Foreigner Shot Dead In Saraburi

coma

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There can be no misinterpretations with a picture. Tell me what is wrong with this picture ? Or should I ask. What is missing in this picture ?

408119-01.jpg

Shouldn't try to draw substantive conclusions from single photographs. This is a point about photographs, not this case. You take 50 and print the one you think best.

• Like 1

There can be no misinterpretations with a picture. Tell me what is wrong with this picture ? Or should I ask. What is missing in this picture ?

408119-01.jpg

That looks like the smile of a psychopath

actually it looks like a smile of "he's gone we won"

I hope that pensions insurance etc see this for what it is and withhold all monies until there is a proper legal result that doesn't comply with the wishes of the local corrupt police officer - all too often the police here are a step above their mandate

• Like 1

408119-01.jpg

Shouldn't try to draw substantive conclusions from single photographs. This is a point about photographs, not this case. You take 50 and print the one you think best.

No. This is just one photo of many. I could have put 15 or more of them that I have from different angles, cameras, sources and stages of the same press conference and they all show you the same thing. The mother-in-law is missing in EVERY single one of them. That means she is not being accused of the crimes her offspring are. Feel free to be objective and suger coat it if you will. However some are not so naive and and been here and seen it all before.

Edited by coma
  • Like 1

If we could get accurate news we would be spared a lot of misspent emotion and Thai bashing. The journalists have a knack for getting it wrong or saying it wrong and it makes the Thai authorities look like the Keystone cops. When, they sometimes are doing it right.

At this point it is safe to say that we have only a vague idea of what is really going on.

Is it so hard to get the facts out. Is it translation problems? Is the Thai language news just as bad?

Since you are fully aware that the news is inaccurate, why get emotional and start bashing? No better than the locals, it seems to me.

Since I am fully aware that the poor reporting has caused me to jump to conclusions, I made a comment to that regard. In fact it could be said that I was defending the authorities to a certain extent while putting the blame on bad journalism.

I think being indignant about inaccurate news is considered normal and fair comment, anywhere in the world.

In between sand bags in drains and no rain falling, is there any news follow up on the whereabouts of the child?

I second that query, Does any one know the whereabouts of the child, and the case of custody???

Edited by cougar52

In between sand bags in drains and no rain falling, is there any news follow up on the whereabouts of the child?

I second that query, Does any one know the whereabouts of the child, and the case of custody???

Yes the mother in law

• 2 weeks later...

Is it me or are stories of this nature getting more frequent.

Thai Society seems to be descending onto a slippery slope with the Rule of Law openly ignored by the rich and influential with them not even bothering any more to try to conceal it. It is almost reverse anarchy where those in power run amok. With role models such as those running the country, the military, the police and just about every other service or agency run by the local or national government, what hope is there that the general low level population will give a dam_n about the law either.

Thais accept so many things in their society now, two faced attitudes, corruption rampant with some reports of 60% of government funded schemes going into the pockets of the politicians and government officials, lousy education and a million other things. Murder should not be added to the list of things a blind eye is turned to. I hope this case is investigated with vigour and vigilance and not just left in a file to gather dust because it earns the police no money.

I hope the family of this man finds closure and him peace. There but for the grace of God go I - I wonder how long His grace will last sometimes.

Are you suggesting a Thai did it? There seems to be plenty of farang on farang violence these days as well if you read the local papers.

Not necessarily - I have no idea who did it but it is more likely to be a Thai person than a foreigner wouldn't you agree? Given there are 60 million Thai people in Thailand and a lot lot less foreigners. The real point I was trying to make was that there seem to be so many stories at the moment of foreigners being killed, raped and attacked and yet there seems to be an apathy to follow these deaths and incidents up. Whoever is guilty should be found. People are people and murderers are murderers - they should be hunted down and convicted whoever they are - rich or poor, Thai or foreign - everyone is a citizen of the world and money or race should not come into justice.