Deed For Land (With Tool Shop) - Problems?

Hi

My Thai wife and I both live in Europe. Her mother lives in Northern Thailand, where she owns a bit of land next to her house. The situation is, that her mother has recently met a man who is supposedly quite ill tempered and unpredictable.

It has always been the meaning, that some of the mothers land should go to my wife. My wife would like to get the deed for the land soon, and her mother is okay with that (but the mother needs to keep it a secret to her boyfriend to not get in trouble!). My wife has just realised however, that her mother and boyfriend has built a tool shop on the land which my wife is supposed to take over (unknown where the money for the shop came from, as my wife's mother has only little money).

As we live outside of Thailand, we are a bit unsure how to handle this matter. If my wife gets the deed for the land (including the tool shop I suppose), are there any precautions she should take?

Thanks!

If they are not married and the mother has title deed then make a will with copy of title deed as enclosure and let it ride. A note about temp use of the property for the tool shop will protect him from later claiming it under use and occupation rules i.e. 10 year no complaint he can own it. Document his presents as temp with permission only and he does not even have to know about that beyond a simple mention in passing the document control everything else.