Has Anyone Actually Seen A Ghost In Thailand?

Chads

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that Thai people are obsessed with ghosts, can it have something to do with level and quality of edjucation?

so all you friends who dropped out of school believe in Ghosts, most Thais have a BD.

The post was a question (question mark) and not a statement. No, my drop-out friends do not believe in ghosts, that is not a part of my culture. Let me make an example, a Thai friend had a single car accident. After a very short while the rumors fly in the village that she saw a ghost on the road and thats why she crashed when in reality she had a flat tire in bad weather conditions and run in to a tree.

This rumor would be impossible to spread in the western world, and I believe it is a matter of education.

ok, If you do believe that its education or lack of it, why when I asked if your friends believe in Ghosts did you write it's not part of your culture.

your saying lack of education is the reason, in another sentence you say culture.

if education is the key, a person with a Batchalor Degree would have a greater belief in Ghosts then a person with a Masters.

culture makes sense, they were not strongly influenced by westerners until recently compared to many cultures, the village beliefs are still strong as they were not battered around the head with bibles by mormons and jehovas and thus continued believing their tribal law.

later they infused their tribal beliefs with their Buddhist beliefs until they are somewhat unaware that certain beliefs of theirs are in fact not Buddhist until it's pointed out to them.

Whilst their tribal beliefs still invade every aspect of their lives, so do many old Europeans, and if you read the Bible or the Koran you will find a few thousand stories well on par with The three Bears and little red riding Hood.

There is a whole country that exists in Europe, the vatican, based on the belief that the son of God walked on water amongst other things, raising the dead, mum was a virgin.

considering all that, are they really uneducated, after all the beliefs predate most.

The fact that Thai people are obsessed with ghosts, can it have something to do with level and quality of edjucation?

so all you friends who dropped out of school believe in Ghosts, most Thais have a BD.

The post was a question (question mark) and not a statement. No, my drop-out friends do not believe in ghosts, that is not a part of my culture. Let me make an example, a Thai friend had a single car accident. After a very short while the rumors fly in the village that she saw a ghost on the road and thats why she crashed when in reality she had a flat tire in bad weather conditions and run in to a tree.

This rumor would be impossible to spread in the western world, and I believe it is a matter of education.

ok, If you do believe that its education or lack of it, why when I asked if your friends believe in Ghosts did you write it's not part of your culture.

your saying lack of education is the reason, in another sentence you say culture.

if education is the key, a person with a Batchalor Degree would have a greater belief in Ghosts then a person with a Masters.

culture makes sense, they were not strongly influenced by westerners until recently compared to many cultures, the village beliefs are still strong as they were not battered around the head with bibles by mormons and jehovas and thus continued believing their tribal law.

later they infused their tribal beliefs with their Buddhist beliefs until they are somewhat unaware that certain beliefs of theirs are in fact not Buddhist until it's pointed out to them.

Whilst their tribal beliefs still invade every aspect of their lives, so do many old Europeans, and if you read the Bible or the Koran you will find a few thousand stories well on par with The three Bears and little red riding Hood.

There is a whole country that exists in Europe, the vatican, based on the belief that the son of God walked on water amongst other things, raising the dead, mum was a virgin.

considering all that, are they really uneducated, after all the beliefs predate most.

Thank you for a very clarifying explanation.

You answered my question, and you convinced me that the answer is no.

It's a part of their old religion, not about their poor education.

I did not believe in ghosts until I drove along Walking Street pattaya at 8am, on my way to immigration and believe me, the ghouls roaming that street in the morning after the the night before are scarier than the scariest zombie movies.

go and see, and you will believe!