Why Do So Many Men Let Themselves Go Over Here?

thenervoussurgeon

I was just thinking about going out tomorrow and i decided that i would wear my new trousers ,when the thought struck me that so many guys over here just seem to let themselves go and slop around in scruffy shorts and singlets sometimes with shoes and black socks and just seem to have given up looking neat ,even when out with their wives, i wonder why have they just given up.?

Edited by thenervoussurgeon
  • Like 1

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they would have been the same when living in their own countries.

i always wear black socks and sandals with,

my ATM , dangling on a medalion .

where u go , hamsum man .

actually , when i was in civi street ,giggle.gif

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

Depends if you feel "looking" good is important or not..... even in Thailand.

Main point is to keep cool for me which often means baggy clothes.

The world has become a bit obsessed by"look"

I bet you like to look at sexy girls... or do you want the old ones with all the wrinkles. Looks are important and some nice clothes help a lot.

• Like 1

I bet you like to look at sexy girls... or do you want the old ones with all the wrinkles. Looks are important and some nice clothes help a lot.

Actually the last head turner/conversation stopper I saw, and I mean every male head in the area without exception, was a japanese mother who strode along in her bikini to join her year old child and husband in the pool

I don't think black socks would have made one iota of difference, and clothes would have not enhanced the effect one bit.

I think for the male farang comfort is important, especially if there is no need to impress. I find that I wear more long sleeved shirts and trousers these days if I am heading into 'civilisation' more to deter mosquitoes and sun than for the smart look

Actually the last head turner/conversation stopper I saw, and I mean every male head in the area without exception, was a japanese mother who strode along in her bikini to join her year old child and husband in the pool

I don't think black socks would have made one iota of difference, and clothes would have not enhanced the effect one bit.

I think for the male farang comfort is important, especially if there is no need to impress. I find that I wear more long sleeved shirts and trousers these days if I am heading into 'civilisation' more to deter mosquitoes and sun than for the smart look

There are not many guys in a shape and with looks (me included because im not that special) that can make all the girls head turn. Its easier for girls to make men turn their head. But a guy in moderate shape (no beer belly ect) dressed well looks a lot better to girls then one with flip flops and a t shirt

Certainly being able to dress casually is one of the pluses of living here, and my shirts and shorts are always ironed, but I haven't worn a pair of dress shoes or a tie in 4 years, and can't see me wearing either in the forseeable future. I remember seeing a T Shirt in Pattaya that said "This is as dressed up as I get".

• Like 1

There are not many guys in a shape and with looks (me included because im not that special) that can make all the girls head turn. Its easier for girls to make men turn their head. But a guy in moderate shape (no beer belly ect) dressed well looks a lot better to girls then one with flip flops and a t shirt

I find a nice smile saves on the wardrobe costs

Certainly being able to dress casually is one of the pluses of living here, and my shirts and shorts are always ironed, but I haven't worn a pair of dress shoes or a tie in 4 years, and can't see me wearing either in the forseeable future. I remember seeing a T Shirt in Pattaya that said "This is as dressed up as I get".

A yob on the forum eh. laugh.png

perhaps they are just like me and care a flying fàrt what others think of their attire?

I've got to agree, I'm not here to impress anyone, especially living on the beach in a tourist area with not a care in the world what other wannabe's think. If I lived in Isaan...................well I'd never live in Isaan.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 1

perhaps they are just like me and care a flying fàrt what others think of their attire?

I've got to agree, I'm not here to impress anyone, especially living on the beach in a tourist area with not a care in the world what other wannabe's think. If I lived in Isaan...................well I'd never live in Isaan.

w00t.gif , blasphemer. w00t.gif ................................huh.png

We dress correctly here, if a gentleman, then a gentleman's apparel, sadly l am the only one. sad.png

• Like 1

w00t.gif , blasphemer. w00t.gif ................................huh.png

We dress correctly here, if a gentleman, then a gentleman's apparel, sadly l am the only one. sad.png

Am I the only one who dresses in black tie for dinner old chap ?....bloody heathens on TV, no class at all..

What is wrong with shorts? It is a hot country. I wear Diesel sandals too. Usually a shirt or a Polo shirt. I am comfortable wearing these things as, it seems, are many others?

Why wear trousers or jeans when they make you uncomfortable?

So in July/August the UK Royals dine out in shorts and flip-flops. cheesy.gif

Speak for yourself.

post-41816-0-13553700-1348403306_thumb.j

laugh.png

when i retired 23 years ago i took a holy oath never to wear a suit and a tie again except for funerals or weddings. why any retiree would wear formal cloths in a tropical country is beyond my grasp. i like my shorts, t-shirt and shoes open at the back (no socks!).

of course i wear long trousers (jeans) when travelling abroad. but if the destination is tropical i prefer my t-shirt over a shirt with a collar. and it gives me great pleasure to embarass a flight attendant when boarding by keeping the boarding pass in a back pocket. then when told "sorry Sir, this way please" i answer grinning "OOPS, i had no idea that you switched business and first with cattle class." tongue.png

• Like 2

I think the main reason is that their own looks, presentation and, perhaps, personalities, are no longer factors in attracting women as they almost certainly were back home since their wallets do the heavy lifting now.

Each to their own but I prefer to be presentable just like I did back in London.

Agreed