British Invasion?

KRS1

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen,, youve all got it wrong, how an earth do you expect the yanks to make good movies when they havnt got any history,

they allways borrow our history, and it allways turns out that they are the heros, beggers belief,

the last good yank film i saw, custer was getting a good hiding from them indians,,

how old is america??

jake, good old lincs boy

It's true that American humour does not travel well in saying that neither do the yanks I think it's true that most don't have a passport and they think the channel tunnel is between Maine and the uk :)

There's a lot more truth in your statement than you might imagine. I once hired an upmarket RV in the USA. I was on a site in California when a friendly American came over to chat with me. He was really taken with the RV and in concluding the conversation he looked at me with incredulity and said " and you're telling me you drove this all the way from England ?"
  • Like 1

It's true that American humour does not travel well in saying that neither do the yanks I think it's true that most don't have a passport and they think the channel tunnel is between Maine and the uk smile.png

There's a lot more truth in your statement than you might imagine. I once hired an upmarket RV in the USA. I was on a site in California when a friendly American came over to chat with me. He was really taken with the RV and in concluding the conversation he looked at me with incredulity and said " and you're telling me you drove this all the way from England ?"

and of course you said yes to mess with his head ?

• Like 1

It's true that American humour does not travel well in saying that neither do the yanks I think it's true that most don't have a passport and they think the channel tunnel is between Maine and the uk smile.png

and of course you said yes to mess with his head ?

I wasn't looking to create an international crisis. I just modestly pointed out that there was another co-driver and that we had a number of rest breaks along the way. Edited by Rajab Al Zarahni
  • Like 1

old KRS1 seems to have bee in his bonnet today, first this then the go at blaming expats for getting shot by their greedy wives...

do tell OP, what's your f' problem?

btw, the brits have always been here - its just the americans are all tied up on the USA election topics, the ozzies are still talking about cricket matches from the 90's to themselves, the kiwis are looking for beetroot to put on their burgers, the canucks are trying to figure out how to play ice hockey in shorts and sandals, the french have surrendered their board rights, the norwegiens are busy with motorbike issues in pattaya, the russians are trying to bring back white pants into main line fashion - again.

this had me chuckling...

Wasn't Edisons father a Candian ?...ergo, Edison is only half American, so it could have been his Candian side which perfected the light bulb..rolleyes.gif

and most of them are French eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

Wasn't Edisons father a Candian ?...ergo, Edison is only half American, so it could have been his Candian side which perfected the light bulb..rolleyes.gif

and most of them are French eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

There is a thing called the Internet.......check it out sometime you may learn something. Canada is not mostly French it is what we call a cultural mosaic.

Rubbish no good will ever come form learning , pig ignorance is the way forwards.tongue.png always worked for me anyway???

• Like 1

Did the Poms give us James Bond ... Agent 007 ??

The Yanks gave us ...

oh, yes, Get Smart ... goof.gif

Mostly any movie or TV show produced outside of the USA is garbage. That is why AMERICAN made movies are famous WORLD WIDE, Australians and brits havent had an international blockbuster film such as Star Wars, Toy STory or Avatar ever......

Now we see Thaland copying all american TV shows=The Voice, Thailands Got Talent, etc......

V for Vendetta is the best brittish film ever made next up is clockwork orange...

You have obviously never watched the Movie. 'Trainspotting'

Ok guys, let us all chill.

I don't think any body means to bash anyone else in this thread, and I think people are taking things the wrong way. The past few weeks there's alot of "hot"...and yeah I know that I played a role in instigating part of it. But I think it is time to chill and put whatever digs and insults behind and move forward.

Peace and love to Britain and the British people from me.

Yes Jerk, from me too, but not to any British Government in my life time.

Chill, KRS1. No one is punching (but if we do, it will be 100% Marquis of Queensberry rules, OK?)....far too busy laughing at the image of Mr Bean on crystal meth clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

I'd like to think that the catalyst for your original question was the heightened quality of posts, but I somehow doubt this will be the case now.

Dont worry, i know some of you are actually cool in person. Its when you guys run out of meth that you start to get troublesome. tongue.png

Don't take chances on running out of meths. Keep a can of Brasso handy, in case you meet a girl you take a shine to.

SC

What does Brasso taste like Street Cowboy?

The Yanks gave us ...

Mostly any movie or TV show produced outside of the USA is garbage. That is why AMERICAN made movies are famous WORLD WIDE, Australians and brits havent had an international blockbuster film such as Star Wars, Toy STory or Avatar ever......

Now we see Thaland copying all american TV shows=The Voice, Thailands Got Talent, etc......

V for Vendetta is the best brittish film ever made next up is clockwork orange...

Or the Crying Game, or the last king of Scotland

Ok guys, let us all chill.

I don't think any body means to bash anyone else in this thread, and I think people are taking things the wrong way. The past few weeks there's alot of "hot"...and yeah I know that I played a role in instigating part of it. But I think it is time to chill and put whatever digs and insults behind and move forward.

Peace and love to Britain and the British people from me.

Yes Jerk, from me too, but not to any British Government in my life time.

If you spoke to alot of people back in the UK they are not exactly in love the government, or indeed any of the political class.

Anyway, on a lighter note

• Like 1

The Yanks gave us ...

Or the Crying Game, or the last king of Scotland

Or Lock, Stock and Snatch.

But I agree that the Americans are far better at 'blockbusters' and also produce other v good films.

The British sense of humour and American sense of humour are miles a part, I have seem this first hand when I worked in the states for a while

Well since we are on the subject, could someone please explain to me Monty Python. I still don't get it.

Neither do I,but if you need to ask the question,you never will get it!

The Yanks gave us ...

The Avatar movie was directed by James Francis Cameron who is a Canadian.

A lot of yanks think the queen is the active ruler of UK, don't know what the PM is about, probably think he's priest.

they think the channel tunnel is between Maine and the uk

What a stupid remark! They all know the channel tunnel is how cable TV connections are made.

Sometimes US humor works best when it's not meant to be...