the shop everyone denied speaking to me.

I told them to put it together now and iam leaving. They used old part from mine to put it all together. Now when i rev i get annoying buzzing sound from somewhere close to windshield. They said its cuz one part is damages but its bs. As sound comes from front not side of the bike. Have to look into it myself tmr

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Personally, I would have waited until until the young one was sorted out before heading off to pick up my bike.

Priorities and all that stuff. Surely the bike is not more important than .........?

Wow iam f... Pissed off i drove to cm today my baby girl is in the hospital with dengue fever. They said bike will be ready bt 5pm. I arrived they still dont have the part they were waiting for. What the f they said it will be ready by 5 today. At the shop everyone denied speaking to me.

I told them to put it together now and iam leaving. They used old part from mine to put it all together. Now when i rev i get annoying buzzing sound from somewhere close to windshield. They said its cuz one part is damages but its bs. As sound comes from front not side of the bike. Have to look into it myself tmr

Try to never mind mate, TIT, it will be sorted at some stage in the future, so don't worry about it too much.

All the best, have a cold one and relax. smile.png Best wishes to the little one.

At the shop everyone denied speaking to me.

I learned very early on in my previous career back home, always, absolutely always get and note the name and position of the person you are talking to, and also note the time and date. Do so very politely at the end of any business or professional phone call. smile.png

Edited by Salapoo

Try giving your daughter some papaya leaf juice. Its making the rounds on facebook that it helps alleviate symptoms.

Personally, I would have waited until until the young one was sorted out before heading off to pick up my bike.

Priorities and all that stuff. Surely the bike is not more important than .........?

Of course not, but I drove her and my wife to CM to admit in the hospital. While they were sleeping I went to get the bike.

KRS1 mate where can I get that stuff?

Of course not, but I drove her and my wife to CM to admit in the hospital. While they were sleeping I went to get the bike.

Thats great sup3r1or. I hope you get both the little one and the bike sorted out soon thumbsup.gif

Was riding with one this morning that had an aftermarket exhaust, sounded great!

Don't know what pipe but it was all silver and looked a bit like the stock Ninja 250 one. Good to see it sounding so good with a pipe and not like the similarly engined Kawa 650 does when it's set to loud.

Edited by Salapoo

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry that I just saw your post.

You simply boil leaves from a papaya tree and drink the boiled water.

How much taller is the windshield and also if you could tell where did you get it and how much? Does it wooble and move around on high speeds or is it rock stable as the stock? Those sliders looks quite rock solid to! How much and where can I get thoose? Cheers!

I found this frame sliders on a online shop called 678 racing on facebook. There is a screen shot of their name snd logo below. In like how this sliders are mounted low. 5500 bath is not cheap though. What you guys think?

post-63766-13760236840086_thumb.jpg

post-63766-13760236960195_thumb.jpg

post-63766-1376023704966_thumb.jpg

post-63766-13760237218006_thumb.jpg

post-63766-13760237388677_thumb.jpg

post-63766-13760237470871_thumb.jpg

post-63766-13760237596414_thumb.jpg

post-63766-13760245315982_thumb.jpg

I found this frame sliders on a online shop called 678 racing on facebook. There is a screen shot of their name snd logo below. In like how this sliders are mounted low. 5500 bath is not cheap though. What you guys think?

I think as you say that is kind of pricey for sliders.

Also yes mounted very low & may not be the best location?

Lastly I like to see the mount area footprint larger. May just be a theory but I tend to think it is better to spread

the load if the bike is to be sliding on it with all its weight on that extended point. It would I think be better

with a larger mount area spreading that load. Also should be using the frame as a mount point too not just engine.

I am guess that pic you showed is using the frame thru the front engine mount?

Again those are just my thoughts on it.

Something like this is more like what I have

This one is for your 500 cbr & runs 2900 baht

Made by Moth racing in Bangkok

Same brand as mine although I know some Honda folks dont like to have the larger plate for aesthetic reasons?

Since I have full fairings you dont see mine. But even if I had a Honda I would not mind this type.

Also you can get different colors

http://www.club517superbike.com/product-FrameSliderHONDACBR500R-196311-2.html

Edited by mania