Bangkok 'pretty' Left Unconscious After Botched Bootleg Injection

webfact

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kratae’s 62-year-old father, Lamiat Khetkhan, told Daily News that his daughter had supported the whole family as a “pretty”
“We thought of Kratae as the pillar of our family, who earned money to look after her younger sister and mum and dad,” he said. “All [we] hope is for our daughter to get better.”

Such touching words from the loving father almost make me cry.

• Like 2

Sadly, women become slaves to skin color and beauty starting in childhood. Recently a Chula coed killed herself because her 'friends' said she wasn't pretty. Sad.

I hope this woman survives ... after all, unlike in the West, she was supporting family members.

Can anybody explain to me what is a pretty?

They are the girls in high heels and tight dresses at car shows, sales conferences, etc.

Paid to stand around and look pretty. At 33 too old to work any more.

Not paid to have sex as another poster has suggested.

mmmm.... in my experience they are,...........just have to pay a bit more .

They are the girls in high heels and tight dresses at car shows, sales conferences, etc.

Thanks for the explanation. Sad story with tragic results for her and her family. There is a lot of this type of thing going on here, as well as in the US and probably elsewhere, but hopefully this story helps to serve as a warning to others.

Anyone who has been in sales would be lying to you if they said physical appearances don't matter. If you have an attractive lady selling you a car compared to a fat slob selling you the same car, who are you going to buy it from? Odd's are you're likely to pay MORE from the attractive woman. It's human nature. She was trying to keep her job. Sad but true.

In Thailand I would buy from whoever could do quickest delivery or best price.

haha lets say everything is exactly equal. delivery time. The car, the options. The only difference is who is selling it to you. You're likely to buy it from the more attractive person. Whether they be male or female.

Not disagreeing with in terms of salespeople but it is more about the marketing. The attractive person gets you interested in a particular product often stopping you from even looking at competitors. So while Tommo may buy from the fat guy with the better deal, there is a good chance it was the attractive marketing that led him to that model.

I have to say I don't think I have seen a more narcissistic race of people. Go through any of the big stores and they sit around, males and females preening themselves, even the motorcycle taxi guys can be seen preening in front of their mirrors. So, sadly, it is inevitable that this kind of tragic event will happen and so called 'doctors' will be out to make a buck. I remember going into a large well to do hospital once and there at the entrance was a bevy of beauties, in their short shorts and thigh high boots advertising some slimming programme. Or at the gym where the farangs just grab any old pair of grotty shorts and T shirt and get into it, but there was this Thai guy with his beautifully whitened shoes and matching top and bottoms, standing in front of a mirror...' hmmm, collar up..no collar down ... no collar up ... oh dam_n I've got a pimple...'

I would almost doubt your story but I can see you took a picture of the primping Thai all in white and posted it as your avitar picture. wink.pngbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Kratae’s 62-year-old father, Lamiat Khetkhan, told Daily News that his daughter had supported the whole family as a “pretty”
“We thought of Kratae as the pillar of our family, who earned money to look after her younger sister and mum and dad,” he said. “All [we] hope is for our daughter to get better.”

TIT,........in india/china its a little different, in thailand a "pretty " daughter is usually more benificial than a "strong " son finacialy , more so if your poor ... if you know about thai culture /tradition ...everything is given to the sons, nothing to the daughters , ..yet the daughters, esp the 1st , is to take care of the parents ,.........physicaly and financialy.......even after the sons get all the wealth ...............STONE AGE ! excuse any spelling , im on the stella }

TIT,........in india/china its a little different, in thailand a "pretty " daughter is usually more benificial than a "strong " son finacialy , more so if your poor ... if you know about thai culture /tradition ...everything is given to the sons, nothing to the daughters , ..yet the daughters, esp the 1st , is to take care of the parents ,.........physicaly and financialy.......even after the sons get all the wealth ...............STONE AGE ! excuse any spelling , im on the stella }

Males make more and have more opportunity than females in Thailand but there still is the tendency for the boy child to be treated like a king while the girls is made to feel less important. When the girl gets older and finds herself to be able to finally be in a position to be important to the family, she often does while the son has no such emotional baggage and in fact often has the inner belief the world revolves around them.

I don't think there is a cultural expectation for girls to take care of their parents and males will too but usually don't have to because the females feel more of an emotional need to do this. I'm not sure if in days gone by that males took better care of the parents in old age or what the reason is that they still get treated as the most valuable when in reality it is most often the girl who takes care of the parents.

• Like 1

By the way.........there are essential cosmetic procedures, people who have been born badly deformed or injured in accidents for example. By definition these procedures also carry risks but the benefits are far more tangible and essential in these cases.

In this particular topic it's vanity cosmetic procedures.......so that's a different matter altogether.

Cosmetic surgery, in this case and many others I am sure, was not for pure vanity. She was earning money though her looks. As she aged this became more difficult and she wanted to extend her ‘useful’ or productive life. This is true for many working in the entertainment business; both at the start of their working life and as in this case, it begins to end.

The main question is not whether she wanted to do this surgery or not, it is that unsafe procedures were on offer that I suppose were much cheaper than the legit ones, and she chose to go cheap, and tragedy struck. Unfortunate choice, but maybe the only one she felt she could make.

Edited by tominbkk
  • Like 1

I am very sorry that after 43 posts on this board, there is not one poster that has mention their outrage on what this Quack has done, and why there is no police after this guy. After all, what he has done is illegal. bah.gif

Edited by cougar52
  • Like 1

nisa, ; your 1st pharagraph i can agree with a little,..your second one is nonsense ,i have never seen or heard of a son taking care of m&d unless the sisters are good looking and gone to "work" in the city,.........or the sons are just lazy ..as per usual,....the oldest daughter by tradition,culture, way of life, or whatever are the THE ones to be left holding m&d hands ............i've seen it in BOTH my thai marraiges, ...........lucky for me i had number 2 daughter,.......2 brothers shared 50 rai and 3 daughters shared 6 rai,...similar in my 1st marraige, and in both , 1 in issan 2 in s.e were the same,...............maybe you married money , maybe you dont understand , or they are not telling you the truth .............but thats thai tradition/culture,..........this is a sexist country you did'nt know ???..........its not emotional need the daughters feel,........its repression / expectation and obligation, .......why do the sons get x 10 of the daughters ??..................smell the coffee ??
Edited by osiboy

In all families (or other groupings) the duties and needs of the group are shared around. Why is it that we (me included) are so surprised at an arrangement that is not: the man of the family earning the money; a woman doing domestic duties; the junior members getting ready for independent life and helping in domestic? The same comments would be made and not get the sarcastic response if it were the man in danger of his life.

Thanks for the explanation. Sad story with tragic results for her and her family. There is a lot of this type of thing going on here, as well as in the US and probably elsewhere, but hopefully this story helps to serve as a warning to others.

sad story yes,a warning to others i wont think so,thai moto let it happen first.as for keeping the family my wf.says if your able bodied and young enough get off your arse and earn you wont get sweat fanny adams off me.

I am very sorry that after 43 posts on this board, there is not one poster that has mention their outrage on what this Quack has done, and why there is no police after this guy. After all, what he has done is illegal. bah.gif

I appreciate it is a busy thread and things can be missed while scrolling through not only the respectful debate, but having also to try ignoring the sick comments.

Try post 10 which not only refers to this person but all such cases everyone is familiar with and in some cases effected by..

" It,s about time they got around to introducing meaningful laws and ethical guidelines relating to what can and what cannot be advertised in relation to not only health and beauty matters but many questionable subjects.

May you regain consciousness “Kratae” and the B*st*rd who provided this service get some meaningful punishment for their actions."

marshbags thumbsup.gif

This is not good and it is getting a lot of T.V. coverage. Condolences. Ladies beware. You are as beautiful as you are going to be, no operation/injection etc., is really going to change that, only in your mind, and be aware of the risks involved. There are no guarantees in life.

A man in the U.S recently arrested for injecting cement among other things into the buttocks of women who wanted to be larger.

There's girls who earn a living being 'smart' (YS?) and girls who earn a living being 'pretty'.

Smart girls go to university and pretty girls go for a collagen-treatment to a doctor.

Girls who are smart and pretty is a fenomenon Thai society can't deal with.

Edited by saengsureeya

I have to say I don't think I have seen a more narcissistic race of people. Go through any of the big stores and they sit around, males and females preening themselves, even the motorcycle taxi guys can be seen preening in front of their mirrors. So, sadly, it is inevitable that this kind of tragic event will happen and so called 'doctors' will be out to make a buck. I remember going into a large well to do hospital once and there at the entrance was a bevy of beauties, in their short shorts and thigh high boots advertising some slimming programme. Or at the gym where the farangs just grab any old pair of grotty shorts and T shirt and get into it, but there was this Thai guy with his beautifully whitened shoes and matching top and bottoms, standing in front of a mirror...' hmmm, collar up..no collar down ... no collar up ... oh dam_n I've got a pimple...'

Couldn't agree more. It's impossible for a young Thai (or Vientiane Lao) to walk past a mirror without stopping.

Seems Papa will have to get off his Lao Cao soaked stool and get a job to support his family. So easy to live off your bar Girl Daughters. I've seen it happen in my village many times. Papa is usually heavy into the Lao Cao. Never works rice or sugar cane; but always has time to go to the Chinese Gambling Dens. Lao Cao & whoa on Friday nite at the local slaughter house ... Priceless

So basically she was a hooker.

Most of these 'pretties' are.

Typical moronic statement from an individual without so much as a clue what he's talking about.

Pretties are promotion girls who are paid to stand around at events looking pretty next to or holding the product being sold.

Most of them are NOT hookers.

Ah but in your own words MOST?

jb1

It is not just the girls fault. The bigger problem is the society. I have been in thailand for about 10 years now and I have seen how important the looks are for Thai People. I have even heard thai person say that they prefer not to talk to people that are not good looking - Both Guys or Girls. everybody might not agree to that but that might be the extreme case that I am giving. If in normal life people can think that way then a girl working as a presenter.... - definitely needed to look pretty - Not just in thailand... That is true for everywhere...

Apparently they've arrested the man already ('Dr Bob'), but he's not a actually a real doctor, just a doctor's assistant in some sort of beauty clinic/plastic surgery establishment. It was reported he regularly carried out the procedure in his Latprao condo and was known by word of mouth in the katoey and 'pretty girl' circles.

One of the doctors interviewed surmised that the needle may have inadvertently hit a blood vessel leading to the collagen entering the blood stream and travelling to the heart and lungs with tragic consequences.

http://www.komchadlu...ml#.UFvq364zQ2E

What I find sad is that the ******* family is sponging on her and expecting that she keep them forever. She felt the pressure so had to take drastic action.

They are possibly more concerned about losing their freeloader status than their daughter being a vegetable, unless of course there is another one to take her place.

Hardened Soul, you are indeed hardened. Why so aggressive? It's just as easy to leave out the abuse and correct him. No need to tear him apart. Jim Beam makes a valid point; you said most aren't hookers, but not all. Why would the pretties be any different from another group?

Edited by F4UCorsair
  • Like 1

The kind of quackery that goes on in Thailand is mind-boggling, particularly among the katoey community. I saw a television series of a doctor in Pratunam doing 'sex change' operations on the cheap. Filthy is not even the word to describe it, no sanitation and worst of all, no sedation. The poor mentally ill ladyboy got castrated while being fully awake and sent packing within 20 minutes afterwards.

The Thais really should be doing something about the katoey issue instead of encouraging it. Who knows how many lives have been lost due to hormones and botched surgery.

it sounds to me like she may have been allergic to the injection. Serious allergies could have caused her to start having trouble breathing and this would bring about the shortness of breath that they reported in the article. Hope she makes a speedy recovery. And yes her family will need her back to work to help them. In Thailand they cannot just turn to welfare payments from the government if they are old, disabled or unable to find work. Many families in this country need the support of someone in their family to help them survive. My wife and I help out my 80 year mother in law as well as her deaf and dumb sister who is unable to get a decent job. There is a great more family bonding here than in the Western Nations.

• Like 1

The kind of quackery that goes on in Thailand is mind-boggling, particularly among the katoey community. I saw a television series of a doctor in Pratunam doing 'sex change' operations on the cheap. Filthy is not even the word to describe it, no sanitation and worst of all, no sedation. The poor mentally ill ladyboy got castrated while being fully awake and sent packing within 20 minutes afterwards.

The Thais really should be doing something about the katoey issue instead of encouraging it. Who knows how many lives have been lost due to hormones and botched surgery.

This is a country that thrives on whitening, slimming, and bust improvement medicine, the vast majority of which is of no scientific proof, or is downright unhealthy for you. We aren't much better in the west, but at least we have managed to get away from airbrushing women down to a size 00 on the front page of magazines, and anything you advertise has to be backed by some PROOF and be tested for safety.

The most bizarre thing about it is, that most women from the developed world would give their eye teeth to be as petite and thin as most Thai women, but Thai's have been brainwashed into believing they are perenially over weight.

it sounds to me like she may have been allergic to the injection. Serious allergies could have caused her to start having trouble breathing and this would bring about the shortness of breath that they reported in the article. Hope she makes a speedy recovery. And yes her family will need her back to work to help them. In Thailand they cannot just turn to welfare payments from the government if they are old, disabled or unable to find work. Many families in this country need the support of someone in their family to help them survive. My wife and I help out my 80 year mother in law as well as her deaf and dumb sister who is unable to get a decent job. There is a great more family bonding here than in the Western Nations.

Oh yeah, families in the west leave their seniors to live in abject poverty all the time.