Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow just, wow. Before anyone heads to BigWing Chiang Mai. New story for today.

My bike was there for a repair for 2.5 months with light damage. After 2 months they realized they forgot to order one part. I have mentioned that before. When my wife and daughter admired to the hospital in CM and I got a call to pick up the bike I did show up. That was a joke bike wasnt ready one plastic piece was missing (that they ordered after they forgot). I told them I will not put up with this sh...t put the bike back together use old piece (its just a small plastic piece next to fairing on left side). Also realized they have not replaced gear pedal that was bent (they used hammer and pliers, I have seen to straighten that one out on day one).

What pissed me off, is that when I drove off at 3000 rpm I hear a buzzing plastic sound quite loud, I came back to the shop 20 mins later, they took a look at it and engineer told me its because that piece is slighly broken (the old one they used). I said how the f can sound come from front of the bike when the piece that is damages in on the left? It is true.

I checked many things but until today, a month later I have not looked to tighten the alan key bolts under the rights on the inside, where the forks are. What surprised me? 2 out of 3 bolts are missing!!!!!!!!!!!! <deleted>? how can a company be so f.... irresponsible? Yes its a fairing not big deal, but what if they forget to put it into a part that will cost you your life? Called them 2 days in a row, after 1 call nobody picked up for 2 days when I call.

Stay away from that shop, drive to BKK if you can. I had better job done on my bike by 1 engineer at Kawasaki in CR than in that store in BW CM

• Like 1

Wow just, wow. Before anyone heads to BigWing Chiang Mai. New story for today.

My bike was there for a repair for 2.5 months with light damage. After 2 months they realized they forgot to order one part. I have mentioned that before. When my wife and daughter admired to the hospital in CM and I got a call to pick up the bike I did show up. That was a joke bike wasnt ready one plastic piece was missing (that they ordered after they forgot). I told them I will not put up with this sh...t put the bike back together use old piece (its just a small plastic piece next to fairing on left side). Also realized they have not replaced gear pedal that was bent (they used hammer and pliers, I have seen to straighten that one out on day one).

What pissed me off, is that when I drove off at 3000 rpm I hear a buzzing plastic sound quite loud, I came back to the shop 20 mins later, they took a look at it and engineer told me its because that piece is slighly broken (the old one they used). I said how the f can sound come from front of the bike when the piece that is damages in on the left? It is true.

I checked many things but until today, a month later I have not looked to tighten the alan key bolts under the rights on the inside, where the forks are. What surprised me? 2 out of 3 bolts are missing!!!!!!!!!!!! <deleted>? how can a company be so f.... irresponsible? Yes its a fairing not big deal, but what if they forget to put it into a part that will cost you your life? Called them 2 days in a row, after 1 call nobody picked up for 2 days when I call.

Stay away from that shop, drive to BKK if you can. I had better job done on my bike by 1 engineer at Kawasaki in CR than in that store in BW CM

Sup3r1or, you have to face the fact that because of your unfortunate history with Big Wing and this bike (probably caused by many miscommunications, mistakes by new staff, and your lack of experience too) you are not a person they are going to try to please. There is an aspect of Thai culture going on here where they are not going to do anything confrontational to clear the air or to even make you aware there is a problem. But you really seem to be getting the lowest quality service possible, short of sabotage. If I were you I would get any minor issues sorted out by other means, and if I had anything major, I would get my bike to a different Big Wing.

I don't think however that others are experiencing the same trouble with Big Wing in CM.

I agree! In thailand you have to be very polite and almost lick their ass to make them do the job for you in a decent way. If how ever you are complaining or beeing unpolite you surely will expect an ignorant service by the staff and yes in worse case sabotage.

I remember taking just the scooter to a oem honda dealer a few months back and at first the mechanic was very nice and everything seems to be fine until I asked him to look more into the bike and fix more issues he started to raise his voice abit like he was complaining when he talked to me. Believe me this is how it works in Thailand. I remember I wanted to change the front brake and also the disc to it. After 30 mins or so they told me they didnt have the front disc brake plate. So he put the wheel back again and I drove to another honda dealer.

When the other mechanic at the new dealer looked at my brakes he told me how did I manage to drive all the way here. And I asked him why? What do you mean?

He then pointed at the front forks where they are attached to the front wheel and there I saw this bolt ALL LOOSE AND POOKING OUT ATLEAST 2CM.

Believe me if they dont like you they will really show it here in thailand. Its more personal than businesses here.

How ever im not saying that you where an <deleted> with them but the way I see it you didnt lick their ass good enough ;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

dont blame superior for not licking some a.ses. bigwing opened a shop there for thais and farang alike and if he did not kiss some a.sses, it is not a fault!

definitely, this is poor service. things are fine here in bangkok so report it to bigwing headquarters if have not done yet, everyday try to call, send mails etc. bc this is really not normal.

of course, we only know your side of the story though.

• Like 1

All this talk about understanding Thai culture and no one is making the obvious connection: sup3r1or's bike is cursed. Some malicious or mischievous spirit has climbed aboard. Sure, this latest episode can be easily explained as the kind of crappy customer service many of us have received over here. But let's not forget that sup3r1or's problems go back pretty much to day 1 and include things like spills that you cannot blame on Big Wing. Time maybe to call in some heavy-hitting monks or part ways with the bike and start anew?

• Like 1

Iam not the only one before anyone jumps to conclusion.

Met one farang chap here in CR with his Cb500X, that he bought in CM. His first service, I had heard story from my collegue and he (chap on cbx) confirmed it. On his fist service 1000km they have changed only his oil but not the filter, he was at the workshop. Took it for a spin check the brakes and done, when he said <deleted>? they said its okay at 1000km " We do it all the time" not changing oil filter. He had do go head to head at 10cm distance with manager of the shop, which like in my case did f.... all. They changed filter but not oil and then charged him a normal price for both. So at that time their normal procedure at 1000km service was change oil and done.

I tried to raise hell few times there but my wife always steered me away from it, they were really nice to her. Then again no point of raising hell if no one understands.

CM Daz if you had no issues with them it doesn't mean there isnt any, go to cbr500riders and take a look, iam not the only one. If there is a problem with a bike at the manufacturers level they are suppose to do something about it, if they are concerned about their customers safely. They couldn't care less, because not a single sht that they have pointed about while filling in insurance claim was properly changed.

Edited by sup3r1or
  • Like 1

I agree with Canuckamuck. They're either totally incompetent or you've upset them (more likely both) in which case you'll continue to get poor service out of spite. Once you've sorted the existing issues then it's time to try a different shop but your options are limited, this is a drawback of buying a bike that can only be serviced at BigWing shops which are few and far between.

If it was me I'd forget the remainder of the warranty and take it to a decent mechanic from now on, I've heard Piston in CM is pretty good? Or maybe use BW Chiang Rai for the remainder of the warranty if you don't want to lose it.

• Like 2

I agree with Canuckamuck. They're either totally incompetent or you've upset them (more likely both) in which case you'll continue to get poor service out of spite. Once you've sorted the existing issues then it's time to try a different shop but your options are limited, this is a drawback of buying a bike that can only be serviced at BigWing shops which are few and far between.

If it was me I'd forget the remainder of the warranty and take it to a decent mechanic from now on, I've heard Piston in CM is pretty good? Or maybe use BW Chiang Rai for the remainder of the warranty if you don't want to lose it.

Superior, I strongly suggest you to keep your warranty with bigwing even if they have bad service. Losing a 3 years warranty in first 6 months does not sound reasonable to me. These are new design bikes made in Thailand and what if you got your engine broken badly somehow, who can guarantee this will never happen? (case: blown engine of Nikster's Kawa Versys suddenly!)

and, you go to a kawa service, is it much different?

All the same problems at Kawa shops, they refuse to show the parts they changed and long waiting etc.

These kind of service problems will never improve in Thailand, it is six years now and i lost my hope and tired of dealing with bike service and mechs which mostly ends up with a fiasco with your money!

Fortunately, things are fine at Bigwing Bangkok so i am getting something close to proper first time in Thailand - same as Kawa big bike service.

To blame Honda Bigwing Chiang Mai fully on 2 months time to fix a clutch and ordering fairings, i really want to know their side of the story as well not only Superior's side as this sounds totally abnormal.

Edited by ll2

Superior, I strongly suggest you to keep your warranty with bigwing even if they have bad service. Losing a 3 years warranty in first 6 months does not sound reasonable to me. These are new design bikes made in Thailand and what if you got your engine broken badly somehow, who can guarantee this will never happen? (case: blown engine of Nikster's Kawa Versys suddenly!)

All the same problems at Kawa shops, they refuse to show the parts they changed and long waiting etc.

These kind of service problems will never improve in Thailand, it is six years now and i lost my hope and tired of dealing with bike service and mechs which mostly ends up with a fiasco with your money!

Fortunately, things are fine at Bigwing Bangkok so i am getting something close to proper first time in Thailand - same as Kawa big bike service.

To blame Honda Bigwing Chiang Mai fully on 2 months time to fix a clutch and ordering fairings, i really want to know their side of the story as well not only Superior's side as this sounds totally abnormal.

Agreed you should keep your warranty by doing the minimum service required by you manual.......As for kawaski being the same well i have not experienced it @ rama 9, CM, CR and mittyon pattaya. I have used all and never needed an appointment or waited more then a week for parts. Of course when at rama 9 parts were always in stock.

• Like 2

Agreed you should keep your warranty by doing the minimum service required by you manual.......As for kawaski being the same well i have not experienced it @ rama 9, CM, CR and mittyon pattaya. I have used all and never needed an appointment or waited more then a week for parts. Of course when at rama 9 parts were always in stock.

+1 nothing but good things to say about Kawasaki CM

I did have to wait 2 weeks for a new speedo but that was because Bangkok did not

even have it. But when it arrived Kawasaki CM installed it free & it was not a warranty job

nor their doing that it was broken.

I have always been treated very well there. As such would like to remain their customer.

PS: Sup3r1or If I were you & what you have gone thru I would maybe consider selling it

& buying a Kawasaki Ninja 300. You might just about break even & be happier

Edited by mania

Honda Bangkok is also good and never even wait a single day for anythign there. And they repair bikes pretty quickly as well. Hear good things about Bigwing Udon Thani too.

This is why it would be good to know the other side of the story from Bigwing CM so we can know if it is about individuals or about Honda.

Problems i heard are about Kawa is from other riders but yankee, maybe you get specialty bc you own a z1000?:)

and downgrading from a cbr500r to kawa ninja 300 is not necessary IMO same as it is not necessary to upgrade from ninja 250 to ninja 300.

and downgrading from a cbr500r to kawa ninja 300 is not necessary IMO same as it is not necessary to upgrade from ninja 250 to ninja 300.

I am not too sure it would be a downgrade

But the main reason I mentioned it is

Sup seems to have a bad relationship going with CM Bigwing

I do not think it will get better.

He is limited in choice because of where he lives & is basically

stuck with Cm Bigwing should he choose to continue.

On the other hand Kawasaki CM seems to have a very good rep & he could start anew.

If I were to change the bike I would go for Ninja 650 but I dont have the money to do it atm. Not a fan of the siting position on that one as well though I love how it looks.

Kawa in CR is owned by the same family as the one in CM. They have only one small shop but people are very nice, they did a few minor adjustments and chain cleaning for me and have not charged me a single baht for it.

At their shop ninja 650 is 291k at the moment.

• Like 1

I am not too sure it would be a downgrade

But the main reason I mentioned it is

Sup seems to have a bad relationship going with CM Bigwing

I do not think it will get better.

He is limited in choice because of where he lives & is basically

stuck with Cm Bigwing should he choose to continue.

On the other hand Kawasaki CM seems to have a very good rep & he could start anew.

it is all about luck and yes, i agree with you, if he gets a ninja 300 or 650, he will be more happier up North as Kawa CM is open for a long time and i am sure they are more organized.

What bigwing CM is doing is banana business it looks like!

I have a KLX250 from Kawa CM.

I have a Cb500X from Honda Big disapointment wing.

The service and everything at Kawasaki has been first Class.

The Service and everything at Honda has been abysmal.

I'm pretty sure they didn't check the Valves at 1000K but they ticked the box on the book so it's my word against there's.

they admitted not changing the Filter because they basically couldn't be arsed. it was changed an hour later when I insisted.

can't say anything more really. obviously it was all my fault due to my lack of Thainess

• Like 2

Have to back sup3r10r up here.

I had to take my bike in for repairs. Took them 6 weeks to get parts in, and a further two weeks after that in the shop for them to actually fix the bike (they also forgot to order small parts), despite telling me that it would be ready 'tomorrow' repeatedly.

I'm pretty sure BW Chiang Mai is actually a sheltered workshop.