Foreigner Shot Dead In Saraburi

coma

Apart from hearing that those lowlifes are safely behind bars I would be very interested in hearing what happens to the little boy.

I truly hope there is someone in Oswalds family that can take him away from all of this and provide a decent life for him and the courts don't make him stay here. Hopefully he is young enough to forget it all. It would be a tradgedy if he was to stay here under the care of any one of his Thai relatives given what some of them have already done.

I hope some posters who knew Oswald can share any news about this.

just a thought, if money was an issue I am sure there would be a few of us willing to donate and help get that little boy away from here. At least that way something good may come out of all this. Hopefully any money the boy has left to him get's used in a way that provides a dececnt life for him

I truly hope the guilty ones can rot in jail.

I hope he does forget, my niece was three when my brother was murdered and it affected her badly, this little boy will need a close loving and nurturing family around him if he has any chance of minimising the emotional scaring.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the first time this has happened in Thailand and the newspapers are full of these incidents. . Ex-wife + boyfriend + child = problems.

Oswald knew the risks!

Rest in peace boetie.

http://www.timeslive...und-in-thailand

Knew the risks of dying in a relationship?????

I know the risks of crossing a busy road in Thailand also, but when the farang jumps off the 15th floor balcony, lands on top of me whilst I'm waiting to cross and kills me, well that is a risk I may have not planned for.

• Like 1

As far as I am aware Oswald's brother has lodged an application to adopt the child.

I experienced a very similar experience as Oswald. The poison would have killed me but for the fast reaction of the neighbours.

Like Oswald I just won a custody case. It seems that causes too much loss of face. Whilst I have every faith in the Thai family courts to do the right thing regarding his son I wouldn't hope for too much from the criminal courts.

At least in this case there is a confession. Let's hope that it ends well. I would advise as many oh his friends to attend the hearings. Judges don't like to know that the world is watching them.

Apart from hearing that those lowlifes are safely behind bars I would be very interested in hearing what happens to the little boy.

I truly hope there is someone in Oswalds family that can take him away from all of this and provide a decent life for him and the courts don't make him stay here.

In the other paper this afternoon, police said the mother-in-law involved would become state witness and take custody of the child.

I truly hope there is someone in Oswalds family that can take him away from all of this and provide a decent life for him and the courts don't make him stay here.

In the other paper this afternoon, police said the mother-in-law involved would become state witness and take custody of the child.

<deleted>, that could not possibly be right. The mother in law was totally involved in the murder and now she will be rewarded with the childs inheritance. She is not fit to raise a child just look at her own. The boy should go to family in South Africa where I am sure he will get a far better upbringing there than put into the hands of murdering deceitful relatives in Thailand.

I fail to understand why the police need a state witness when they all confessed - lock them all up and throw away the key, how this little boy could be brought up by that woman is beyond me.

of course they shouldn't need. This sounds like a contrived effort to keep the child, possibly to extort payment for the child.

I am not willing to give these people any benefit of the doubt for the simple reason that at no point have they appeared to act in the best interests of the child at all.

<deleted>, that could not possibly be right. The mother in law was totally involved in the murder and now she will be rewarded with the childs inheritance. She is not fit to raise a child just look at her own. The boy should go to family in South Africa where I am sure he will get a far better upbringing there than put into the hands of murdering deceitful relatives in Thailand.

There is absolutely no way on this earth that any Judge with the brain half the size of a chook would release the grandmother and grant her custody of the boy. She was a mojor player in the planning and the murder of the poor guy to get custody of the child. Even the Thai courts could not possibly stoop to the lowest of lows and reward her for her actions and place the child into such an evil and dispicable enviroment.

There is absolutely no way on this earth that any Judge with the brain half the size of a chook would release the grandmother and grant her custody of the boy. She was a mojor player in the planning and the murder of the poor guy to get custody of the child. Even the Thai courts could not possibly stoop to the lowest of lows and reward her for her actions and place the child into such an evil and dispicable enviroment.

I wish you were right, but TIT .

Fellas what we're seeing is evidently a quirk of Thai law, Don't be to concerned about it. We all know she was driving the car and more than likely closed the tailgate on her idiot armed son. I also recall directly from Oswald some of the crazy shit she did in court during the custody case; that we all know Ozzie won. Crazy shit im not going into, but got her expelled from the court. Crazy shit which is a part of court records.There is a very large and loving extended family waiting for little Pun, rest assured.

I am sure that somewhere in the law books there are safeguards in place to keep the perpetrators of crime from reaping the fruit of their misdeeds.

But how much money are we talking here?

The baht moves in mysterious ways.

Flush out your brains buddy. This is Thailand . No rule of law here.

Perhaps I was too vague.

Okay guys, maybe it's time for the power of forums such as this. When I was in the UK we ran a very successful campaign to get a house converted as a rehabilitation center for servicemen returning from Afghanistan and Iraq who had lost limbs and suffered terrible injury. There had been much complaining from some Nimby's and one of the deciding factors was the local council meeting to discuss the application. about two hundred of us turned up all with jacket and Tie and took every spare public seat. The motion to support the servicemen was overwhelmingly passed.

In post 393 whitfield has given details of his own experiences including the advice that a good turn out at the hearings may add support. Not only the criminal hearings but also the hearings for custody.

How about we mobilize the TV masses. Amongst us we have the resources to achieve almost anything. Oswald's close friends will be able to touch base with family members in SA and we can get all the court hearings scheduled. Why not commence Operation Oswald or Operation SafeHaven with the sole aims of getting Oswald's young son to safety and pressure the legal system to send these 3 down for the maximum period possible. I am willing to dedicate time and resources to organizing the when's and where's and will establish a link with Oswald's brother. If there is support for the idea maybe the Mods can get us a sticky/pinned thread Op Oswald or Op SafeHaven. We can do the rest via public and private messaging and emails.

The situation needs support, lets not bitch and moan how the Thai system gave custody of the boy to the Mother in Law in 6 months. All the family in SA have left of Oswald is his son, and all the son has left is his murdered Fathers family in SA.

It seems Oswald was much loved by those that knew him. Shall we try and make a difference to his sons future, it seems necessary and will be a very noble cause!

My god, talk about jumping the gun.

Okay guys, maybe it's time for the power of forums such as this. When I was in the UK we ran a very successful campaign to get a house converted as a rehabilitation center for servicemen returning from Afghanistan and Iraq who had lost limbs and suffered terrible injury. There had been much complaining from some Nimby's and one of the deciding factors was the local council meeting to discuss the application. about two hundred of us turned up all with jacket and Tie and took every spare public seat. The motion to support the servicemen was overwhelmingly passed.

In post 393 whitfield has given details of his own experiences including the advice that a good turn out at the hearings may add support. Not only the criminal hearings but also the hearings for custody.

How about we mobilize the TV masses. Amongst us we have the resources to achieve almost anything. Oswald's close friends will be able to touch base with family members in SA and we can get all the court hearings scheduled. Why not commence Operation Oswald or Operation SafeHaven with the sole aims of getting Oswald's young son to safety and pressure the legal system to send these 3 down for the maximum period possible. I am willing to dedicate time and resources to organizing the when's and where's and will establish a link with Oswald's brother. If there is support for the idea maybe the Mods can get us a sticky/pinned thread Op Oswald or Op SafeHaven. We can do the rest via public and private messaging and emails.

The situation needs support, lets not bitch and moan how the Thai system gave custody of the boy to the Mother in Law in 6 months. All the family in SA have left of Oswald is his son, and all the son has left is his murdered Fathers family in SA.

It seems Oswald was much loved by those that knew him. Shall we try and make a difference to his sons future, it seems necessary and will be a very noble cause!

My god, talk about jumping the gun.

I am confused. What gun is there to Jump? If its not your cup of tea don't be involved simple.

Edited by GentlemanJim

Good concept Jim, and lets see how we go. A big turn out during trial has already been talked about amongst Oswalds cricket mates. All of Oswalds family will be here by tomorrow morning and they will be giving a statement to the press tomorrow afternoon. Keep your eyes open for that. Thanks for the positive support.

Good concept Jim, and lets see how we go. A big turn out during trial has already been talked about amongst Oswalds cricket mates. All of Oswalds family will be here by tomorrow morning and they will be giving a statement to the press tomorrow afternoon. Keep your eyes open for that. Thanks for the positive support.

Just say the word exona if more folks are needed and we can try and pack the place out. Please pass condolences to the family and wishes for a speedy resolution to the little ones situation.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info, B - but surely this can't be the case...? (although I guess anything is possible in TH ermm.gif )

Any confirmation from the Siam CC guys?

What really peeves me about these cases is the lack of empathy shown by the Thai's involved, life is so cheap to them.

In the majority of these 'domestic cases' the victim has often provided a lot, not just the material things but, compassion, understanding and love all of which is wasted on the majority of these village people, I sincerely believe that Thai's see the Westerners compassion as a weakness to be exploited.

The problem arises when Westerners make a stand and show that there are two sides to their character.

Yet again the silent victim of this unsavory and unnecessary episode is the child, who will now probably grow up without both parents with the strong possibility of having his memory of the 'falang' father being poisoned by his mother and grandmothers family.

I take it you don't like the village people very much? Bit of a generalisation IMO

What really peeves me about these cases is the lack of empathy shown by the Thai's involved, life is so cheap to them.

In the majority of these 'domestic cases' the victim has often provided a lot, not just the material things but, compassion, understanding and love all of which is wasted on the majority of these village people, I sincerely believe that Thai's see the Westerners compassion as a weakness to be exploited.

The problem arises when Westerners make a stand and show that there are two sides to their character.

Yet again the silent victim of this unsavory and unnecessary episode is the child, who will now probably grow up without both parents with the strong possibility of having his memory of the 'falang' father being poisoned by his mother and grandmothers family.

I take it you don't like the village people very much? Bit of a generalisation IMO

More like a 'bit of a fact' and I purposely used the word MAJORITY, for your info I don't mind the 'Village People' 'Frankie goes to Hollywood' or come to think of it 'Erasure'

Oswald loved Thailand and its people, and I think he'd be very ashamed of how some posters here are using his tragic demise as an excuse to stereotype and bash the entire Thai nation, as if no white person ever killed his or her former spouse as a result of a nasty domestic dispute. Mourn Oswald, bash the perpetrators -- by all means. But leave the racist tirades out of it, can we?

Oswald loved Thailand and its people, and I think he'd be very ashamed of how some posters here are using his tragic demise as an excuse to stereotype and bash the entire Thai nation, as if no white person ever killed his or her former spouse as a result of a nasty domestic dispute. Mourn Oswald, bash the perpetrators -- by all means. But leave the racist tirades out of it, can we?

You are a head case! You have spent 3 days stereo typing white males in Thailand and murder rates, claiming you didn't know the guy etc etc, I don't need to go into it, it's all in the thread. Then you come on with a post like this!!

• Like 1

No farang i have ever met has ever been able to make his wife go against his mother in law 100 %

You are a head case! You have spent 3 days stereo typing white males in Thailand and murder rates, claiming you didn't know the guy etc etc, I don't need to go into it, it's all in the thread. Then you come on with a post like this!!

I haven't stereotyped anyone -- it was another guy talking about low class farangs hooking up with low class Thai women.

If you have a problem with my post, please quote and tell me the reason instead of flying off the handle with your crazy accusations again.

I haven't stereotyped anyone -- it was another guy talking about low class farangs hooking up with low class Thai women.

If you have a problem with my post, please quote and tell me the reason instead of flying off the handle with your crazy accusations again.

That's really really funny! Honest.

No farang i have ever met has ever been able to make his wife go against his mother in law 100 %

No male I have ever met has ever been able to make his wife, Thai or otherwise, go against his mother in law 100%.