Occupancy Rates At Hilton And Other 4&5 Star Hotels ?

morrobay

Does anyone know about the occupancy rates at the 4&5 star hotels like the Hilton ?

Maybe I just dont get why someone wealthy enough to stay at 5 star hotels would choose Pattaya instead of the Mediterranean or Hong Kong .

And there are more of these 4&5 star hotels planned. I can understand the attraction of Pattaya for the tours , tour bus masses .

But what about the wealthy ? Someone in a current condo thread stated that alot of the condos are empty. Is this the case in some 4&5 stars ?

VERY strange post however the answer to one of your questions is:

Sometimes they are full sometimes they are empty depends on the season.

Are the wealthy different to the un-wealthy these days?

I'm still trying to figure out the point to your post?

perhaps he is trying figure out how much to offer buying the Hilton? ermm.gif

OP: I just checked the room rate for some 5 star hotels in mid October, even at the Royal Cliff only 9,000 baht/US$300 a night for one bedroom suite with spa that is definitely not an elite price. Perhaps you need to provide a definition of room spend rate for "monied elite".

OP: I just checked the room rate for some 5 star hotels in mid October, even at the Royal Cliff only 9,000 baht/US$300 a night for one bedroom suite with spa that is definitely not an elite price. Perhaps you need to provide a definition of room spend rate for "monied elite".

I would say that is definitely an elite price - try Agoda and see how many hotels come out at at more than 5K THB a night ?

A lot of visitors to BKK (rich or otherwise) on a limited time do come to Pattaya because it is perhaps the most well known beach resort that is close to BKK and accessible enough for a couple of days respite from the traffic snarls, pollution and human sea that is BKK. After they've visited and experienced just exactly what sort of beach we have, they might opt for Hua Hin next time.laugh.png

• Like 2

I would say that is definitely an elite price - try Agoda and see how many hotels come out at at more than 5K THB a night ?

Oops misread OP's post, asking why people who can afford 5 star hotels in the likes of the Mediterranean would come to Pattaya - sorry...

These hotels can be booked via the internet or travel brochures from the departing countries

at a lot lower cost than what you would pay if you went in at the lobby, especially the international

brand hotels.

They also do packages with certain airlines too, so i don't think most visitors actually pay the inflated

lobby prices.

Point being; a veiled pattaya bashing comment perhaps

I'm with the OP. I don't see the attraction of Pattaya to the international monied elite, though I understand why monied Thais would find it convenient. Pattaya doesn't real cut it if you can afford anywhere. There is almost no culture such as theater scenes in New York or London. The "museums" are a joke. There is no art scene. The live music scene is mostly Filipino cover bands. The food doesn't compare to nearby places like Singapore or Hong Kong, much less San Francisco or Paris. The beaches are third rate dirty and scam filled. There aren't even real taxi cabs. I am not bashing Pattaya. It has its twisted charms and attractions that are accessible to non-wealthy people, but I still don't get its appeal to the international monied elite.

Another interesting question. These international monied elite that are lured here for the first time by who knows what ... marketing perhaps. Do they return again in significant numbers or not?

People from all classes come to Pattaya. It's not a question of how much money they have. From the skint to the wealthy they come for the unique Pattaya scene. Something you won't find anywhere else in the World. Certainly things they wouldn't find in New York , London , Singapore or Hong Kong. The luxury hotels are cheap compared to other countries. I stay in the Centara Grande Mirage. Low season i pay 4500 baht per night for a deluxe family room. Breakfast included. A bargain in my book.

These hotels can be booked via the internet or travel brochures from the departing countries

at a lot lower cost than what you would pay if you went in at the lobby, especially the international

brand hotels.

They also do packages with certain airlines too, so i don't think most visitors actually pay the inflated

lobby prices.

Get the internet rate and just walk into reception. I've never had a problem getting the same rate. Admittedly the initial quote is always high but when you point out with Agoda it's only X baht they tend to do the same price. Maybe not high season but low season no problem.