Bangkok Immigration Launches Re-Entry Permit Queue Online

BANGKOK IMMIGRATION ONLINE

Chiang Wattana Immigration launches re-entry permit queue online

pp2.jpg

Need a re-entry permit? Now you can apply online. File photo.

BANGKOK: -- Good times ahead for expats in Bangkok who need a re-entry permit. The Immigration Bureau has recently launched its online queue for obtaining a re-entry permit, but you need to apply on the web two days in advance.

You can now schedule an appointment date and time via Thai Immigration's website at http://bangkok.immigration.go.th. You simply fill in and submit the form TM.8 online and receive a reservation code.

Here is the direct link for online application: http://113.53.236.68...ry_tran_iu.aspx

On your scheduled time and date you just take your passport and reservation code, pay the fee 1,000 Baht for a single re-entry permit (or 3,800 Baht for a multiple re-entry permit) at the "Counter Service for Re-entry Permit Queue Online". You will be presented with a pre-filled in TM.8 form and get your photo taken.

Immigration Bureau says the whole process will take less than 5 minutes of your time.

We guess that the online queue system will be much appreciated in the expat community.

tvn.png

-- 2012-09-24

Source: http://113.53.236.68:8080/reentry/

• Like 2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i am not sure i understand. You fill this online then go to immigration? I have never been to chiang wattana but in pattaya it is same day and very quick.....i thought they migh have a counter at the airport then i would be impressed....

Edited by yankee99

You can make an online appointment, so you get quicker service then just showing up and wait your turn and don't have to fill in a form there or even take passport photo's with you. This way it is supposed to be only 5 minutes of time to get your re-entry permit.

I take this is for Bangkok issued "extention of stay" only. Any news when this service will be available for the provinces

Yes, Bangkok only.

Immigration seems to be experimenting with online applications, like in CM and now this in BKK. Who nows about the provinces in the future.

So i am not sure i understand. You fill this online then go to immigration? I have never been to chiang wattana but in pattaya it is same day and very quick.....i thought they migh have a counter at the airport then i would be impressed....

They used to have such a counter at the airport, but for some reason, they closed it down!

They used to have such a counter at the airport, but for some reason, they closed it down!

They have re-opend the airport counter, but only between 06:00 and 24:00 hours and you can only get a re-entry eprmit there after you have checked in with the ailrine.

Always do it at your local immirgaiton office if you can, the airport is a last resort.

Two days in advance?

What about the people who have an emergency and get an urgent flight somewhere? Are the covered.

Every time I extend my retirement visa, I get a multiple re-entry permit. Saves my pages and lets me make last minute trips.

You can still go witout an appointment, they appointment system only makes it quicker.

In emergencies the airport also has a re-entry permit counter from 06:00 till 24:00.

Two days in advance?

What about the people who have an emergency and get an urgent flight somewhere? Are the covered.

Every time I extend my retirement visa, I get a multiple re-entry permit. Saves my pages and lets me make last minute trips.

they can come to pattaya with same day (actually about 15minute) processing...

Goodness, that website's confusing. Strange way of entering dates. The UK appearing under the letter "T" as "THE UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN". No obvious option for "Non-immigrant B". (I'm guessing it's NON-IMMIGRANT-90.) Parts of the address are in Roman script - others in Thai. And a fair smattering of dodgy English. And you can book an appointment for 12 or 12:30 when they're at lunch.

Still, it's a great improvement over the old "queue for a couple of hours - or longer if we go to lunch" system.

Edited by AyG

I cannot believe too much anything immigration says. They sold me a re-entry permit and then told me I was on overstay. Why wouldn't they tell me that I was on overstay and refuse to sell me a re-entry permit.

Of course the 1,000 Bhat was non refundable.

Edited by Colabamumbai

I can see where this could be a good step toward utilizing technology. My only concern is I always apply for a multiple re-entry permit after I get my 1-year extension based on retirement. Because I don't know how long the extension will be, how can I make an appointment online two days in advance? What if I don't make the reservation and then I am behind all those who made the appointment online?

I do hope they bring some automation to the 90-day report; however, I am guilty of not using the mail-in option.

The mere requirement of obtaining such "permits" is a shame beyond shame.

Over the past 10 years or so, I have asked more than a dozen immi officers to give me a single reason, other than "it's in the law" - for the existence of this ridiculous requirement, and - not to my surprise - no one could. Red tape sticks better - and worse - than any glue.

NOTE!!

It's opened again, I used it last month, but did get caught out once years ago when they closed it without publicising.

Pre-booked times sounds good but for all the time it takes to get to Cheng Wattana in North Bangkok you may as well do it at the airport while waiting to board your flight, there is quite a long wait (20-30 minutes) but then they let you jump to the front of the queue for immigration. It's a small desk to the left of the queue area on the upstairs immigration, if you ask where it is you'll get a run around since no one seems to know.

I take this is for Bangkok issued "extention of stay" only. Any news when this service will be available for the provinces

Yes, Bangkok only.

Immigration seems to be experimenting with online applications, like in CM and now this in BKK. Who nows about the provinces in the future.

In Chiang mai, you have to book appointment several months in advance, as if you try to book within a few weeks, the service is closed (full)

Yes, Bangkok only.

Hi, I want to stay for 90 days--can I apply on line from UK.?

NOTE!!

It's opened again, I used it last month, but did get caught out once years ago when they closed it without publicising.

Pre-booked times sounds good but for all the time it takes to get to Cheng Wattana in North Bangkok you may as well do it at the airport while waiting to board your flight, there is quite a long wait (20-30 minutes) but then they let you jump to the front of the queue for immigration. It's a small desk to the left of the queue area on the upstairs immigration, if you ask where it is you'll get a run around since no one seems to know.

EXCEPT Airport is 24 hours, reentry permits 6 am to late (10 or 12). If you are flying out late or early, don't count on it -

Maybe not the right topic for my question, please move this if so.

Here in Nakhon si Thammarat, we have no RE-ENTRY for NON-IMM O what I know, but this IMMIGRATION changes the rules as often as a normal person changes his shirt.

So I've never heard of this RE-ENTRY. Please someone, if you have a link to this rule (if there is any oficiell online)